Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 08-16-2008, 08:53 PM   #21
itgirl
is in your head...

Moto: 04 kawasaki zx636, 08 HD xl1200n (nightster)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Oh no here we go but....WOW that was sick!!! Las Vegas Extremes used to do alot of two-up stunts like that and a guy back home and his gf did a bunch of two-up stoppies/wheelies/etc. IDK I used to do a lot of wheelies with my gf on the back but that was an insane and well coordinated stunt IMO. If the girl willingly participates in the stunt and agrees to share the risks,she's no longer an "innocent victim" and deserves no more pity than the guy. I mean really,it's obviously not like he threw her on the back and surprised her! That maneuver took some practice.
stunts are totally wicked...when done in a controlled environment. not on the streets though.

kim

www.facebook.com/itgirl25
itgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 10:51 PM   #22
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

I hate when I see videos like this and there are no crashes... so disappointing.
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 10:24 AM   #23
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceo012384 View Post
I hate when I see videos like this and there are no crashes... so disappointing.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 11:10 AM   #24
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
I agree there. But like I said earlier I don't think some women grasp the danger of a stunt like that.
Yea,but now you're being almost sexist because you're assuming a woman can't "grasp" the situation. Women can be just as big of thrill seekers as men. Quite frankly,I doubt either person COMPLETELY understands their danger otherwise they probably wouldn't do it.

This is nothing to brag about but between the track and the street,I've probably crashed as much or more than anyone on this forum. I have road rash scars on every part of my body except my head. I have been deformed,crippled, and have had several operations. I have pins and screws in three different places and have spent months of my life in the hospital in penance to my hobby/lifestyle/passion. I've had to search for my friends leg in the dark after a crash...TWICE. I have a couple of friends in wheel chairs. I've watched helpless as my riding buddies take their last gasps of air while they ask how bad of shape their bike is in. I've attended at least a dozen of my fellow bikers funerals over the years and have narrowly missed having one of my own on several occasions. I understand the risks with every part of my being. To tell you the truth,I doubt that most of you do... if you did some of you would probably quit.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:13 AM   #25
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by itgirl View Post
stunts are totally wicked...when done in a controlled environment. not on the streets though.
Oh I agree with you on that in principle...but since I'm very guilty of public road stunting....
Old 08-17-2008, 12:14 PM   #26
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Yea,but now you're being almost sexist because you're assuming a woman can't "grasp" the situation. Women can be just as big of thrill seekers as men. Quite frankly,I doubt either person COMPLETELY understands their danger otherwise they probably wouldn't do it.
I see your point and I'm not trying to be sexist. But I think a lot of girls don't get the danger.

A good friend of mine who is a girl won't get on an ATV or any Motorcycle. She was in a back ATV crash when she was 12 and won't touch one and she hates them.

However she gets guys all the time trying to get her on a bike. They tell her things like "It'll be fun, You won't get hurt, You can trust me I'm a good rider, I won't wreck, I do wheelies all the time, etc". I told her one time to tell the guy she would if he let her wear a jacket. He sent back to her "It's much more fun in shorts and t-shirts. It's hot in a jacket".

Which she has had a back ATV experience and learned a lesson. Other girls haven't and would fall for some guys BS.

The girl in the OP's video I'm sure is well aware of the danger and just a thrill seeker.
Old 08-17-2008, 03:00 PM   #27
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
I see your point and I'm not trying to be sexist. But I think a lot of girls don't get the danger.

A good friend of mine who is a girl won't get on an ATV or any Motorcycle. She was in a back ATV crash when she was 12 and won't touch one and she hates them.

However she gets guys all the time trying to get her on a bike. They tell her things like "It'll be fun, You won't get hurt, You can trust me I'm a good rider, I won't wreck, I do wheelies all the time, etc". I told her one time to tell the guy she would if he let her wear a jacket. He sent back to her "It's much more fun in shorts and t-shirts. It's hot in a jacket".

Which she has had a back ATV experience and learned a lesson. Other girls haven't and would fall for some guys BS.

The girl in the OP's video I'm sure is well aware of the danger and just a thrill seeker.
you're right...and sure guys can be evil little liars when they are trying to get a girl to do something,hence the lack of virgins over 16 years old,but I took exception to THAT girl being characterized as an innocent victim of the guy's stupidity.
Old 08-19-2008, 06:15 AM   #28
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Oh no here we go but....WOW that was sick!!! Las Vegas Extremes used to do alot of two-up stunts like that and a guy back home and his gf did a bunch of two-up stoppies/wheelies/etc. IDK I used to do a lot of wheelies with my gf on the back but that was an insane and well coordinated stunt IMO. If the girl willingly participates in the stunt and agrees to share the risks,she's no longer an "innocent victim" and deserves no more pity than the guy. I mean really,it's obviously not like he threw her on the back and surprised her! That maneuver took some practice.
damn tigger... i think that dear knocked some sense in to ya! we agree on something!

yeah... fuck him... fuck her... talented? yes... common sense? no.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 11:52 AM   #29
Gunther1000
Jesus Christ!

Moto: (The Chi's lover)

Quote:

This is nothing to brag about but between the track and the street,I've probably crashed as much or more than anyone on this forum. I have road rash scars on every part of my body except my head. I have been deformed,crippled, and have had several operations. I have pins and screws in three different places and have spent months of my life in the hospital in penance to my hobby/lifestyle/passion. I've had to search for my friends leg in the dark after a crash...TWICE. I have a couple of friends in wheel chairs. I've watched helpless as my riding buddies take their last gasps of air while they ask how bad of shape their bike is in. I've attended at least a dozen of my fellow bikers funerals over the years and have narrowly missed having one of my own on several occasions. I understand the risks with every part of my being. To tell you the truth,I doubt that most of you do... if you did some of you would probably quit.
Damm tigger, You sound like you have seen a lot of shit. I thought I was the only one on here who had seen some crazy stuff and still rides like a dick head on the street. Over in Flint,MI we had a little industrial park we would all go and race at, stunt practice what ever. I saw a guy die there due to a drag race gone bad and have seen a few friends go down pretty bad on the E-way and side streets but nothing like looking for legs and all that. Again, It must be a MI thing. If your used to seeing violence of another sort maybe it doesn't shock you as much when you are involved in a recreational crash. I always take the point of view as if you play with knives you may get cut. It's not the knives fault.

Hows the bike rebuild going? And what road were you on in MI?
Old 08-19-2008, 08:00 PM   #30
FT BSTRD
Tractor Driver

Moto: Buell XB12X Ulysses

That stunter passenger was no newbie. I can't imagine that she didn't understand the risks.

I have seen so many passengers who don't. Saw a cute little girl today in tiny shorts, some sort of tank top thing, keds, and a helmet. I just kept thinking as I followed her that she was hot.

And that road rash is going to hurt.
FT BSTRD is offline   Reply With Quote