Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-24-2008, 10:40 AM   #21
'73 H1 Triple
restorer of the original

Moto: '93 ZR1100 &'73 Kawasaki H1 500

Place looks pretty nice The warranty is a very good idea.

If you're not too far from Philly, my friend Chris has a heating & cooling company with very good prices. He converted my house from electric baseboard heat to oil fired hot air system with central air.
Here's his business card. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../DCP_3462A.jpg Tell him his old neighbor Jeff recommended him to you.

I had him add a few oil tanks to up my capacity to 1100 gallons. I get a much better price from the local oil guy when he only has to make one delivery per year.

Jeff
'73 H1 Triple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 10:45 AM   #22
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Congrats!!!

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 11:29 AM   #23
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

You're a homeowner now.
Turn that fucking hat around, you look like a punk.

Damn punks moving in and bringing down property values....

Congrats on the new house. So sorry you have to live in New Jersey but sometimes that box of chococlates has been sitting on the shelf to long...or something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 02:21 PM   #24
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by '73 H1 Triple View Post
Place looks pretty nice The warranty is a very good idea.

If you're not too far from Philly, my friend Chris has a heating & cooling company with very good prices. He converted my house from electric baseboard heat to oil fired hot air system with central air.
Here's his business card. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../DCP_3462A.jpg Tell him his old neighbor Jeff recommended him to you.

I had him add a few oil tanks to up my capacity to 1100 gallons. I get a much better price from the local oil guy when he only has to make one delivery per year.

Jeff
Thank you very much for the Insight on that...We are making up a list of Stuff that we are going back to the seller with. The Furnace is the Top Priority...and the Crack in the Sheetrock Ceiling I'm going to ask about...other than that a few minor things here and there that I'd rather just fix myself.

4 Oil tanks is Crazy...But Hey if you have the room it looks like you are smart and saving money in the long run.
Old 12-24-2008, 02:23 PM   #25
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
You're a homeowner now.
Turn that fucking hat around, you look like a punk.

Damn punks moving in and bringing down property values....

Congrats on the new house. So sorry you have to live in New Jersey but sometimes that box of chococlates has been sitting on the shelf to long...or something like that.
LMAO I'm sorry I live in jersey SOMETIMES...it has it moments...But eh, me and my fiancee both have solid established Jobs so we made the best with it and found a home we liked...And for whoever asked how much It was 195,000.

And The hat thing...Well, I'm 22...So Fuck Off

Everyone looks at you differently when you tell them your buying a house and your only 22...At least in todays economy.

Thanks again everyone!
Old 12-24-2008, 02:40 PM   #26
Aero 1
Trailer Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
LMAO I'm sorry I live in jersey SOMETIMES...it has it moments...But eh, me and my fiancee both have solid established Jobs so we made the best with it and found a home we liked...And for whoever asked how much It was 195,000.

And The hat thing...Well, I'm 22...So Fuck Off

Everyone looks at you differently when you tell them your buying a house and your only 22...At least in todays economy.

Thanks again everyone!
what county? 195,000? it must be in Sussex or somewhere south. Im in Passaic County and Im going to start looking next month. The rates keep going down and something in me tells me that they will bottom out next month and houses just keep getting cheaper. My preference is in Bergen county and things are looking good.....
Aero 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 02:48 PM   #27
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Its in Camden County....In South Jersey.
Old 12-24-2008, 02:50 PM   #28
'73 H1 Triple
restorer of the original

Moto: '93 ZR1100 &'73 Kawasaki H1 500

Quote:
Thank you very much for the Insight on that...We are making up a list of Stuff that we are going back to the seller with. The Furnace is the Top Priority...and the Crack in the Sheetrock Ceiling I'm going to ask about...other than that a few minor things here and there that I'd rather just fix myself.

4 Oil tanks is Crazy...But Hey if you have the room it looks like you are smart and saving money in the long run.
I you do decide to go with multiple tanks, the correct way to hook them up is in pairs. The back two are one pair and the front two the other pair.

Mine sit under my front porch which is only accessable thru the basement from the inside

( the underground downspout was drawn in "paint" to show a friend how I ran the rain water away from the house to reduce the chance of a wet basement.)

Each set has it's own fill and vent pipe. I also have a Franco-Belge oil burner ( in addition to my furnace) that heats the basement. It's gravity feed and basically looks like a big kerosene heater ( flame behind glass and it does NOT stink). That way even if the electric goes out, we still have heat and a way to cook.

We also have a Harman insert for the fireplace in the livingroom. We can burn either wood or coal. We use wood when it's only cold nights and then burn coal once it gets cold. We have to tend to the fire twice a day ( shake to remove ash and dump the pan) and it throws off plenty of heat. Also the main air intake for the heating system is in the other end of the livingroom so if the main heater goes on, it's starting out with warm air.

It burns chestnut size coal and we get it from the local hardware store in one ton bags ( they deliver for $35 and place the bags where we want)
Here's the one of the bags. For size comparision that a 55 gal drum next to the bag.

In our back room ( a 12 x 20 addition on the back of the house) we have a propane heater.

This will also function without electric. Take notice of the tile under the propane heater and at the insert. I did both of those areas and it was fairly easy to do. ( I took the pic of the propane heater tile before I put in the corner molding )

Just showing you some options for heat and I think it's great that you're getting a house when you're that young. When I was 22, I was still partying and chasing ( and catching ) women.

Jeff
'73 H1 Triple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 02:51 PM   #29
Aero 1
Trailer Queen

Quote:
Its in Camden County....In South Jersey.
ahh, that explains it. anything north of exit 140 is more than 250 k. congrats btw.
Aero 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 03:00 PM   #30
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Quote:
Originally Posted by '73 H1 Triple View Post
I you do decide to go with multiple tanks, the correct way to hook them up is in pairs. The back two are one pair and the front two the other pair.

Mine sit under my front porch which is only accessable thru the basement from the inside

( the underground downspout was drawn in "paint" to show a friend how I ran the rain water away from the house to reduce the chance of a wet basement.)

Each set has it's own fill and vent pipe. I also have a Franco-Belge oil burner ( in addition to my furnace) that heats the basement. It's gravity feed and basically looks like a big kerosene heater ( flame behind glass and it does NOT stink). That way even if the electric goes out, we still have heat and a way to cook.

We also have a Harman insert for the fireplace in the livingroom. We can burn either wood or coal. We use wood when it's only cold nights and then burn coal once it gets cold. We have to tend to the fire twice a day ( shake to remove ash and dump the pan) and it throws off plenty of heat. Also the main air intake for the heating system is in the other end of the livingroom so if the main heater goes on, it's starting out with warm air.

It burns chestnut size coal and we get it from the local hardware store in one ton bags ( they deliver for $35 and place the bags where we want)
Here's the one of the bags. For size comparision that a 55 gal drum next to the bag.

In our back room ( a 12 x 20 addition on the back of the house) we have a propane heater.

This will also function without electric. Take notice of the tile under the propane heater and at the insert. I did both of those areas and it was fairly easy to do. ( I took the pic of the propane heater tile before I put in the corner molding )

Just showing you some options for heat and I think it's great that you're getting a house when you're that young. When I was 22, I was still partying and chasing ( and catching ) women.

Jeff
Wow, That is A very nice House, it looks like you keep most of it heated nicely...and your doing it in a somewhat cost effective way (Buying in bulk and whatnot) I will certainly keep everything in mind...I want to install a Wood stove downstairs...On top of extra heat i just think they look kickass and it adds a nice touch to the home.

I figured I already caught the girl..Now I can just party in my own home!!