Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 08-13-2009, 02:02 PM   #21
Bluestreak
What?

Moto: Dirt

For me, if I'm going to be drinking, I'm not carrying. The risk is too great.

I've never been pulled over while carrying, but if I were, I'd do what Z06boy did. I'll notify the officer even if I haven't touched a drink. It's just curtosy.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:07 PM   #22
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco View Post
i'm trying to figure out what the laws are concerning being drunk and in possession of a firearm. i know it's a retarded idea but me and my roommate are having an argument about it. if anyone can help i'd appreciate it
Were either of you drinking or carrying a firearm during said argument? If so, I will watch for future threads involving roomates getting shot.
defector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:12 PM   #23
Rider
Moto GP Star

I don't have my CCW but from what you guys are saying is I could never carry concealed anyway because the only time I don't have a beer in me is when I'm at work, sleeping, or hunting/target practice.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:14 PM   #24
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
I don't have my CCW but from what you guys are saying is I could never carry concealed anyway because the only time I don't have a beer in me is when I'm at work, sleeping, or hunting/target practice.
I guess somethings just aren't meant to be.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:36 PM   #25
jtemple
Geek

Moto: 2011 Husqvarna TE630

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Everyone has their priorities. Yours are just different than mine.
jtemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:39 PM   #26
jtemple
Geek

Moto: 2011 Husqvarna TE630

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
...However if I have been drinking at all and am pulled over or riding in a car that has been pulled over I take the handgun out before the officer comes up to the car and place it on the dash...

...I have had a beer and drove and got pulled over while in possesion of a concealed weapon. Before the officer walked up I just pulled it out...layed it on the dash...

...I had been drinking but not the driver and I again...placed the handgun on the dash...
I would never condone handling a firearm once you have been stopped. When a cop lights you up, that is not the time to be fiddling with a weapon. If he sees you doing that, you're in a world of shit.

Drink or carry, don't do both.
jtemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:41 PM   #27
Dragonpaco
Alleged Puppy Pimper

Moto: Shadow 750 Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by defector View Post
Were either of you drinking or carrying a firearm during said argument? If so, I will watch for future threads involving roomates getting shot.
we were both fairly drunk when the argument was going on but all my guns were safely locked up at the time and his gun was even more safely locked up at the police station. we were pregaming and decided to go to a bar of ill repute and he told me i should take one of my guns with me and i said it was illegal and it went back and forth like that. at no point did i consider touching a loaded firearm while blitzed (did it once with bad results)
Opinions are nothing like assholes, opinions are like vaginas, less then half of everyone has one, everyone else uses one that isn't their own, and there is no better way to fit in or be cast out than to share yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
I don't give a fuck if it's Hitler cake, it's still CAKE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
You can come back here with me after the rally and do it!!!
Dragonpaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:54 PM   #28
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco View Post
we were both fairly drunk when the argument was going on but all my guns were safely locked up at the time and his gun was even more safely locked up at the police station. we were pregaming and decided to go to a bar of ill repute and he told me i should take one of my guns with me and i said it was illegal and it went back and forth like that. at no point did i consider touching a loaded firearm while blitzed (did it once with bad results)
The best part of this story is where you say he told you to take a gun to the bar with you. Now that is funny.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:56 PM   #29
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
In NC you CANNOT conceal carry with ANY alcohol in your system. You can have a firearm on you but it cannot be concealed.

I have a conceal carry permit and do carry quite often. However if I have been drinking at all and am pulled over or riding in a car that has been pulled over I take the handgun out before the officer comes up to the car and place it on the dash...put my hands in plain view and I don't make any sudden movements without telling the officer about the weapon and also the fact that I'm going to reach for whatever...like my ID...or the registration etc.

I'm not saying I get drunk and drive but what I am saying is I have had a beer and drove and got pulled over while in possesion of a concealed weapon. Before the officer walked up I just pulled it out...layed it on the dash...put my hands at the 10 and 2 position...informed the officer of the weapon just in case he hadn't seen it and told him I had a beer and that's why the weapon was not being concealed.

He took my gun...ran the numbers...looked at some of my ammo in the mag...had me blow into the handheld breathalyzer and then told me to have a good day and sent me on my way.

I've also been a passenger in a car that went through a license check...I had been drinking but not the driver and I again...placed the handgun on the dash...informed the officer that it was there just in case he hadn't seen it...told him I had a conceal carry but had drank a couple of beers...made no sudden movements and all was ok.
See I would never do it this way.

I have yet to be pulled over at all in years let alone with my CCW.

But my bud has always just left the gun where ever it is. Roll windows down if tinted. Hands at 10/2 and simply tell the officer right off as soon as he gets there. "Officer I have a CWP and I am or not carring and the gun is here or there (if carring)." But its important to tell them even if you aren't carrying because in Michigan if they run your plate, it automatically pops up the owner has a CWP/CCW. So best to act the same to put officer at ease.

Of corse with me the wife "owns" the cars and I own the bikes. But I still would do the same regardless.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 03:01 PM   #30
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
See I would never do it this way.

I have yet to be pulled over at all in years let alone with my CCW.

But my bud has always just left the gun where ever it is. Roll windows down if tinted. Hands at 10/2 and simply tell the officer right off as soon as he gets there. "Officer I have a CWP and I am or not carring and the gun is here or there (if carring)." But its important to tell them even if you aren't carrying because in Michigan if they run your plate, it automatically pops up the owner has a CWP/CCW. So best to act the same to put officer at ease.

Of corse with me the wife "owns" the cars and I own the bikes. But I still would do the same regardless.
Good practice for sure.

Quote: