xx CURVE xx
SMELL MY LEVER

Moto: Tards

xx CURVE xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:36 AM   #33
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

He swims. Who gives a flying fuck? If he didn't get busted for this, he'd already be on his way to obscure Jeopardy trivia status and "What Happened Too..." news fluff. In a year or two nobody will give a shit if he won 12 gold medals by using his dick as a pogo stick, let alone swimming.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:42 AM   #34
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
He swims. Who gives a flying fuck? If he didn't get busted for this, he'd already be on his way to obscure Jeopardy trivia status and "What Happened Too..." news fluff. In a year or two nobody will give a shit if he won 12 gold medals by using his dick as a pogo stick, let alone swimming.
I disagree. It would be hard to forget him with all his endorsements. The guy fucked up.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:53 AM   #35
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
I disagree. It would be hard to forget him with all his endorsements. The guy fucked up.

James
Not at all. It'll be easy to forget because he's got nothing to offer. Like every Olympic thing, there's someone that the public latches on to. They get their Wheaties, their who gives a fucks, their bottles of nobody cares, and for about a year after they get their little talk show rounds. Then we (Americans at least, not sure about Canadians) get tired of seeing them paraded around and stop giving a shit. They fade back into obscurity and balance is restored. The only difference is if they're hot or fucked up. If they can't be sexually exploited or made into a movie of the week drama, then enjoy your 15 minutes and fuck off until next time. And even then the public moves on. This time it's Michael Phelps. Next Olympic games it'll be some underaged female gymnist. The Women's soccer team from a few years ago was supposed to ignite a massive soccer movement. Now people remember one of them took of their shirt and was in a sports bra. Keri Strugg fucked up her foot and got a medal. Until I mentioned her name, when was the last time anyone gave half a shit about her or even remembered she existed? The shelf life for Olympic fame can be measured in microseconds.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:55 AM   #36
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

I wouldn't have a problem with it if it wasn't for the fact that not 4 months ago he was preach'n how he wanted to be a roll model. how he considered himself a great one.

now your view of pot aside... it's not socially acceptable for the vast majority of the US... especially to the age of kids who are looking at Michael as a roll model.
for that... he's an Idiot.

he's lost his Kellog endorcement... a few others I think too... I think it should die now...

dude made a mistake by acting his age. not saying everyone his age does pot.. but he made the same choice as alot of people at his age... he shouldn't be chastized for that.

unfortunatly ESPN has turned into a sports version of CNN and Fox News mixed into one... they run things into the ground... dig up dirt on stories no one really cares about... just to keep them in the spotlight.

they need to go back to news only 3 or 4 times a day... and sports 2 times.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:21 AM   #37
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Not at all. It'll be easy to forget because he's got nothing to offer. Like every Olympic thing, there's someone that the public latches on to. They get their Wheaties, their who gives a fucks, their bottles of nobody cares, and for about a year after they get their little talk show rounds. Then we (Americans at least, not sure about Canadians) get tired of seeing them paraded around and stop giving a shit. They fade back into obscurity and balance is restored. The only difference is if they're hot or fucked up. If they can't be sexually exploited or made into a movie of the week drama, then enjoy your 15 minutes and fuck off until next time. And even then the public moves on. This time it's Michael Phelps. Next Olympic games it'll be some underaged female gymnist. The Women's soccer team from a few years ago was supposed to ignite a massive soccer movement. Now people remember one of them took of their shirt and was in a sports bra. Keri Strugg fucked up her foot and got a medal. Until I mentioned her name, when was the last time anyone gave half a shit about her or even remembered she existed? The shelf life for Olympic fame can be measured in microseconds.

I remember a lot of them. And he will be talked about every time the Olympics come around. Even the winter Olympics. Not everyone will remember her name but a lot of people have not forgot what Brandi Chastain did. You see it on tv and movies. People will haul off their shirt after a goal.

Keri Strug? I remember her as well as Carl Lewis, Ben Johnson, The Dream Team, Hockey. In boxing a fighters Olympic medal is talked about for a long long time.

Mark Tewksbury is a Canadian Olympic swimmer from 1992 and he is still getting jobs from it.

He screwed up. Plain and simple.

James
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Old 02-09-2009, 09:25 AM   #38
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
dude made a mistake by acting his age. not saying everyone his age does pot.. but he made the same choice as alot of people at his age... he shouldn't be chastized for that.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:28 AM   #39
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
I wouldn't have a problem with it if it wasn't for the fact that not 4 months ago he was preach'n how he wanted to be a roll model. how he considered himself a great one.

now your view of pot aside... it's not socially acceptable for the vast majority of the US... especially to the age of kids who are looking at Michael as a roll model.
for that... he's an Idiot.

he's lost his Kellog endorcement... a few others I think too... I think it should die now...

unfortunatly ESPN has turned into a sports version of CNN and Fox News mixed into one... they run things into the ground... dig up dirt on stories no one really cares about... just to keep them in the spotlight.

they need to go back to news only 3 or 4 times a day... and sports 2 times.
In a lot of sports the money is made from you name and what you do with it. Not playing the sport. They sport gets your name out there. Those endorsment would have let him comepete in swimming till he was ready to leave while living very well. He fucked that up. Unless he doesn't care about making a living in that way.

When a company writes that big check they are buying a image. He had a great one to sell until he made that stupid mistake.

James
Old 02-09-2009, 09:30 AM   #40
AquaPython
put it THIS way

updated over the weekend, he got his two big time money endorsements cut for the weed photos. i think one was kellog's.