Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 04-29-2009, 07:51 AM   #31
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Leno is jabrone.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:42 AM   #32
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Yea... ever heard of Buell? They are running a liquid cooled, 1125 cc bike in the 600 cc class. Aprillia is running a 1000 cc bike in the class. I almost feel sorry for Ducati having to run a measly 850 in the 600 cc class. Not to mention that Ducati is running last year's WSBK championship winning bike (at 1200 cc, no less) in the super bike class. Oh yea, the AMA is sooooo pro Suzuki it's frightening!

Yea they'd find that piece in the parking lot after I left.
Well first of all I was joking...sorry if you didn't catch the sarcasm and I guess I should have said AMA Superbike instead of just AMA.

Speaking of AMA Superbike...humm...must be rigged...Suzuki has won how many in a row ? *sarcasm*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Nice looking bike but that exhaust is frightening.
Yes it is.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:43 AM   #33
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by tached1000rr View Post
Here's my beef, Jay Leno can afford to buy his bike, Suzuki should review their records for that loyal repeat buying "average guy" and give him a damn bike.

Life is not fair, I accepted that a long time ago, but Michael Jordan walks into a restaurant and his meal is on the house, same for a movie, and some ballgame. When do stars/icons actually have to spend their own money?
agreed life is not fair, they get their freebies because having them use your product or business sells to thousands of star struck wannabes.
it is some of the cheapest and most effective advertising a business can get. how many thousands of posers will now be going out to buy a new gsxr1000? they don't need to give you a bike you'll pay for one willingly.

I think it's cool that he's into cars/bikes. Like it or not it's nice to have a "star" on our side when they all stand up and start preaching the greener life style with no motors and what not.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:45 AM   #34
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post
Marko is just salty... PERIOD

Well this is probably true.

Leno is pretty cool.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:33 AM   #35
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
I wonder what the most miles he's driven/riden on one of his vehicles and bikes.
Im guessing quite a bit. I once heard him talk about how he drives/rides everything he owns. I have a lot of respect for him for that. I realize some of them dont get used a ton, but at least he REALLY enjoys his vehicles. Nothing i hate more than collectors who have museums in their garages.

I think he's a pretty cool guy. I'd go for a ride with him.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:09 PM   #36
Rsv1000R
WERA White Plate

Regarding AMA superbike, The rules use to be 750I4's vs 1000V2's, as you can make more power with 4 cylinders rather than 2. I think the best thing DMG/AMA did was make plans to adopt FIM superbike rules. Now I think they switched the rules in a rather poor fashion, But the new rules should get much better manufacturer support because they only have to worry about constructing one version of their race bike, not two.
Rsv1000R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:18 PM   #37
Fleck750
Spiker bike

Moto: KZ750

I'm hoping Leno will turn his garage into a museum one day.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:24 PM   #38
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsv1000R View Post
Regarding AMA superbike, The rules use to be 750I4's vs 1000V2's, as you can make more power with 4 cylinders rather than 2. I think the best thing DMG/AMA did was make plans to adopt FIM superbike rules. Now I think they switched the rules in a rather poor fashion, But the new rules should get much better manufacturer support because they only have to worry about constructing one version of their race bike, not two.

See but here's my problem with that. If your engine configuration sucks then don't expect the sanctioning body to change the rules to accommodate you. Maybe Buell, Ducati, Aprillia, etc should take a page out of BMW's playbook. All I ever hear from V-twin lovers is how much "better" that engine configuration is (V-Twin FTMFGDW,right Cutty,Marko) , well prove it straight up. I mean how proud can Buell owners be that the only way they could compete was if the rules were tailored to benefit them? The most embarrassing thing right now is that they STILL aren't totally running away with the races. You mentioned the "good ol' days" when it was 750 I4 vs 1000 V2, well you should be loving 600 I4 vs 1125 V2!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:04 PM   #39
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
See but here's my problem with that. If your engine configuration sucks then don't expect the sanctioning body to change the rules to accommodate you. Maybe Buell, Ducati, Aprillia, etc should take a page out of BMW's playbook. All I ever hear from V-twin lovers is how much "better" that engine configuration is (V-Twin FTMFGDW,right Cutty,Marko) , well prove it straight up. I mean how proud can Buell owners be that the only way they could compete was if the rules were tailored to benefit them? The most embarrassing thing right now is that they STILL aren't totally running away with the races. You mentioned the "good ol' days" when it was 750 I4 vs 1000 V2, well you should be loving 600 I4 vs 1125 V2!
Grabbing the popcorn and pulling up a chair.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:10 PM   #40
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleck750 View Post
I'm hoping Leno will turn his garage into a museum one day.
A second Barber...

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote