Oh I HATE that guy!
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 05:50 PM   #22
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasternyou929 View Post
Oh man, that's got to be one of my biggest pet peeves in the office. Send an e-mail to someone, and get a reply back with a 14 person disribution list, copied 3 levels up the report heirarchy.
I request that all of my staff copy me on every email they send... No such thing as too much communication.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:02 PM   #23
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
I request that all of my staff copy me on every email they send... No such thing as too much communication.
I can see that, but I think the benefits get smaller as the company size gets larger. I already receive ~115 e-mails a day and have no desire to have every person on my team copy me on everything they send. Not only will I not get to half of it, but the noise would easily make me miss something that does require my attention.
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:34 PM   #24
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Not at my work. We fire people who are good at their job. The dead weight often stays.
Hmmm, and you're still there? So, what does that make you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post
But yeah he MASSIVELY sucked. Seriously, we wondered whether he was super arrogant or just really stupid. For the company to be in the state it's in, for the economy to be in the state it's in, for there to have been layoffs, the Lean initiative we're presently in the midst of, and for him to STILL not pick up the pace?
Quote:
So apparently he was stupid too!

They're starting to make cuts at my job. I haven't exactly been dead weight, but I haven't exactly busted my ass. I've been scraping by with barely more than minimum effort, if for no other reason than my job blows. I enjoy the industry I'm in and the knowledge I gain, but the actual work I'm required to do is quite lame. So, I do what is required. However, now that there is talk of cutting back, I'm smart enough to pick up the pace and actually do more than just the minimum. I've been picking up the pace for a couple of months, but really starting to pour it on now. I don't need to lose my job when it's so tough to find others right now.

Quote:
I wish I had a state job. Maybe after I quit this one. I'm a photog...and quite frankly I'm one of the best in the market...but there are some really shitty photogs at my station who don't do shit, constantly complain about their job and the whole deal. They should be the first to go.

Now, here you say you're one of the best, but your station only keeps the dead weight. Which is it?
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:05 PM   #25
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
yeah, but you are telling them too. it's not a kiss ass move then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:53 AM   #26
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
Hmmm, and you're still there? So, what does that make you?

They're starting to make cuts at my job. I haven't exactly been dead weight, but I haven't exactly busted my ass. I've been scraping by with barely more than minimum effort, if for no other reason than my job blows. I enjoy the industry I'm in and the knowledge I gain, but the actual work I'm required to do is quite lame. So, I do what is required. However, now that there is talk of cutting back, I'm smart enough to pick up the pace and actually do more than just the minimum. I've been picking up the pace for a couple of months, but really starting to pour it on now. I don't need to lose my job when it's so tough to find others right now.

Now, here you say you're one of the best, but your station only keeps the dead weight. Which is it?

I didn't say ONLY dead weight. But there's some fat to trim. Honestly, my station used to be one of the best photojournalism stations in the entire country. Not so much anymore. It's quite embarrassing what we are becoming. There are 5 of us at the station who are very good, nationally award winning, photogs. And I know 3 of us are looking for a new gig. It's time to move on. Management has taken a nose dive and is using the economy as an excuse to cut shit down.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote