Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-02-2009, 02:20 AM   #21
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

As one may suspect, I was an ornery kid... I've always been too smart for my own good, had a mouth full of sass, and have always pushed the limits of authority... My parents whipped me... Mom more than dad, because dad being the ominous force he is (6'2", 325lbs) could just yell and the fear was all it took...

That being said, Abby is a fucking retard... and most of these 'experts' are fucking retards too. Children, especially highly intelligent and creative children like lil' OSP, are not affected by the loss of toys, privileges, etc.

When I was a kid you could put me in time out for hours and I'd sit there, count as high as I could, make up songs, play games in my head, etc... and be just as happy as if you sat me in a room full of sugary sweets and all the toys in the world... The ONLY thing that got my attention and made me fear the repercussions of my actions was an ass-whoopin'.

Now... do I think a belt is necessary? No. Do I think sometimes it may take more than an open handed swat? Well, my sister has this big wooden spoon that works fucking wonders...

Is there a link to when this was originally posted? I'd really like to drum up some responses for Ms. Abby.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 02:20 AM   #22
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick281 View Post
True but you can always do things like ground them and take away basic internet/house phone/hanging out with friends. Kids always have something they don't want to lose.
Oh i know. Just pisses me off to see all these little teens in HS walking around with all brand new phones/ipods/etc and driving a car that is nicer and newer than anything I own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 02:26 AM   #23
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
Oh i know. Just pisses me off to see all these little teens in HS walking around with all brand new phones/ipods/etc and driving a car that is nicer and newer than anything I own.
It's been like that for a very long time...
Old 02-02-2009, 02:30 AM   #24
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
see below

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
It's been like that for a very long time...
no doubt... there were kids in my HS that had brand new BMW M3's... a girl who had a brand new car each year of HS... I'd say 50% drove a car newer and more expensive than the ones my parents owned... and over half of them had the car in their name... not their parents.

that'll never change
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 02:41 AM   #25
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Me and my group of friends were the minority throughout our HS that didn't have new... or even newer vehicles... Our median vehicle age was probably 10 years... Except for one of my friends... He was loaded... He started off driving a 2-year old Bronco Eddie Bauer, then one day woke up and his parents had traded it in on a brand new Expedition... not for him, but for his mom... though he got to drive it... Within two weeks his folks bought another fully-loaded Expedition, gave him the first one.... and also a Lincoln Navigator... When he graduated, he got a brand new fully loaded 3/4 ton Ford pickup...

Now... the difference between him and 99.9% of the other kids in school. Looking at him... talking to him... You'd never notice. He always wore ratty band shirts, had long hair, beat up jeans, etc, etc... He was the most down to earth person you could ever meet... Hell, his older brother was the same way...
Old 02-02-2009, 02:41 AM   #26
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

i know it's been that way for awhile. but my kids may hate me for it, but they will have to earn their own shit, just like I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 02:47 AM   #27
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Me and my group of friends were the minority throughout our HS that didn't have new... or even newer vehicles... Our median vehicle age was probably 10 years... Except for one of my friends... He was loaded... He started off driving a 2-year old Bronco Eddie Bauer, then one day woke up and his parents had traded it in on a brand new Expedition... not for him, but for his mom... though he got to drive it... Within two weeks his folks bought another fully-loaded Expedition, gave him the first one.... and also a Lincoln Navigator... When he graduated, he got a brand new fully loaded 3/4 ton Ford pickup...

Now... the difference between him and 99.9% of the other kids in school. Looking at him... talking to him... You'd never notice. He always wore ratty band shirts, had long hair, beat up jeans, etc, etc... He was the most down to earth person you could ever meet... Hell, his older brother was the same way...

up until my senior year... I drove a Geo metro... but my friends nor I could have cared less... I had wheels... I did get to drive my dad's GMC 3500 4x4 from time to time... but not often, as for some reason it got like 7mpg when I drove it...

my senior year my parents bought me a 88 Chevy blazer for $400... I fixed the transmission and replaced the head gasket. that thing was one of the worst POS I've ever driven... even looked like a piece of shit... it was brown with a light brown stripe...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:25 AM   #28
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

I don't agree with Abbey and have no problem with spankings...well up to a certain point anyways.

I also have no problem with kids earning or at the minimum "helping" to pay for their cars...etc. I had to and I feel that it definitely makes one appreciate what they have that much more.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:32 AM   #29
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

People like Abby is the reason kids are such bastards today. Beat your kids, they deserve it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:38 AM   #30
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

A little non-permanent pain is probably the best teacher of discipline. You do something wrong and there is an immediate, palpable penalty.

Hell, I lost count of the number of times that I got the hand, shoe, belt, or even occasionally a hair brush actually busted on my ass as a kid. After that getting my knuckles rapped with a ruler by a teacher was a joke.
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote