Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-08-2009, 05:00 PM   #21
Carolina
Says it's time to ride

Moto: 2003 honda CBR 954/ 2011 Road King classic

yup you were lucky go buy a mega million,p owerball etc.. and stay from behind that wheel when drinking .
Old 02-08-2009, 05:15 PM   #22
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
I appreciate the honesty... Every time this subject comes up everyone jumps all over those who drink and drive... I'd be willing to bet most of them have done it many times themselves... Honestly, I don't think I've ever met anyone who drinks socially that hasn't drank and drove...
yeah... we all know it's wrong and completely stupid. but last time I checked we don't always make sound decisions when drunk... Some people take home ugly/fat chicks... some get into fights... I drove... I was fortunate enough to not kill anyone the 20 or 30 times I did it.

I still believe that I can drive fine when I'm drunk... at least at 1-4am when there's little traffic on the road. but even in AK in the winter... never went into a ditch or ran over a curb...

in the end just decided it wasn't worth the risk to drink if I always ended up there.

I've met TRock... I don't think he's an idiot... he may be gay... but not an idiot... just made a dumb choice...

now just needs to not put himself in that situation. or find a friend that he can trust enough to make sure he gets home alright.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 05:23 PM   #23
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

I'm not saying I haven't because I have a couple of times, although not quite as lit as T-Rock was. Usually when I'm fussing at someone about something like this, I'm typically doing it from having the experience. And...I wouldn't fuss about it if I didn't care about their welfare either.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 05:43 PM   #24
Flexin
AMA Supersport

I never drank and drive. I also can tell you everything I drank in my life. When I was around 13, one of my uncles lived with us. He had a brand new F150 and was driving home drunk. He hit a telephone pole 2.5 blocks from home. Totaled the truck. I is alive and didn't kill anyone. He stopped drinking at that point and hasn't drank since.

I learned from that and watching my grandmother who had a drinking problem.

It is never worth it to drink and drive. If someone drives better drunk they shouldn't have a license.

A lot of people I know will meet up at someones house and take a cab from there. Sometimes they even go for a limo. Check with people. Someone that isn't drinking might be willing to drive you.

I told my brother that if he is ever somewhere drunk and needs to get home to call me at ANY time. I will pick him up. I don't care when it is.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 05:49 PM   #25
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
I never drank and drive. I also can tell you everything I drank in my life. When I was around 13, one of my uncles lived with us. He had a brand new F150 and was driving home drunk. He hit a telephone pole 2.5 blocks from home. Totaled the truck. I is alive and didn't kill anyone. He stopped drinking at that point and hasn't drank since.

I learned from that and watching my grandmother who had a drinking problem.

It is never worth it to drink and drive. If someone drives better drunk they shouldn't have a license.

A lot of people I know will meet up at someones house and take a cab from there. Sometimes they even go for a limo. Check with people. Someone that isn't drinking might be willing to drive you.

I told my brother that if he is ever somewhere drunk and needs to get home to call me at ANY time. I will pick him up. I don't care when it is.

James
if your talking about what I said... didn't say i drive better... but I drive well... IMO better than half the idiots on the road. doesn't make it right... just makes it more tempting for me to do it. hence why I stopped it at the root cause.

I tell all my friends... day or night... your drunk give me a call... I'll pick ya up or send ya a cab to my place and pay for it. I have no issues with it...
Old 02-08-2009, 05:53 PM   #26
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
if your talking about what I said... didn't say i drive better... but I drive well... IMO better than half the idiots on the road. doesn't make it right... just makes it more tempting for me to do it. hence why I stopped it at the root cause.

I tell all my friends... day or night... your drunk give me a call... I'll pick ya up or send ya a cab to my place and pay for it. I have no issues with it...
No. Your post made me think about it but I have heard a lot of people claim to drive better drunk.

James
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Old 02-08-2009, 05:58 PM   #27
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

I was lucky all the times I would drink and then drive home. Finally I started calling Mom. Everyone makes fun of me for calling her, but she lives close to me and drilled in my head to call her than to drive.. so I do.

Now I'm the DD for my husband when he drinks too much... which was just Friday night (celebrating 40 years!).

Glad you learned your lesson and that your friends have too.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 06:06 PM   #28
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
No. Your post made me think about it but I have heard a lot of people claim to drive better drunk.

James
ahh... ok... yeah I've heard that before too... complete bs... I am no where near as good a driver as I am sober... but I still think that puts me above a lot of idiots on the road. I drive like a 16y/o who just got their license... signal 2mins prior to moving over... drive the exact speed limit... hands at 10 and 2... triple checking every blind spot before change'n lanes
Old 02-08-2009, 06:08 PM   #29
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
ahh... ok... yeah I've heard that before too... complete bs... I am no where near as good a driver as I am sober... but I still think that puts me above a lot of idiots on the road. I drive like a 16y/o who just got their license... signal 2mins prior to moving over... drive the exact speed limit... hands at 10 and 2... triple checking every blind spot before change'n lanes
You must have a different class of 16 year old driver in your state. LOL. Those little fuckers only drive like that in drivers ed and the driving test.

James
Old 02-08-2009, 06:13 PM   #30
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
You must have a different class of 16 year old driver in your state. LOL. Those little fuckers only drive like that in drivers ed and the driving test.

James
well at least in OR... they're like that till about 16 and 2 or 3 months... then it's the ghetto lean with the seat laid back... looking THROUGH the stearing wheel... Radio so loud you hear it 2 blocks away... cell phone in hand texting or held up by shoulder while drink'n a redbull... racing everywhere just to get there 15 seconds faster.