Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-31-2008, 11:08 PM   #21
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

[QUOTE=Smittie61984;59730]Hell. I didn't have a clue what it was. Not sure if my F3 came with that specific button thingy though it kills it's self in first with the kickstand down. And hell I've practically rebuilt my bike. Even taken the carbs off with all that stupid ass tubing.

I think it was a good question. But I"m guessing on "Gixxer".com the only legit questions are "Hollister or Abercrombie shorts", Old Navy or Walmart flops, stand up wheelie or sit down wheelie, will this shirt that says "The man (arrow up) the Legend (Arrow down) get me laid while riding???

Honestly the GSXR750 (Or DRZ400) will probably be my next bike (A couple years from now) and I do like a lot of Suzukis bikes (Love the SVs and V-stroms) but damn do they draw in the squids.[/QUOTE

heres a quick test for you: start bike, pull clutch, leave kickstand down, kick into first. bike shut off? you got one. didnt? you dont.

dlit i already said it
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 11:19 PM   #22
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 08:53 AM   #23
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

You mean your not suppossed to Ride with your Kickstand Down????

WELL BLOW ME DOWN.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:29 AM   #24
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Nice rusty chain

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 09:31 AM   #25
6doublefive321
Resident Droog

Moto: 625 SMC, '08 Tuono R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
kickstand safety switch :P
Thank you.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:11 PM   #26
WildKat
It was better in the 80's

Moto: 2000 Kat 750

Quite possibly the best reply in the whole thread...

Quote:
Are you kidding?

STEP AWAY FROM THE MOTORCYCLE ...run an ad and sell it before you get hurt
Old 08-01-2008, 07:29 PM   #27
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post

heres a quick test for you: start bike, pull clutch, leave kickstand down, kick into first. bike shut off? you got one. didnt? you dont.

dlit i already said it
I know I have a gear and kickstand down kill switch. I just didn't notice any button. Which I don't have a button similar to the one pictured which I checked. I'm guessing it's internal with Honda.

So if I went and got myself a GSXR750 (Or Gixxer if you prefer) which would be a likely next bike for me. I'd see that button and probably wonder the same thing. Now I would have probably figured it out on my own but hell the guy asked a legit question and all they had to do was answer it.

However I'm guessing that it's probably's the OPs first bike which is just a great beginner bike.

Which that pic gives me an idea that involves Gorrila Glue and a Bike Night then me yelling "Gixxers suck come and get me"
Old 08-01-2008, 07:57 PM   #28
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
I know I have a gear and kickstand down kill switch. I just didn't notice any button. Which I don't have a button similar to the one pictured which I checked. I'm guessing it's internal with Honda.

So if I went and got myself a GSXR750 (Or Gixxer if you prefer) which would be a likely next bike for me. I'd see that button and probably wonder the same thing. Now I would have probably figured it out on my own but hell the guy asked a legit question and all they had to do was answer it.

However I'm guessing that it's probably's the OPs first bike which is just a great beginner bike.

Which that pic gives me an idea that involves Gorrila Glue and a Bike Night then me yelling "Gixxers suck come and get me"
yeaaah i didnt completely read what you posted till later and at that point i didnt care to change it. your idea sounds good, just get a lil peice of metal milled thats big enough to stick under the lip on the switch and glue away!
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 09:53 PM   #29
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

I was laughing my ASS off!!! I once had a guy with a CBR btw,call me to come pick up his bike with my truck cause it wouldn't start. So I get there and he had bumped his engine switch!!! Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!! I almost fucking starting crying I was laughing so hard!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 06:30 PM   #30
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I was laughing my ASS off!!! I once had a guy with a CBR btw,call me to come pick up his bike with my truck cause it wouldn't start. So I get there and he had bumped his engine switch!!! Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!! I almost fucking starting crying I was laughing so hard!
I always use my key to kill my bike and have bumped my switch on accident before.

One time I did it at a party on my old Yamaha SecaII. I turned the bike on and it wouldn't start. Kickstand was up and all. I started pushing it down a hill to bump start it and let go in first and it'd just turn. I pushed it for about 5minutes and realized I used my switch to kill the bike.

Another time I bumped it in the mountains. Which at that point my R/R was going bad and I thought it finally crapped out. I finally saw my problem.

And hell I use to go up to friends on their bikes and hit their kill button while riding. That was always funny.