Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 09-09-2008, 10:24 AM   #21
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezilla (Impala Balko) View Post
I lost my Rear Cowl the other day pulling out of a cruise but luckily I felt it lift off and I pulled over and recovered it. I Got away with a couple scratches on the cover I thought the thing would have been completely demo'ed.
it was weird, i felt mine come off too, but wasnt even sure what it was at the time. i remember something kind of grazing my lumbar region, and even felt it with my hand and kind of looked back, but didnt even think for a second it was my seat.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:53 AM   #22
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

I was riding down the street the other day and thought about this thread and since I had my seat off earlier that day reached behind me and pressed down on the front of the rear seat...just to make sure.

The wife following me on her bike asked later what I was doing and I told her about the thread. She's glad I checked because if it flew off it may have hit her.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:13 AM   #23
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Yeah that key in the ignition thing is a bitch. Responsible adults trying to sleep it off in the car and they get fucked.
Yep, stupid fucking law.

I saved a military guys ass a few years back. I was leaving a bar and looked across the street to see a car running and a guy sitting in the drivers seat with his head down. Walked over and dude was passed out behind the wheel. Saw the base stickers on his car. Not about to let a military guy get a DUI for sleeping in his car. I offered to drive him home, but he said he couldn't leave his car there. I told him to get in the backseat and get the keys out of the ignition, which he did. No clue if he stayed there till he sobered up or not, but I hope he did. Dude looked really fucking scared when I told him he could ruin his career if he got a DUI, so I imagine he paid attention and stayed in the back of the car till he sobered up.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:19 AM   #24
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

You can be SURE i'll be checkin and double checkin that thing now. Sucks when you have to put money into your bike out of neglegence, whether it be a rusty chain, warped rotors from bad pads, or something as silly as not clickin your passenger seat.

Well im sure my friend was planning on driving home. he was eating beef jerky and passed out or something. but that was a good deed, capn. I avoided getting a DUI once solely because of the fact i was not in my car and did not have keys in the ignition, and the cops showed up while i wasnt behind the wheel, so it can work for you sometimes i guess (My hood unlatched on the express way and nailed my windsheld, smashed it to bits. They gave me a ride home and a nice lecture). all in all i considered that a gift from god and a second chance.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:08 PM   #25
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
Yep, stupid fucking law.

I saved a military guys ass a few years back. I was leaving a bar and looked across the street to see a car running and a guy sitting in the drivers seat with his head down. Walked over and dude was passed out behind the wheel. Saw the base stickers on his car. Not about to let a military guy get a DUI for sleeping in his car. I offered to drive him home, but he said he couldn't leave his car there. I told him to get in the backseat and get the keys out of the ignition, which he did. No clue if he stayed there till he sobered up or not, but I hope he did. Dude looked really fucking scared when I told him he could ruin his career if he got a DUI, so I imagine he paid attention and stayed in the back of the car till he sobered up.
Dude was proly underage too.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 12:25 PM   #26
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
You can be SURE i'll be checkin and double checkin that thing now. Sucks when you have to put money into your bike out of neglegence, whether it be a rusty chain, warped rotors from bad pads, or something as silly as not clickin your passenger seat.

Well im sure my friend was planning on driving home. he was eating beef jerky and passed out or something. but that was a good deed, capn. I avoided getting a DUI once solely because of the fact i was not in my car and did not have keys in the ignition, and the cops showed up while i wasnt behind the wheel, so it can work for you sometimes i guess (My hood unlatched on the express way and nailed my windsheld, smashed it to bits. They gave me a ride home and a nice lecture). all in all i considered that a gift from god and a second chance.
Wow, awful damn nice of them. Bummer about the seat, but maybe that's a simple warning to make sure you go over everything before getting on the road to Indy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
Dude was proly underage too.
Very possible. I remember when I was underage and came back home. Went to a bar and showed my military ID. Dude at the bar said, "I don't care how old you are, if you can serve, you can drink." Which I fully agree with, btw.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 01:21 PM   #27
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
Wow, awful damn nice of them. Bummer about the seat, but maybe that's a simple warning to make sure you go over everything before getting on the road to Indy.
very true. but i dont think i could be as anal about tying everything down as i was for the rally trip. i'll be packing a bit lighter this weekend too.
Old 09-09-2008, 04:14 PM   #28
Vettezilla (Impala Balko)
FUCK IT. WE'LL DO IT LIVE

Moto: 2001 Suzuki GSX-R 750 blue/white

Quote:
it was weird, i felt mine come off too, but wasnt even sure what it was at the time. i remember something kind of grazing my lumbar region, and even felt it with my hand and kind of looked back, but didnt even think for a second it was my seat.
Mine did the same I was pulling out accellorating hard the front end was a tad light and i felt something tapping me on the back (I knew what it was at that point) and I reached back trying to grab it and it flew off the bike at 90mph... I am just glad that the thing was in one piece and only took 2 deep scratches and some light ones that almost buffed completely out.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:58 PM   #29
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
same in ohio. my friend lost his license last year because he refused to blow (fucker got caught sleeping at a gas station with his keys in ignition)... they cant give you a DUI but they get you some other way.
Been there done that. In ND, they call it an APC, actual physical control, and it comes with all the same consequences of a DUI.
And even if you are in the back, if the keys are anywhere in on or around the vehicle or your body, you can get it.
It's a BS way of cops fucking with people more.

I even said that to the judge at my trial, that even when trying to be responsible, I still get fucked, so why bother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:05 PM   #30
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

just got my new seat today. hurrah. its exactly the same as my old one, except its harder to latch!

at least i'll go back to having 2 mirrors when i get my mail tomorrow .