Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-13-2009, 12:47 PM   #21
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Fail? How so? This whole event was a big dog and pony show for 'how safe' the industry is now. There was absolutely no news value. I've always been fasicinated by TMI...so it was cool for me to see it up close and be on the island.
It fails cause it reminds me about work and I am at home already for the weekend. I press the off button when I leave work.

TMI is an interesting event. I have had training on it and how it relates to my plant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 12:53 PM   #22
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
It fails cause it reminds me about work and I am at home already for the weekend. I press the off button when I leave work.

TMI is an interesting event. I have had training on it and how it relates to my plant.
Oh...sorry then.

TMI is cool...but they didn't show us anything cool. Except the training simulator. But I wanted to see the real thing.

Here's a fun fact...TMI has it's own vegetable garden that they use to test radiation levels.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 01:16 PM   #23
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Oh...sorry then.

TMI is cool...but they didn't show us anything cool. Except the training simulator. But I wanted to see the real thing.

Here's a fun fact...TMI has it's own vegetable garden that they use to test radiation levels.
The real control room would look exactly like the training sim. The nuke industry goes through great detail to make it look the same. Nuke plants are really interesting places and would be awesome to play paintball in. It looks like something out of first person shooter games inside them.

I wonder how hot unit 2 is.
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 03-13-2009, 01:20 PM   #24
Trip
Hold mah beer!

This is where you don't want to go.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg marko.jpg (243.7 KB, 85 views)
Quote:
Old 03-13-2009, 01:22 PM   #25
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
The real control room would look exactly like the training sim. The nuke industry goes through great detail to make it look the same. Nuke plants are really interesting places and would be awesome to play paintball in. It looks like something out of first person shooter games inside them.

I wonder how hot unit 2 is.
Yeah they told us it's identical. They did an alarm deal with us there. I'll see if I can find the link to the vid.

And not knowing much about nuclear power...would unit 2 still be fucked up? And they say it's "permanently" shut down. Can it not be fixed and re used?

Quote:
This is where you don't want to go.
Yeah...they told us thats where the shit is. I wanted to go there.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:24 PM   #26
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Here's a link to the story I did on Wednesday. You can see the control room toward the beginning.

http://cfc.whtm.com/videoondemand.cfm?id=35495

Quote:
Old 03-13-2009, 01:30 PM   #27
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Yeah they told us it's identical. They did an alarm deal with us there. I'll see if I can find the link to the vid.

And not knowing much about nuclear power...would unit 2 still be fucked up? And they say it's "permanently" shut down. Can it not be fixed and re used?

Yeah...they told us thats where the shit is. I wanted to go there.
Unit 2 would still be hot, don't know how clean they got it, they had one hell of an accident. They probably cleaned up some, but it's pretty much a tomb for that reactor.

There isn't much to see in the reactor building. It's really tight quarters and most everything in there is really fuckin hot and you don't want to get near it for a long time unless you want to die of radiation poisoning. I go out of my way to try to stay out of them at my plant. The spent fuel pools are cool though because the water is a creepy bluish color. I have gotten to climb all in a reactor building because only one of our units is active and the other never got finished cause of TMI, so we get to do walkdowns on the nonactive unit to learn about the other unit where you can't spend time in it. They are starting to rebuild it now though.
Quote:
Old 03-13-2009, 01:31 PM   #28
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Unit 2 would still be hot, don't know how clean they got it, they had one hell of an accident. They probably cleaned up some, but it's pretty much a tomb for that reactor.

There isn't much to see in the reactor building. It's really tight quarters and most everything in there is really fuckin hot and you don't want to get near it for a long time unless you want to die of radiation poisoning. I go out of my way to try to stay out of them at my plant. The spent fuel pools are cool though because the water is a creepy bluish color. I have gotten to climb all in a reactor building because only one of our units is active and the other never got finished cause of TMI, so we get to do walkdowns on the nonactive unit to learn about the other unit where you can't spend time in it. They are starting to rebuild it now though.
Interesting. I didnt' know that. Would unit 2 be like super hot at this point? Liker several thousand degrees or what?

Quote:
Old 03-13-2009, 01:37 PM   #29
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Here's a link to the story I did on Wednesday. You can see the control room toward the beginning.

http://cfc.whtm.com/videoondemand.cfm?id=35495
Oh shit they are replacing the steam generators. That's gonna suck, we just did that a few years ago. This is one of the fuckin biggest cranes I have ever seen and will ever see in person.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WattsBarStmGen.jpg (389.1 KB, 1 views)
Quote:
Old 03-13-2009, 01:38 PM   #30
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Interesting. I didnt' know that. Would unit 2 be like super hot at this point? Liker several thousand degrees or what?
not temperature hot, radiation hot. It's a slang term we use to describe how radioactive something is.
Quote: