Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-08-2009, 09:37 AM   #21
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
No kidding. I thought they'd be bigger. My dog is only about 70 lbs and he's sorta small for a Lab.
Purebred? Or, some springer or other breed mix? My pure-bred black labs have been VERY calm and trainable. The most hyper dog I've ever had was a Springer/Black Lab cross... my Frisbee dog, had a six foot vertical.

Boxer's are more solid, not necessarily more large. Just a big ball of muscle

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:47 AM   #22
HRCNICK11
Canyon Carver

Cool thing about boxers is they are one of the breeds that will jump up in the air with their backs level to the ground fron a stand still. Its just strange to watch the first few times you see it. They also like to stand on their back legs and paw at the air. I would think it why they got their name cause it looks like they are boxing.
HRCNICK11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:51 AM   #23
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRCNICK11 View Post
Cool thing about boxers is they are one of the breeds that will jump up in the air with their backs level to the ground fron a stand still. Its just strange to watch the first few times you see it. They also like to stand on their back legs and paw at the air. I would think it why they got their name cause it looks like they are boxing.
I see my Boxer do that all the time.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:51 AM   #24
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Quote:
Cool thing about boxers is they are one of the breeds that will jump up in the air with their backs level to the ground from a stand still. Its just strange to watch the first few times you see it.
My grandfather had a mutt that would do that. I believe he was a blend of feist and cur, but who knows what else.
It was always funny to watch him do that... like he had springs or something.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:14 PM   #25
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Purebred? Or, some springer or other breed mix? My pure-bred black labs have been VERY calm and trainable. The most hyper dog I've ever had was a Springer/Black Lab cross... my Frisbee dog, had a six foot vertical.

Boxer's are more solid, not necessarily more large. Just a big ball of muscle

He's a Lab/Golden mix. He can EASILY jump over 6 feet. I have video of him doing so...which is scary b/c he could get anything in the house at any height if he really wanted to.

Quote:

My Lab/Golden does the exact same thing. Jumps straight up and rests on his back legs and swings at the air.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 01:21 PM   #26
lauralynne
667:Neighbor of the Beast

Moto: VTR1000, SV650, FZR400, CRF150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Males? 55-65lbs average. I've seen them bigger though.
we've got 2 - the "small" one is 75, the other one is 85.

and Hyper? yes. They constantly need SOMETHING to do - or else they'll come up with something themselves...like eating your couch. They need entertained. They love people and company - we won't ever just own one boxer again. They're in the "puppy stage" until they're about 3 or 3.5. they're completely trainable though, very smart, but if you let them get away with someone once, you practically have to retrain them.
And jumping? When we first got our big boxer (he was 20 months and barely 60 pounds at the time) we watch in amazement as he stood staring at a crow taunting him from a tree. Then jumped about 10 feet in the air to snatch the crow right out of the tree. He freaked out and ran in the house to hide, he wasn't sure what he'd done.
Our 'little' dog jumps at our fence - the fence is just over 5 foot tall and he stands next to it and jumps and jumps and his hind legs clear the top of the fence - he doesn't go over it, just jumps in place pretty much.
Boxers are a lot of work - but it's so worth it with them!

Married my best friend 8/30/09
lauralynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 01:32 PM   #27
Rider
Moto GP Star

If anyone here has some good advice on how to cure separation anxiety in a Boxer I'd love to know how. PM and I will go into more details on what my little guy is doing.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 01:35 PM   #28
Ninjakel
Post whorette

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600-

our boxer is almost 2 years old and about 70 pounds. he's super tall, and scrawny, our vet said he'd fill out within the next year or 2. he eats ore than our 120 pound Pit Bull. he's also very crazy He likes to junk punch any guy who comes inside the house

--Ron Burgundy--
Anchorman
Ninjakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 02:25 PM   #29
MissHell
Followed the crowd over.

Moto: '07 Yahama R6

Nice looking dog ~ hope you are able to find a home for him.
MissHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 11:01 AM   #30
cuttle
now available w/o fish

Moto: DR650, Morini, 1/2 M900ie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissHell View Post
Nice looking dog ~ hope you are able to find a home for him.
thanks - I think I found a really good place, he'll be meeting his new "parents" this afternoon.

- R. K. Milholland
cuttle is offline   Reply With Quote