all my cars fit in the garage 17 42.50%
1 of my cars fit in the garage 7 17.50%
WTF is a garage 6 15.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-27-2009, 10:04 AM   #31
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Didn't vote since none of the choices apply to me.

We have an oversized two car garage...wish it was a three or more car though.

My Vette and the SRT-4 plus the two bikes are in the garage with some room to spare.

The Jeep Cherokee sits out on the concrete pad.

Our garage is in the rear of the house and is part of the walkout basement.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:09 AM   #32
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
I've never lived in a fancy neighborhood with gates....However, I started in Gov housing and moved UP to trailer parks.

Grew up with just a mother who worked for the county without 2 penny's to rub together.

We lived in a very poor trailer park, but amazingly, while poor, my mother had CLASS. She may have been living in a trailer park…she was NEVER trailer park material.

When you entered our trailer, it was if you walked into a house somewhere in middle suburbia. She had nice decorations and kept it spotless. With the drapes pulled you didn't know that you were in a trailer. She also raised me to NOT be like the trailer trash that surrounded us, often stopping at the dumpster where OTHERS had just chucked their trash out and missed the doors and staying there for an hour cleaning it up. All because she didn't like the image that all that trash gave us.

With her class and determination, my mother instilled in me a sense of pride and accomplishment that inspired me to do more than what most thought was possible from some kid from a trailer park. And despite the years of ridicule and teasing….I made my way thru college on my own blood sweat and tears…sometimes working 3 jobs while taking 18 hours of classes.

SO while you may THINK what you will and pass judgment without knowing what your talking about, assuming I've only walked around with a silver spoon up my ass my entire life…I’ve fucking BEEN there!
So you should know what I am talking about and not be calling someone ghetto for having a car in the driveway or shaming them for not wanting HOA assholes trying to run their life while not in an HOA area.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:11 AM   #33
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
So you should know what I am talking about and not be calling someone ghetto for having a car in the driveway or shaming them for not wanting HOA assholes trying to run their life while not in an HOA area.
I never said anything ABOUT ghetto. You're apparently confusing me with someone else.

Yes, I've lived everywhere along the bottom of the spectrum and caught a glimpse of how the upper part lives...I'm happy somewhere in the middle. I chose to live where I feel comfortable. In a place that I feel more at home. I'm glad you're happy where YOU are. Just remember, the same applies to YOU in not pushing what YOU feel comfortable in on others. Hypocrisy can go both ways.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:13 AM   #34
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

trip, wiat till someone starts a pig farm next door to your slice of heaven.......lol
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:22 AM   #35
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
I never said anything ABOUT ghetto. You're apparently confusing me with someone else.

Yes, I've lived everywhere along the bottom of the spectrum and caught a glimpse of how the upper part lives...I'm happy somewhere in the middle. I chose to live where I feel comfortable. In a place that I feel more at home. I'm glad you're happy where YOU are. Just remember, the same applies to YOU in not pushing what YOU feel comfortable in on others. Hypocrisy can go both ways.
I didn't say you did, I said you should know not to look down on others because you came from it and made yourself what you are from it.

I don't care if upper class want to live in HOAs and keep their neighborhoods as restricted to whatever type of people they want. I don't really care if they want to make them racist or homophobic neighborhoods where only certain races or sexual orientations can live in that neighborhood. Be as restrictive as you want. I just won't move into that area, if they are barring my kind of people. I am fine with that. Just don't try to encroach on me and how I want to live.
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 04-27-2009, 10:23 AM   #36
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
trip, wiat till someone starts a pig farm next door to your slice of heaven.......lol
Thats fine with me, its a free food source for a large python

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:23 AM   #37
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
There is one a couple of miles from my house. Get a big whiff of it every day.
Quote:
Old 04-27-2009, 10:24 AM   #38
CasterTroy

Quote:
I don't fault him for the way he feels.....he's EXACTLY like my best friend who is JUST as passionate about not conforming to an HOA. As a matter of fact the WHOLE time he was helping me move he was ranting about how he would walk up to any member of the HOA and piss on their front yard in protest to such stupid rules He kept telling me he would never live in a neighborhood with so many "rules"

Thats why he chose to buy a house out in the county away from everyone.

He pee's off his back porch while shooting crows in his boxers just what he prefers....and frankly, as much as I love the bastard I wouldn't want him living next to me....it's be like Clark Griswold living next to Cousin Eddie
Old 04-27-2009, 10:26 AM   #39
MILK
The cows want you dead.

My last neighborhood had strict HOA's rules and everyone was always in everyone else's business. Had a pool, tennis courts, etc etc and the people there acted like complete jerks to each other. I couldn't get out of there fast enough.

Now I live in a neighborhood with no more than 15 houses and no lot smaller than an acre. We have loose 'rules' and no HOA association. Everyone keeps their yards nice and we've had very few issues.

In BOTH neighborhood's the owners of the biggest houses were the most 'ghetto' or 'white trash' of the entire neighborhood. Money doesn't buy class.

Why do houses have driveways? For their cars of course!

Last edited by MILK; 04-27-2009 at 10:29 AM..
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:29 AM   #40
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Hmmm.... Right now there is a Belarus 425 tractor, a snowmobile, a harley, a car, multiple tool chests, a snowblower, lawn tractor, an old amphibious military jeep, pressure washer, welding machines.... That leaves no room for a truck and 2 cars.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote