Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 05-05-2009, 08:23 AM   #21
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I'm pretty sure I get a Blackberry for my new job.
Nice. The corporate environment tends to shy away from the Storm, sticking with the older models. Depending on their carrier and what security they're trying to keep, it'd probably be an 83xx or an 88xx.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:53 AM   #22
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
I'm not entirely convinced that .141 is a big improvement yet...just got around to doing the upgrade...and it's crashed 4 times in the first 15 minutes...all while hitting the reply to a txt message key.

I pulled the battery to reset the system onboard memory....hopefully that will help some. It's a great device but the excessive crashing is wicked pissing me off.
Do you do a wipe before you install the new OS? .141 has yet to crash for me and I have had it on my phone the day it released.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:20 AM   #23
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Do you do a wipe before you install the new OS? .141 has yet to crash for me and I have had it on my phone the day it released.

I removed .75....and then used the Destop Manager to do a back up, an install of .141 and a restore.

I may switch back to the default theme and see if it keeps hanging up...I'm using the Custom_Dark theme....Maybe that theme has a memory leak or something?
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:24 AM   #24
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
I removed .75....and then used the Destop Manager to do a back up, an install of .141 and a restore.

I may switch back to the default theme and see if it keeps hanging up...I'm using the Custom_Dark theme....Maybe that theme has a memory leak or something?
do you use something like jlcmdr to do a wipe of the old OS before you installed 141?
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 05-05-2009, 12:03 PM   #25
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
do you use something like jlcmdr to do a wipe of the old OS before you installed 141?
Negative...that step wasn't included in the walk through I found at Crackberry.com. I'll go search on jlcmdr at Crackberry and see what I can come up with...it didn't take long....I get get that app and reload the .141 OS again tonight.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:48 PM   #26
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Negative...that step wasn't included in the walk through I found at Crackberry.com. I'll go search on jlcmdr at Crackberry and see what I can come up with...it didn't take long....I get get that app and reload the .141 OS again tonight.
you have to save your 3rd party apps too, because it kills all your memory.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/n0...source-213706/

use this guide, but backup and then save your 3rd party apps by using this walkthrough.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...-4-7-a-125449/

Then use this walkthrough to wipe:
http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/how-...l_cmder-53502/

then follow the upgrade process
Quote:
Old 05-05-2009, 04:40 PM   #27
Corey
AMA Supersport

Also, and I don't know how much this actually helps and how much is just BS (but I do it anyway), let the phone load up, give it a minute, then do a battery pull. Then do it again.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Old 05-05-2009, 04:49 PM   #28
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

It's nuked as we speak....it went into a death spiral of constantly rebooting itself. I'm not sure what the issue is....I'm going to wipe it and start over when I get home from work.

Are you guys using the Custom_Dark theme along with .141? I love this theme but am wondering if it is what is causing all of the instability problems?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f131/cu...tional-165653/
Old 05-05-2009, 05:16 PM   #29
Corey
AMA Supersport

Quote:
It's nuked as we speak....it went into a death spiral of constantly rebooting itself. I'm not sure what the issue is....I'm going to wipe it and start over when I get home from work.

Are you guys using the Custom_Dark theme along with .141? I love this theme but am wondering if it is what is causing all of the instability problems?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f131/cu...tional-165653/
I switched from Custom Dark to Wordy, but not because of instability issues, I just like the clean look. I did find I was having some big time memory leaks with weather bug. It was jamming up my phone and was draining my battery big time. Once I deleted that everything righted itself again. I hear there's a newer version of it that addresses the issue, but I'm not in a rush to try it out yet.

Old 05-05-2009, 05:24 PM   #30
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600

When the fuck is Verizon going to actually update the OS?

I haven't felt like upgrading since I figured BB wouldn't dick me around this long.

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote