Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-02-2008, 02:47 PM   #21
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

I swear this is not "trolling" BUT why don't those people have a right not to vote for Obama because he is black? Obama's campaign is trying to scare people away from McCain because of his age and because Palin is a woman. They also go on and on about how McCain is the same as Bush. Personally,I think that McCain has gone out of his way,to his detriment,not to key on Obaba's race or his past associations.

Everyone has a right to choose their candidate based on ANY criteria they see fit and NO ONE has the right to question their decision! What percentage of Catholics voted for Kennedy? What destroyed Joe Liberman's bid? I have discussed my purebred black friends' support for Obama with them and a lot of racist bastards might like to know that not ALL black people are as stupid as they are being portrayed by shock jocks and other media assholes. Many DO understand the issues and are voting their conscience this election,so go fuck yourself! Does anyone know how many dozens of black people that Stern's people interviewed in the poorest parts of the NY area before he found those few imbeciles?

Be that as it may, elections have always been won without the need or the DESIRE for facts and one thing will always be true,campaign rhetoric isn't worth the CO2 expelled on Jan 1st! All the bull shit in the world isn't going to fix a single thing in this country,unless you can figure out a way to burn it in your cars or heat your homes with it!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 02:57 PM   #22
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

as far as I'm concerned... those type of ignorant votes piss me off... regardless of who they're for... if it's because of something OTHER than the issues, Policy, or the need of the nation... it's an ignorant vote...

those Catholics that voted for Kenedy because he was Catholic, the black that'll vote for Obama, the women that will vote for Pailin, the whites that will vote for McCain, are all equaly ignorant if that's the reason they're casting their votes.

Yes it's a free country and people can write in Mickey Mouse if they wanted to... it just annoys me that people are that ignorant... not that I didn't expect it... or think it'll change anytime soon... but still annoys me.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 03:02 PM   #23
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
as far as I'm concerned... those type of ignorant votes piss me off... regardless of who they're for... if it's because of something OTHER than the issues, Policy, or the need of the nation... it's an ignorant vote...

those Catholics that voted for Kenedy because he was Catholic, the black that'll vote for Obama, the women that will vote for Pailin, the whites that will vote for McCain, are all equaly ignorant if that's the reason they're casting their votes.

Yes it's a free country and people can write in Mickey Mouse if they wanted to... it just annoys me that people are that ignorant... not that I didn't expect it... or think it'll change anytime soon... but still annoys me.
Oh I hear ya,Bro! I know what you mean but unless we go all "Issac Asimov" and force the most qualified man to be president... I mean,even when you vote based on issues,you only have what they say to go by,you know? I still like my lie detector debate idea....
Old 11-02-2008, 04:56 PM   #24
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Oh I hear ya,Bro! I know what you mean but unless we go all "Issac Asimov" and force the most qualified man to be president... I mean,even when you vote based on issues,you only have what they say to go by,you know? I still like my lie detector debate idea....
very true...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 05:24 PM   #25
Carolina
Says it's time to ride

Moto: 2003 honda CBR 954/ 2011 Road King classic

naw but seriously i'm voting for Obama because he can dance his ass off,Palins not bad also

Old 11-02-2008, 06:38 PM   #26
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I swear this is not "trolling" BUT why don't those people have a right not to vote for Obama because he is black?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post

Exactly my point ebbs... if people are voting for a person based on race, age, looks, (or dance moves.. lol)... then there is something seriously wrong. This is why this county is so fucked up, because people are missing the issue at heart... None of those qualities warrant that a person will be good in the oval office.

Now the only thing I do have to say is the issue of religion. Religion does play some factor into voting because of the issues/morals that are held within the religion. If a candidate plays to the religion card, he must back key issues like abortion, etc etc etc. Even though those issues only pertain to a certain percentage of the population, they still will be factored into legislation that could be passed. Whereas being white/black, female/male, old/young have NOTHING to do with it...
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 08:48 PM   #27
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

People have always and will always vote for their own reasons. Lincoln was an abolitionist and I'm sure many people voted for him for this reason. Was that a valid reason? To the majority of the country it was...

Lots of people are against abortion and they vote almost exclusively based on this one issue. McCain is Pro-Life and Obama wants to bring back state sponsored abortions.

Lots of people are against the war in Iraq and are voting almost exclusively based on this one issue. McCain wants to stay the course and Obama wants to pull out almost immediately. I doubt either outcome will actually happen.

Are either of these issues strong enough to make a valid single issue voting decision? Maybe, but it's not my place to say so. I get to pick my friends based on ANY criteria I choose. If a candidate came out against motorcycles and vowed to make them illegal,we'd all probably vote against him regardless of his other views or platform points.

I get to pick my wife/mate based on whatever criteria I choose. I have actually been told that I am wrong to make the choices I make because of the criteria I employ. Whatever. My personal choices are mine to make and I don't have to justify them to anyone.

Last edited by Amber Lamps; 11-02-2008 at 08:52 PM..
Old 11-02-2008, 10:05 PM   #28
DIMford
Nothing beats the RWB

Moto: 07 Honda Interceptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
all this being said im fully in support of the starship troopers model. serve first and then we might let you vote. when you get shit for free you cant apreciate it.
I like that idea too. Doesn't have to be military service, but some sort of civil service.
The Road is a beautiful but dangerous mistress. She'll taunt and tease you with wonderful curves and glorious heights till you lose all control. Then leave you broken and bleeding to tease the next man.
DIMford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 09:03 AM   #29
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina View Post

naw but seriously i'm voting for Obama because he can dance his ass off,Palins not bad also

That can't be right. Obama dances like he's 100% white.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 06:22 PM   #30
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
That can't be right. Obama dances like he's 100% white.
The funny thing to me about all these blacks voting for B.O. is haven't they ever been pulled over by a black cop? ESPECIALLY in a white neighbor hood/area? And don't let the brother have a white partner! You will never be treated worse by a police officer in your life if you are a black man! Obama is going to work his ass off proving to "White America" that he's not out to get them. His every move and word will be extra analyzed. Everyone will be just waiting for him to make even the slightest mistake or to seem even an iota "anti-white". He will be under extraordinary scrutiny at all times.