Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 05-28-2009, 12:34 PM   #21
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post
Still can't believe we didn't make it over that way while we were up there, dammit!!
You are thinking of pancakes, we are talking about fine dining in the middle of nowhere. You did make it there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:11 PM   #22
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
OK?
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:02 PM   #23
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
You are thinking of pancakes, we are talking about fine dining in the middle of nowhere. You did make it there.
Ok, well actually now I mean BOTH.... the pancake place YOU told me about... the other place, a friend of ours who'd just been up there told us about; we wanted to go there for my Bday, but then since cell service was so spotty, we could never get ahold of him while we were there to get the name. (I STILL don't know the name, so don't worry about me accidentally posting it )
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 04:34 PM   #24
njchopper87
Bored

Moto: '01 Spirit 750

I love stumbling on small places I've never seen or heard of and walking out of the place saying to myself how the hell did I ever live without this place? It's rare, but they're out there. I guess that's one of the pros of bike rides across the states. You never know where you'll end up.
njchopper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 04:47 PM   #25
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

I used to go to a great dive in Thailand. They only had one thing on the menu. Duck soup. The business model was very simple. You could have duck soup, or you could fuck off and eat somewhere else.

They hung dead ducks over a big pot, and when the steam from the pot was hot enough, the duck meat would fall in on it's own. When the duck was meatless, they hung up a new duck, and put more water in the pot.

The year or so that I ate there, I don't think that pot ever moved, or was cleaned. It's was just the same pot of soup, with new stuff in it.

I'm still not sure why eating duck that had been hanging in the hot Thai sun all day didn't kill me, but it was damn good soup.

JC
Old 05-28-2009, 05:07 PM   #26
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post
OK?
Quote:
secret location not allowed
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:22 PM   #27
Krabill
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 08 WR250R, 12 XTZ1200

I was on a job site in Greenville Mississippi a year or two ago and on the first night I asked the local Foreman where I could go grab some grub. He said if I like steak I should go check out Doe's. Be careful though, it's in a bad part of town and whatever you do, don't drive further down Nelson street than the restaurant is. Okay. I lived in Detroit for a while, so this sort of thing doesn't bother me.

I brought a co-worker with me and we found it okay. It's an old corner store turned into a restaurant. And I mean old. Run down, chipped paint, doors hanging off the hinges . . . and an armed guard standing out front. He kept an eye on everybody's cars parked along the street as there was no parking lot.

You enter through the run down, sticky kitchen and one of the guys working there handed me a beer out of the cooler on my way by. Once you get inside you see the exposed plumbing, exposed wiring, crooked floor, cheap little tables with red and white checkerboard table cloths on them.

They did have a small menu, but there wasn't much on it . . . and no prices. Hmm . . . oh well, the company is paying for it anyway so I guess it doesn't matter. Besides, how much could a couple steaks cost in a run-down joint like this?

Neither of us was very hungry, so we just got fillets, a potato, and a couple shrimp to go with it. The first thing they bring us is some of the home-made, cast iron skillet cooked toast. Toast, you ask? I'll tell you right now I have never had a piece of bread that compares to what she handed me. I could have eaten a loaf of that for dinner and been completely satisfied. Then came the steak & shrimp. Oh. My. God. Hands down, no exceptions, the best hunk of meat I've ever stuffed in my pie hole. Wow.

Then I got the bill. 2 fillets, 2 small side orders of shrimp, and 2 beers . . . $110.

I don't know if that counts as a dive due to the cost, but I'll tell you the place sure looked like a dive.

http://www.doeseatplace.com/
Krabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:28 PM   #28
Krabill
WERA Yellow Plate

Here's a shot of the outside . . .

Here's an iside shot. We sat in the empty seat right there by the window . . . on the crooked floor and right IN the kitchen.

Old 05-28-2009, 05:33 PM   #29
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

No prices on the menu? Guess they must enjoy having people constantly asking for the prices. Greenville MS isn't exactly Beverly Hills.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:36 PM   #30
Krabill
WERA Yellow Plate

It was 'spensive. I guess if you have to ask how much the t-bone is, you shouldn't be eating there.

Like I said, I just had the tiny little filet mingon and that with my 1 beer was over $50.