Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 08-22-2008, 05:59 PM   #21
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
I've got 8 inches here in fayetteville...And it aint even raining..Buh Dump Dump crash! thank you I will be here till 5! Be sure and tip the wait staff!
LMAO, thats awesome, and thanks sixxxer, i appareciate the distinction. Thankfully I am not a true floridian, I still have my texas common sense!!

Dont forget nee and neon tho...
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 07:29 PM   #22
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

oh god, texas? that makes you even worse thought everything was supposed to be bigger over there little bit? :P

you do know im just teasing right? i dont wanna get into another multi page argument or owe you any more drinks lol
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 08:48 PM   #23
MikeSP1
Perpetual trouble

Moto: VTX 1300C, RC51, CBR600RR, CBR929RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
People in Florida are certainly a Special Breed...Minus Rae.
I am so glad that I cant be lumped into that statement to begin with...
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"
MikeSP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 09:45 AM   #24
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
This storm just comfirmed how retarded most people in FL are. Everyone was FREAKING OUT over nothing. Wal-Mart was amazingly fucked up and crazy... Publix was a disaster... Home Depot was a gigantic clusterfuck...

Granted, flooding in some areas was bad (not here in Orlando), but I had numerous people (even managers) calling out of work over a few inches of rain and the threat of 50mph winds. I've been through worse storms in fucking Ohio...
I won't diagree with ya on the CRAZINESS at grocery stores and such. The other problem is HERE, hurricane week coindided with the first week of school for the whole area, which = double the chaos.

We've had storms with 50, even 70 mph gusts (heck, one just two weeks ago) before, but this was literally about 36 hours of SUSTAINED 50+ mph winds. As I suspected when I first started this thread, we hadn't seen the worst of it yet.

In our neighborhood there are about a dozen HUGE old oak trees down. Just MASSIVE trees... it's mind blowing to see them just snapped in half, or uprooted completely. LUCKILY, 1.) we don't have a single tree down, and 2.) in our neighorhood, there's no structural damage that we've seen. All the trees that came down either went across yards/driveways/fences, or between houses. So no one's homes were destroyed (though the bed of a Ram truck up the street has seen better days ).

We did lose power for about 21 hours though. Not the end of the world, but not entirely pleasant in Florida in August either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
I got a couple of big dog owners getting HAMMER with rain... somin like 20" or fuck
Yeah the "official" rainfall for Melbourne (about 3 hours south) was 22" - but reports are some areas got 32".

We probably got right about 14" here. We drained the pool a foot on Wednesday; by mid morning yesterday, it was within an inch of overflowing. Drained it another 8" or so, and got a few inches more throughout the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Making me more and more glad that I flew to Lauderdale rather than ride...
HELL YES!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itgirl View Post
hey nee, me and hubby were just talking about you guys last night. wondering how you were making out with the storm. glad it isn't too bad for ya.
Thanks! Yeah we're fine now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
People in Florida are certainly a Special Breed...Minus Rae.
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 01:55 PM   #25
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
oh god, texas? that makes you even worse thought everything was supposed to be bigger over there little bit? :P

you do know im just teasing right? i dont wanna get into another multi page argument or owe you any more drinks lol

If I had a dollar for everytime i hear that...*sigh* I make up for it with personality!!

N Yes, i know ur teasing...i've had my battle for the month, I'm appeased, for now!
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote