Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-19-2009, 08:03 PM   #31
ericr
I'm so much cooler online

Moto: 06 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Forget taking ANY weight loss supplement. Stick to doing cardio and stop feeding your face. Diet and exercise will cure ANY weight problems. You ever see pics of fat prisoners from Auschwitz?
That's the honest truth right there

Reduce your calorie intake to below what you burn each day and you lose weight, plain and simple. Exercise and eat less.

Eric: ibu what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
but I'm perfectly placed when I'm on my knees . . . .
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:37 PM   #32
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Back when I was in highschool I went to a gym that was the steroids capital of the southeast. Anyways it was a haven for bodybuilders and such. Someone squatting 700lbs didn't draw any attention, cause it was just a normal routine for most.

Anyways I remember when it first hit th scene. The gym people loved it but figured out what it consisted of quickly. Instead of buying the Hydroxycut they'd take (can't recall fully) Ephedrine, Aspirin, and Caffiene. The Ephedrine curved your appetite so you ate less, Caffiene kept you geeked up so you burnt more energy, and I forgot what the Aspirin did. But they'd take those three pills instead of the hydro. With many states banning Ephedrine I'm not sure what they use now. Nothing in it makes you loose weight faster as in taking fat off of your body. You just burn more from doing more.

But any generic brand will work as well.

Best thing to do is pick up a physical hobby that you enjoy. When I would mountain bike for about an hour or two every other day, it was about impossible for me to put on weight. I went from a 36 to a 34 in no time. I didn't alter my diet at all. I still ate fatty burgers or chicken wings at Taco Mac every thursday. I ate out Friday and Saturday night with waffle house in the morning on Sunday (To cure the hangover from all the beer I drank). And ate fast food everyday since I was always on the road.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:40 PM   #33
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

If i'd just cut the crap out of my diet I'd lose alot of weight. I live a really active lifestyle with hockey, and then golf/tennis on the side. I just like to eat....

I worked with some guys that did the whole hype up on ephedrine and caffine before working out and training for ufc. Crazy shit. They go to basically a "dealer" that sells discontinued ephedrine pills. Or if you know where to look, online. I remember them taking the oldschool Stacker yellowjackets at work and they would go nuts.....
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 11:48 PM   #34
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
If i'd just cut the crap out of my diet I'd lose alot of weight. I live a really active lifestyle with hockey, and then golf/tennis on the side. I just like to eat....

I worked with some guys that did the whole hype up on ephedrine and caffine before working out and training for ufc. Crazy shit. They go to basically a "dealer" that sells discontinued ephedrine pills. Or if you know where to look, online. I remember them taking the oldschool Stacker yellowjackets at work and they would go nuts.....
They banned ephedrine in Georiga. But I got a bottle a couple years ago in shitville. Infact cleaning out my room I found it the other day and it's sitting next to me. Cheap as hell there.

When I busted my spleen I went in weighing 230lbs and 6days later weighed 180lbs. 6days of ivy feed and morphine is where it's at.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:23 AM   #35
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
They banned ephedrine in Georiga. But I got a bottle a couple years ago in shitville. Infact cleaning out my room I found it the other day and it's sitting next to me. Cheap as hell there.

When I busted my spleen I went in weighing 230lbs and 6days later weighed 180lbs. 6days of ivy feed and morphine is where it's at.

hmm could be on to something there, I dont need my spleen and am sure it weighs a pound or 2.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 08:51 AM   #36
Katana-750_lady
Umm... hi

Moto: Used to be F4i

I tried Hydroxycut once ... made my heart race and gave me the jitters ... BAD BAD BAD
Old 01-20-2009, 01:13 PM   #37
NeonspeedRT
At Large

Moto: 2005 R1

Since they can't use ephedrine in Hydroxycut anymore, they use caffine. So basically caffine pills is all Hydroxycut is nowdays. They actually make a caffine free version as well, but i'm not sure how that works.

I used it for a few months. It didn't help me loose any weight, but it did give me a good amount of energy through the day. The big thing is you have to drink alot of water with it. I researched it before I took it and I found tons of posts and reviews of people complaining about intense headaches from not drinking enough water with it.

From my experience, it's not really worth it. But if you need an energy boost to start working out and exercising, it may help you out there.

"Riding a motorcycle is like playing chess. Anyone can learn the moves, but it takes a lifetime to master the game."
NeonspeedRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:48 PM   #38
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericr View Post
That's the honest truth right there

Reduce your calorie intake to below what you burn each day and you lose weight, plain and simple. Exercise and eat less.
Just make sure you don't drop below a certain point (I think it's 1200 for women and 1800 for men). If you simply cut calories drastically, you're body will go into "starvation" mode and then when you do start eating again, your body will store as much fat as possible. Exactly the opposite of what you want. Weight training helps because muscle will help burn calories.

So, you want a combination of a good diet (proper percentages of protein, carbs, and good fat), weight training, and cardio training. Eat healthy foods. Get on a nutrition plan, not a diet. And forget the BS shortcuts like hydroxycut.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 03:27 PM   #39
jtemple
Geek

Moto: 2011 Husqvarna TE630

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
Just make sure you don't drop below a certain point (I think it's 1200 for women and 1800 for men). If you simply cut calories drastically, you're body will go into "starvation" mode and then when you do start eating again, your body will store as much fat as possible. Exactly the opposite of what you want. Weight training helps because muscle will help burn calories.

So, you want a combination of a good diet (proper percentages of protein, carbs, and good fat), weight training, and cardio training. Eat healthy foods. Get on a nutrition plan, not a diet. And forget the BS shortcuts like hydroxycut.
This actually happened to me. It has taken me several months to recover. You have to increase your intake very slowly over time to avoid shocking your system into more weight gain. There's no magic calorie number for men & women, though. Everyone is different. You have to find your own sweet spot.
jtemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 03:38 PM   #40
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtemple View Post
This actually happened to me. It has taken me several months to recover. You have to increase your intake very slowly over time to avoid shocking your system into more weight gain. There's no magic calorie number for men & women, though. Everyone is different. You have to find your own sweet spot.
I agree with that. I was just stating not to drop below a certain number. I think I stated the correct minimums for daily maintenance, but could be off by a bit. Plus, everyone's body composition is completely different. Some can eat complete crap, but as long as they work out, they'll be fine. Others can just barely look at an Oreo and gain 5 pounds (I exaggerate, but you get the point).
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote