Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-24-2011, 08:54 AM   #21
fatbuckRTO
This is not the sig line.

Moto: Be prepared. What? Oh, *moto*...

That wall is crying out desperately for a window.

-Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
fatbuckRTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:56 AM   #22
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
there better be someone on the ground holding an air sick bag if I'm on a ladder that tall, because my lunch is coming down first.
The ladders on the truck are a bit more stable. They don't have that bounce/flex that the extension ladders have so its not real bad. The only real issue I see is when your going down and get off one section on to another. Your foot has to reach another 3 or 4 inches easy and its not easy to find the first few times.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:14 AM   #23
Flexin
AMA Supersport

BTW to me the base of the ladder could be a bit closer. It could be just the picture. Also I don't like the slope that it is sitting on ether. I would also want someone heeling the ladder.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:21 AM   #24
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post
I got home from work today there was a little 125 lb. Mexican at the top of this thing painting.
Imagine there being a 200 pound college kid at the top of that ladder 3 stories up leaned against the house holding the gutter with 3 fingers, hands wrapped around the top rung and pulling the ladder and himself towards the house as a 8 ft a-frame ladder is wedged against the top 8" of the ladder laying in a 12/12 pitch slope roof with a 65 yr old man at the top of THAT painting a dormer.

Now imagine all this taking place as the ladder this poor college kid is standing on, is in the bed of a pickup truck backed up against the house because the ladder was about 3 ft shy on it's own.

Yeah that was the LAST day this crackah ass worked for that crazy old fool! I was sure to get my pay for the week in CASH before I left that day...and he never heard from my ass again.

THIS is the reason I don't like to be on ladders!
Old 03-24-2011, 10:04 AM   #25
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

As long as the ladder was up against the front of the pickup box it should be stable.

But yeah, I agree with Flexin, especially when working off the ladder or carrying weight up and down, I always want someone heeling the ladder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:06 AM   #26
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
As long as the ladder was up against the front of the pickup box it should be stable.
200 pound ass, near the top rung, 36 ft in the air on an aluminum ladder with a 180 pound man on ANOTHER ladder pressed against me all held in the bed of a pickup.....the only thing holding us ALL on was a 4" aluminum gutter.

I think Charlie Sheen would be considered MUCH more stable than I was at that point
Old 03-24-2011, 10:28 AM   #27
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Considering the last time I told someone they were making me nervous on an 8 ft ladder and they assured me they were fine and werent going to fall off, then did just that not 2 minutes later...I would go with not unless someone was holding the bottom.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:33 AM   #28
MILK
The cows want you dead.

No, I would not climb that
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 01:01 PM   #29
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbuckRTO View Post
That wall is crying out desperately for a window.
It's the 'privacy' wall - most houses in the subdivision has either the left or ride side void or almost completly void of windows. It's typically the side that has the most bedrooms. Most of the windows are in the front and rear of the homes.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 01:11 PM   #30
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post
It's the 'privacy' wall - most houses in the subdivision has either the left or ride side void or almost completly void of windows. It's typically the side that has the most bedrooms. Most of the windows are in the front and rear of the homes.
this is how you know you live to close to your neighbors..........you need a privacy wall. I don't even have curtains in my house. LOL
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote