Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-01-2009, 01:06 PM   #21
Rider
Moto GP Star

If that's the only way to get your kids to listen then you are doing a good job. I for one don't believe in spanking your kids. Well I should say, my wife doesn't believe in it so I follow her rules. My kids are fairly well behaved. There are time when I want to pound the living shit of of my kids... my son especially but I refrain from doing so. Taking away privileges seem to work most of the time.

Right now my sons punishment for his last fuck up is that he has to write an apology letter to his little sister every day for a month. It kills him to have to do it, but I think he has learned his lesson. Other times we take away the computer/tv/video games and that works too most of the time. It's a pain in the ass sometimes. Spanking some sense into them would be so much more convenient, but like I said I stand my my wife's rules.

I was spanked as a kid and I learned at an early age that bullshit was not tolerated. I grew up keeping out of trouble for the most part and I also had respect for my parents. My wife and I disagree on that subject. What I cal respect, my wife calls fear. Either way it doesn't matter, our kids are pretty good, although my son went through a rough sport a couple years back and spanking probably would have cured his douchebaggery, he made it through ok. It took a lot more patience and stress on our part but things are good now. Oh and the medication he is on is helping with that I'm sure.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 01:15 PM   #22
Bluestreak
What?

Moto: Dirt

My daughter laughs when my wife spanks her. This is not good.

I'll tell her no once, then step two is to get out of the chair and spank her. She's almost 2 and she's already learned that she doesn't want me getting up. She knows how that will end.

I won't spank them in public. If they mis-behave in public, we leave. Then when we get home, they are punished. The wife has left a cart half full of groceries and half a meal already because of my daughter acting up. (she went back later in the day for the groceries)

I don't like it when other kids scream, yell or act up while I'm eating my dinner, so I won't let my kids do that to someone else. Since my daughter is young, she doesn't fully understand yet. When the day comes that she understands what is going on, my tatics may change.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:40 PM   #23
canibeyou
I'm taller on Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Right now my sons punishment for his last fuck up is that he has to write an apology letter to his little sister every day for a month. It kills him to have to do it, but I think he has learned his lesson.

OWNED!!!

The type of parenting I just don't get is what I observe at the grocery store. Kids repeatedly yelling, "Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom...." while holding an item in their hand. This is their way of "asking" "Mom" if they can get that item and Mom just ignores them.

I now grocery shop while wearing my iPod just to ignore people. Call that rude, but it's better than the alternative which would be for me to cunt punt the deaf Mom.

And we NEVER... NEVER EVER... asked my Mom if we could buy something at the grocery store! We ate what she got and were happy with it. I can't imagine what my Mom would've done if we'd had begged her for something.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:45 PM   #24
canibeyou
I'm taller on Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrchick View Post
My mother was one of those that followed through with the threat. Her tactic was to get down on our level, pull us in close and state "If you don't behave right now, I am going to take down your pants and smack your bare bottom in front of everyone!". And she would. It happened to me once in a Kroger when I was about 5. I was beyond embarrassed. She wasn't so much into the hurt factor, as making us look like dumbasses for our actions.

And it works.

I think I got wacked 3 times in my life.

I'm gonna be one of those parents. I will spank if needed.

When my sister was about 5 (and I was 2 so I heard this story as I grew up, as I was too young to remember it) we were all at a restaurant. My sister's kids meal came with dessert and so my Mom ordered her a scoop of chocolate ice cream. When it came to the table, my Mom took a spoonful and ate it. My sister went off!!! She started screaming and carrying on. My Mom simply got up, took my sister by the hand and led her outside.

When my Mom was done with her, my sister NEVER acted like that again. Ever! And it's still talked about to this day.

Maybe my Mom hit her a little too hard and it had an effect on her, as my sister is a frickin' idiot. But that's just my opinion... not a doctor's diagnose.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:46 PM   #25
Fleck750
Spiker bike

Moto: KZ750

Quote:
Originally Posted by canibeyou View Post

And we NEVER... NEVER EVER... asked my Mom if we could buy something at the grocery store! We ate what she got and were happy with it. I can't imagine what my Mom would've done if we'd had begged her for something.
My son learned that if he DIDN'T ask for something he would get it. He begged for a candy bar one day, I bought it, then gave him a 1/4 of it.
Fleck750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 07:08 PM   #26
HRCNICK11
Canyon Carver

My mother used to watch several kids during the day when I was young never falled when one kid was in the corner the rest had cookies or candy or a popsicle. Man just beat me don't take away the cookies!
HRCNICK11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:15 PM   #27
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post

I think I just remember the beatings better than the misbehaving!
I remember the options. Belt, Hand, or Switch. And sometimes I just had the option of switch and I had to pick the fucker out.

My parents also gave my neighbors and friend's parents permission to spank me if needed. That was bad too because I'd get an ass whooping and then a bigger one at home for embaressing my parents. Then add in the aspect of having to pick out my switch it was major major major psychological damage. Especially when my friend's parents made me pick a switch. Bad bad stuff right htere.

Oh. Paddling in schools should be allowed too.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:48 PM   #28
zed
yellow don't corner well

Moto: 06 ZX10R

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather View Post
So not my point.

As a NON parent, I do not automatically assume that someone is a bad parent because their kids are unruly. I find it ridiculously annoying just like everyone else, but I do not take it upon my self to judge people when I have no idea where they are coming from.

If you are a parent, by all means, judge away. But to those of us without kids, we have no grounds to call them bad parents when we don't know if we were in the same situation whether or not we'd be the perfect parent with the perfect children that get complimented at the restaurant.
the parents of those children that are uncontrollable (or just not controlled) are NON parents. bet if you paid attention you would hear them say (if they say anything) something about timeouts or counting to 3. the child is running the place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRCNICK11 View Post
My mother used to watch several kids during the day when I was young never falled when one kid was in the corner the rest had cookies or candy or a popsicle. Man just beat me don't take away the cookies!
about the only thing that worked with my son was a special kind of time out. think spread eagle against a wall, finger tips and the tip of his nose was the only thing allowed to touch the wall. if he really pissed me off it was on tipy toes. you could give him the choice of the position or a spanking he would pick the spanking every time. it was done and over with in a very short time but the position took up way too much time. he was one that never learned either.

Last edited by zed; 06-02-2009 at 12:00 AM..
zed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:52 PM   #29
canibeyou
I'm taller on Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
Oh. Paddling in schools should be allowed too.
I went to a couple schools where paddling was allowed. One school did it with a ping-pong paddle. The other school did it with a cricket paddle... or whatever that stick thing they use in cricket is called.

And I remember my Mom spanking me with the belt and warning me not to put my hands in the way. Man...... that hurt my hands SO bad!
Old 06-02-2009, 01:17 AM   #30
BobTheBiker
too much time on my hands

Moto: 01 ZX6R, looking for more now.

I'm not a parent, but I damn sure believe in having behaved kids if you ARE a parent. IDGAF as long as the punishment is fitting to the offense and is effective. I give special credit to parents with creative and unpleasant punishments that are not enjoyable to repeat. If you cant/wont discipline your child when he/she acts out, you are a bad parent. This isnt the same as punishing them for being kids, because thats just to be expected, but you have to have boundaries and some respect for the rules and consequences too.

I never really was one to act out much as a kid. granted when I got into my teens I was a grade A asshole, but thats another issue. I still recall the ass whuppins delivered by grandparents with hands, paddles, belts, whatever was on hand. it damn sure worked too.
BobTheBiker is offline   Reply With Quote