I'm not impressed.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 06:59 AM   #22
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
I am impressed at a multiple levels. First the engineering of putting this package together is very impressive to me. This not some simple bolt to an adapter ,plug and play situation. He has mated the engine to the frame, tucked it all into relatively stock looking bodywork and re-worked the electronics. As a guy who likes to build thing this is dam sure imaginative and demonstrates a very high level of skill.
IN the process he has dropped 100 plus pounds off of what drive train was designed to pull and 6 inches off the wheel base. In stock configuration the 06 Busa drive train will produce 150 to 155 rwp ( this machine is a PC3 and pipes away from an easy 170 rwhp a and a $800 big bore kit away from 200 RWHP and if you are sick enough, a turbo away from 250 without cracking the engine) with torque levels that the still leave the the newest generation of I4 envious with peak torque between being generated between 6 and 8 k. and a red line of 11.5. As it sits, this little beasty is power out of the corners that will make the big twin bikes envious (including my 999) and will roll out in the straights with incredible speed. For what he is asking this in an INCREDIBLE buy ( I don't know the man so I am not schilling the sale) This is not the most sophisticated machine out there but this little two wheel package of nasty has got me re-thinking my winter project

Last edited by nhgunnut; 08-22-2008 at 07:01 AM..
nhgunnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 09:25 AM   #23
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhgunnut View Post
I am impressed at a multiple levels. First the engineering of putting this package together is very impressive to me. This not some simple bolt to an adapter ,plug and play situation. He has mated the engine to the frame, tucked it all into relatively stock looking bodywork and re-worked the electronics. As a guy who likes to build thing this is dam sure imaginative and demonstrates a very high level of skill.
IN the process he has dropped 100 plus pounds off of what drive train was designed to pull and 6 inches off the wheel base. In stock configuration the 06 Busa drive train will produce 150 to 155 rwp ( this machine is a PC3 and pipes away from an easy 170 rwhp a and a $800 big bore kit away from 200 RWHP and if you are sick enough, a turbo away from 250 without cracking the engine) with torque levels that the still leave the the newest generation of I4 envious with peak torque between being generated between 6 and 8 k. and a red line of 11.5. As it sits, this little beasty is power out of the corners that will make the big twin bikes envious (including my 999) and will roll out in the straights with incredible speed. For what he is asking this in an INCREDIBLE buy ( I don't know the man so I am not schilling the sale) This is not the most sophisticated machine out there but this little two wheel package of nasty has got me re-thinking my winter project
Build it and we will come.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 10:38 AM   #24
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
Build it and we will come.
Randy buy it and I will come ,, I mean after all you are down to just the two bikes right?
nhgunnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 12:11 PM   #25
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhgunnut View Post
Randy buy it and I will come ,, I mean after all you are down to just the two bikes right?
Yep

On a different note...

I offered that guy $600 for the AR-15 a few minutes ago...hey...gotta start somewhere.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote