Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-28-2009, 11:28 AM   #31
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorok View Post
I hate to disagree with you dude, but I've got to. Sure, the producer is working and getting paid, but the only reason anybody gives a fuck about them is because they have a shit-ton of kids the really can't afford. Well, so did my parents but there weren't eight of us, my dad isn't a dumb-ass. So they have a shit-ton of kids. Let me see how they do next season when the network takes back all the shit they gave that family and they're forced to survive on dad's job. And as for the show with the Asian dad and blonde mom where they have eight kids, that family had a multiple delivery from fertility treatments, then took more fertility drugs and had another multiple birth. So they brought the shit on themselves.
Wow, being an attention whore is a job? They're making a huge fucking sacrifice to be on a television show my wife makes me miss what I want to watch for? Not only did that network give them free shit, but as soon as people started watching the show they started getting more free shit. It's not a sacrifice it's capitalism, unfortunately the business is prostitution, and the eight kids are the whores.

And hell yes they should contribute! I expect everybody to contribute in some way! Hell, figure out a way to make all those kids mow lawns or something. They had the kids, nobody forced them to have the kids, hell they spent a fortune trying to have the kids, and now that they got more than they bargained for they're suddenly special and don't have to pull their weight in society?! Fuck that! The military didn't tell me I could start coming to work late when I had Poot, and these people should be on their own.
There are a lot of people who need help, and there are a lot of people who are much more worthy of help than these folks. These folks wanted something, got too much of it, and expect people to help them because of it. Hey, you paid your money and you takes your chances.Flexin. You're huge, I'm scared of you.
Then don't disagree with me. Your wrong about the network feeling sorry. They are running a business. If they didn't think they could they would sit down at a meeting and say "Hey did you hear about the family with 8 kids? Damn I don't know how they are going to be able to afford it. Sad...Sad. Ok so who has the next big idea. Lets hear them." And it would be on with their day. They are only doing it because they can make money from it. I'm sure BMW and Benz made a few sales from the people behind the show. Its a business.

People get paid to act in movies. Some are not even good at it and still make money. Some people put together some bullshit like Blairwitch and make a shit load off of it.

They got press because they had 8 kids and it doesn't happen everyday. That gave them the free press. From that offers come in from people that want to help. Others from people that want to make money off them. They were offered a deal and took it. And having a camera crew follow you around would be a pain in the ass. Getting paid for it can make it easier.

Do you know for a fact that they didn't do contribute anything? I don't. They might. Some people do and don't tell anyone. Some do and want everyone to know to make themselves look good. Others do and want people to know so that more will decide to help.

We were given things from other people that have kids. We took them. We didn't ask for it. And in the end we turned around and did the same for someone else. For example when received a lot of clothes from people we know because their kids out grew them. The stuff we like we kept for the kids. When we were done we gave them away. Lisa just send a large bag of clothes for her cousins new baby. His girlfriend passed away giving birth.

I don't see business as prostitution. I see prostitution as business (but not one I am in). And I do not see those kids as whores. But I do hope they are putting some money way for the kids because they are "working" as well. If the family is getting $65000 a show then really the kids are making $6500 a show. I hope some of that is put away for them. Not just for school but for car, house down payment or what ever they want.

It doesn't matter if you think they are working or not. Its not a handout. the didn't say here is $65000 for doing nothing. Then ask to follow them around for a few days. They are bing PAID to be followed around. If they say no then they get no money. So that is a pay not a handout.

James
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:28 PM   #32
Angee
Dutch's PITA

Moto: I ride Dutch...and an 09 Kawi 250

It's not from a news site so it could be BS, but I've heard of it. These people have not publicized themselves.

"The Chukwu/Uwobi family moved into a new 5,200 square-foot home in League City, Texas in September, 1999 that was donated to them by the Fannie Mae Mortgage Company. The home has six bedrooms and is located on a cul-de-sac in a quiet neighborhood about 15 minutes from the hospital where the octuplets were born. "

http://www.twinstuff.com/houoctup.htm
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyk View Post
Those things are awesome. We gave out the clap and syphilis last christmas.
Angee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 01:04 PM   #33
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

They are marketable.

"Jon and Kate + 8" they had the children, had jobs and lived within their means. They were approached by the network to do a few shows.... it became popular.

I don't understand how that is a handout. Is it because you just see someone making it in an unconventional way - and want that too?? You see it as something for nothing, right?

I still think you shouldn't have more kids than you have hands...

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 01:07 PM   #34
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post

I knew you were a smart girl.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 01:13 PM   #35
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
What about snakes they dont have hands

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 01:16 PM   #36
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
What about snakes they dont have hands

Tom
That means those bastards should not reproduce.

James
Old 01-28-2009, 01:19 PM   #37
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post

James
Tracy would probably agree with you. Pussies...

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 01:20 PM   #38
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post

James
But snakes are people too

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 01:26 PM   #39
MissHell
Followed the crowd over.

Moto: '07 Yahama R6

It might be hypocritical of me, but I like watching Jon and Kate + 8. She was pregnant twice with her kids.
However I just don't understand that family with 18 kids. She's been pregnant 16 times!

* I don't know if either woman miscarried, so they could have been pregnant more than stated.
MissHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 01:27 PM   #40
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
But snakes are people too

Tom
When I was a kid I was on a back of dirt bike. A snake crossed the trail and that stayed in my mind. I stayed in the basement of my grandmothers best friend that night and I woke up in the middle of the night to thousands of snakes crawling across the floor towards me. Freaked me the fuck out. Then I really woke up and found out it was a bad dream. Fucked me up. I'm not a fan of snakes. I checking them out at the pet store and zoo but other then that I don't want to see them.

James