1 of my cars fit in the garage 7 17.50%
WTF is a garage 6 15.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-27-2009, 09:24 AM   #21
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Looking good, Troy!

Is that the old kitchen, or custom "garage" cabinets?

Thanks

I was very fortunate! I was working as project manager for a plumbing company that was doing a HUGE independent living facility for a high end retirement home (basically nice ass condo’s for old people) and the cabinet sub had ordered the wrong color for 2 of the units. I had previously had my guys do a little extra work for one of his mistakes…and as “payment” for the favor, he gave me a 2 kitchens and 2 bathrooms (bathroom cabinets are 3” lower…hence the different heights) worth of cabinets (the wrong colored ones)

I split the cabinets with my guys and we all took home what we could carry on the dumptruck.

Then I went to lowes and found the perfect countertop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsv1000R View Post
And Caster it never sits on blocks, unless I'm working on it
Doesn't matter.....you're getting a notice!!!!
Old 04-27-2009, 09:27 AM   #22
Rsv1000R
WERA White Plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
Thanks

Doesn't matter.....you're getting a notice!!!!
Hey your garage is all nice and clean, maybe you can come over and clean mine up? I was going to say out, but that's what my wife keeps asking me to do, and I keep refusing.....
Rsv1000R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:31 AM   #23
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
Same here....and I CHOSE to live in that kind of neighborhood so there WOULDN'T be cars on blocks.

I'm also on the Architectural Review Committee to approve/prevent stuff like that.

I know many people get their panties in a wad when you mention an HOA or an ARC and swear they’d never live in a neighborhood that has such strict “rules”…but being America fortunately for them they don’t HAVE to. As for me…I prefer it.

down to 2 cars and 2 bikes..but have a 3 car garage so I’m good
The bad part is a lot of people with this attitude think they can project the same horseshit on the rest of us. Good for you, you want to live in a strict HOA, don't try to bring your rules in on the rest of the world and don't expect us to treat you like a fucking king or queen when you wander out of your precious gate.

I have lived in everything from a government housing to trailers to neighborhoods with fancy gates. I will take Billy Bob and his car on blocks as a neighbor before I take Suzy soccer mom and her fleet of porsches and asinine rules.

Just think, if we had HOAs everywhere, there would be no tracks or single track dirt fun because that shit would never be allowed next to some soccer mom bitch's neighborhood. No, the HOA people have to come out and put that shit next to Billy Bob who is trying to live in peace out in the country where the land is cheap and the rules are nil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:33 AM   #24
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
A 3 stall house is standardly going to be a big house, its not going to be a decently priced house and definitely not one the average american can afford.

If you think having a car in a driveway is ghetto, I wonder what you think of people who live in trailers. It would be a shame for you to lose your job and have to find out how the other half lives and get off your high fucking horse.
my house has one and its not that big. rancher with three bedrooms two bathrooms and a basement. and no HOA. my neighbors mind their own business and so do i and everything still looks nice. only people we ever get problems from are the folks renting apartments across the street.

anyway to jump back ot the garage usually has three cars and three bikes and the beaters stay outside
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:38 AM   #25
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
my house has one and its not that big. rancher with three bedrooms two bathrooms and a basement. and no HOA. my neighbors mind their own business and so do i and everything still looks nice. only people we ever get problems from are the folks renting apartments across the street.

anyway to jump back ot the garage usually has three cars and three bikes and the beaters stay outside
That doesn't sound like that small of the house, over 2500 sq ft?
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 04-27-2009, 09:38 AM   #26
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

Quote:
The bad part is a lot of people with this attitude think they can project the same horseshit on the rest of us. Good for you, you want to live in a strict HOA, don't try to bring your rules in on the rest of the world and don't expect us to treat you like a fucking king or queen when you wander out of your precious gate.
my guess is if you move into a 'hood w/ strict rules, your of the same mindset or you wouldn't have bought into that area.

like i said, dammed if ya do and dammed if ya don't.

you may think your standard are lowers then others, but there will always be others out there lower, do you want that next to you?
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:41 AM   #27
tommymac
Moto GP Star

I would have loved a 3 car garage, we looked at one house that had one but didn tlike the rest of the house. Ours will have a 2 car garage, I plan to keep one side clear enough to pull a car in if i need to work on it, but otherwise they will be in the driveway or the street. Obviously the bikes will be in the garage when theyre not being ridden.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:43 AM   #28
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

i think parking on the streets is against HOA's, people still do it........sigh!
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:44 AM   #29
CasterTroy

Quote:

I have lived in everything from a government housing to trailers to neighborhoods with fancy gates.

I've never lived in a fancy neighborhood with gates....However, I started in Gov housing and moved UP to trailer parks.

Grew up with just a mother who worked for the county without 2 penny's to rub together.

We lived in a very poor trailer park, but amazingly, while poor, my mother had CLASS. She may have been living in a trailer park…she was NEVER trailer park material.

When you entered our trailer, it was if you walked into a house somewhere in middle suburbia. She had nice decorations and kept it spotless. With the drapes pulled you didn't know that you were in a trailer. She also raised me to NOT be like the trailer trash that surrounded us, often stopping at the dumpster where OTHERS had just chucked their trash out and missed the doors and staying there for an hour cleaning it up. All because she didn't like the image that all that trash gave us.

With her class and determination, my mother instilled in me a sense of pride and accomplishment that inspired me to do more than what most thought was possible from some kid from a trailer park. And despite the years of ridicule and teasing….I made my way thru college on my own blood sweat and tears…sometimes working 3 jobs while taking 18 hours of classes.

So I've lived everywhere along the bottom of the spectrum and caught a glimpse of how the upper part lives...I'm happy somewhere in the middle.

Last edited by CasterTroy; 04-27-2009 at 10:07 AM..
CasterTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:02 AM   #30
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
my guess is if you move into a 'hood w/ strict rules, your of the same mindset or you wouldn't have bought into that area.

like i said, dammed if ya do and dammed if ya don't.

you may think your standard are lowers then others, but there will always be others out there lower, do you want that next to you?
I am not in that strict of a neighborhood or even close to it. Our HOA doesn't do anything, hell I haven't even paid the fees since I moved in. The high end neighborhood I lived in was with my folks, so not my choice. I moved out of the ritzy area and moved into the little country town my wife is from. The choice of location in a neighborhood was hers and because we got a cheap foreclosure. So we are the bums of the neighborhood you fear.

However, I don't have to worry about the same issues as you because of the choice I have made where I live. I live in a country town where I can walk through the scariest part of my little town in the middle of the night with a pocket full of cash unarmed with little worry, probably not the same for you.

If it was solely my choice I would live out in the country, where when you start firing off your guns to fuck off, your neighbors start doing the same and you can have a car on blocks that has weeds growing up around it 10 ft high and build your own fiddy track out back. My wife wouldn't go for that though. If anything ever changes, my ass is moving to the country.

I have lived next to the poorest of the poor in southern Louisiana. I wouldn't mind living next to people like that, they are a lot nicer than a lot of the douchebags in fancy neighborhoods.

I don't live in Knoxville anymore for this reason. However there is a border suburb of Knoxville, Farragut, that is of the same thinking as you with the HOAs and bullshit rules. They have gone so far to start trying to pull that shit as a town by enforcing ghey rules to run the lower class people who were there before out and to bring in more douchebags. Then they come into my little town which is next to them and think they are going to get the same treatment in LC. Only to get met with a fuck off.
Quote: