Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 10-06-2010, 10:14 AM   #31
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

I have one person on ignore.

Like others have said it can be annoying to see the posts with no content, or not know what people are talking about in threads.

I *try* and self ignore but it doesn't always work.

It's hard, because people read way to much into what you post sometimes, or you read way too much into what they post.

Going forward, I'm just not going to comment on what some say, or post anywhere near them. Not specific people, but should someone annoy me.

Last edited by CrazyKell; 10-06-2010 at 12:16 PM.. Reason: I changed my ignore list and had to put OneSickAhole on the list. LOL!
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:25 AM   #32
ontwo
Designated Drinker

Moto: 2009 ZX6R

^^^^See? It works

j/k Kell
Old 10-06-2010, 11:15 AM   #33
goof2
AMA Supersport

I don't have anyone on ignore and probably never will. I enjoy arguing and I'm pretty good about staying aware that it is just the internet. I don't even agree with some of the arguments I make, I'm just bored and feel like taking the contrary side. If someone disagrees with me or refuses to see my logic? Oh well, its the internet. If they are abrasive and rude? Oh well, its the internet. I can't see a person being such an internet asshole that I'm incapable of handling it.

That being said, people are different. I have a high tolerance for annoyances and revel in aggravation. If you don't then the ignore feature is an effective way to deal with it.

Of course I don't know if you can read this because I may be on ignore.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:53 AM   #34
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Sometimes it's just the internet and for the majority of "debates" or "opinion" type things I can handle it.

Other times people are downright rude and hurtful. And I feel sorry for people like that (although to be honest we've all been there a time or two) because I can only imagine how rude they are in real life. Or maybe they're not like that at all but just like that behind a keyboard. Who knows.

(But to cover my ass...if you think this post is about you (the royal you)....it's not. And if you want this post to be about you....it's not).
Old 10-06-2010, 12:01 PM   #35
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
Sometimes it's just the internet and for the majority of "debates" or "opinion" type things I can handle it.

Other times people are downright rude and hurtful. And I feel sorry for people like that (although to be honest we've all been there a time or two) because I can only imagine how rude they are in real life. Or maybe they're not like that at all but just like that behind a keyboard. Who knows.

(But to cover my ass...if you think this post is about you (the royal you)....it's not. And if you want this post to be about you....it's not).
Jesus Kell... why is it always a cry-fest with you? Whine, whine, whine...

OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:02 PM   #36
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Jesus Kell... why is it always a cry-fest with you? Whine, whine, whine...

Whoa. Was't crying at all. Just pointing out how it can be different than "just the internet".

Why do I even bother.

Here's a tip....TRY THE SELF IGNORE FEATURE AND DON'T READ MY POSTS. Works for me

Last edited by CrazyKell; 10-06-2010 at 12:04 PM..
Old 10-06-2010, 12:04 PM   #37
lauralynne
667:Neighbor of the Beast

Moto: VTR1000, SV650, FZR400, CRF150

why isn't anyone answering this?

Married my best friend 8/30/09
lauralynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:14 PM   #38
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by VatorMan View Post
Nope. Putting someone on ignore is a sign of weakness. Really lame if you ask me.
Truth.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:09 PM   #39
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
Whoa. Was't crying at all. Just pointing out how it can be different than "just the internet".

Why do I even bother.

Here's a tip....TRY THE SELF IGNORE FEATURE AND DON'T READ MY POSTS. Works for me
Jesus, even with the smilies I'm misinterpreted.

OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:13 PM   #40
6doublefive321
Resident Droog

Moto: 625 SMC, '08 Tuono R

I have had this forum on ignore for a few months now. Reasons why:

1. Threads like this. Sorry, Lon. I'm not trying to be mean, but WTF? Somebody criticized you because you ignored Jesus, and you give a shit?
2. New threads with nothing but an internet link and commentary like "Interesting", or "Herka Derka", or "Wow". I have Google on my computer. I don't need a search butler. If soemthing is interesting enough to post, at least give us the Reader's Digest version of it.
3. Certain people posting on EVERY thread whether or not they have constructive input. Hey, I don't know shit about nuclear fission, but the OP is dead wrong!

In general, I'm sick of internet forums altogether. This one isn't any different from any of the thousands of others out there. I know it is impossible, but I try to treat people on the internet as I would in person.

If I go to a bar, and there is a loudmouth who interjects himself into everyone else's conversations, I avoid or ignore that person. If at the same bar, someone's only contribution to the conversation is "Hey, did you see this link on Youtube, etc", I avoid that person. If at the same bar, there is a bully wandering around picking fights, I certainly avoid that person. If there are more of these people than "normal" folks, I find another bar, or simply go home. I think most people here would go by the same guidelines in real life, but throw everything out the window when it comes to an internet forum.

Long story short, if you don't want to see someone's posts, put them on ignore. If someone else has a problem with what you do, put them on ignore too.