Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-23-2011, 02:35 PM   #21
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
City girl

LIRR is MUCH different than the subways.
Express trains are MUCH different than non express LIRR trains.
My train makes three stops and that's it. Plenty of room and rarely are all the seat occupied.
There was an LIRR stop in Forest Hills where I lived and I always wanted to get on and ride it just to see what it was like. Maybe the next time I come home and visit, I have to put that on my to do list!
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 02:35 PM   #22
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
There was an LIRR stop in Forest Hills where I lived and I always wanted to get on and ride it just to see what it was like. Maybe the next time I come home and visit, I have to put that on my to do list!
Yeha and maybe let some of us know youre in town
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 02:38 PM   #23
CasterTroy

Quote:
Troy, do you own or rent?
Own (A)

The ironic thing is that my wife and have decided that when my youngest graduates HS (in 8 yrs) we're downsizing & heading up to the family land (C) and building a cabin. The irony comes in the fact that the family land is on the OTHER side of this po-dunk town (B) I'm talking about.

So technically if I DID take a job there, I'd be moving up PAST there in 8 years anyway
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wjeff.jpg (347.2 KB, 4 views)
Old 03-23-2011, 02:38 PM   #24
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
The upside for you is theres plenty of nursing jobs around so you can go where ever you want.
How is the job market for new grads back in NY? I'm also looking at the Mayo Clinic in Pheonix but I really would like to stay here. There are some new grad positions that open up here and there but there aren't really any new grad residencies or programs here in Vegas.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:40 PM   #25
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
How is the job market for new grads back in NY? I'm also looking at the Mayo Clinic in Pheonix but I really would like to stay here. There are some new grad positions that open up here and there but there aren't really any new grad residencies or programs here in Vegas.
its prety good here, also depends on what field you want to go into. ER and icu are always in demand but are tougher fields to go into right out of school. Our friend Donna graduated recently and shes working in oncology in a hospital out east.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:40 PM   #26
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Quote:
Yeha and maybe let some of us know youre in town
I will def come see you, Karen and the angry baby when I am in town

I am rethinking coming in May, but I will definately be back in August. I am planning to stay for at least a couple of weeks, if not more depending on when I can take the NCLEX. I have one week between semesters in May, but honestly I am so tired and burnt out, I don't have the energy for traveling.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:41 PM   #27
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I will def come see you, Karen and the angry baby when I am in town

I am rethinking coming in May, but I will definately be back in August. I am planning to stay for at least a couple of weeks, if not more depending on when I can take the NCLEX. I have one week between semesters in May, but honestly I am so tired and burnt out, I don't have the energy for traveling.
Cool, keep me updated so I can take some time off when youre in town.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:46 PM   #28
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Quote:
its prety good here, also depends on what field you want to go into. ER and icu are always in demand but are tougher fields to go into right out of school. Our friend Donna graduated recently and shes working in oncology in a hospital out east.
I'll do anything for a year, even psych nursing! I am starting my psych and med surg rotation for the next 7 weeks. I am in an inner city hospital for med surg though, and half the floor are psych cases. It was not fun having to clean up the guy that was standing by the door naked, not speaking english and liked to shit on himself for attention

I wouldn't mind ER or ICU. I have only been in those dept for Peds, but I should get a chance to go for med surg too. Depending on how I score on my assessment test after this 7 weeks, I should be able to pick a specialty unit for my preceptorship since I am still carrying a 4.0. I am not sure skills wise if I am ready though, and I am not sure I want the added stress.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:46 PM   #29
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyk View Post
My commute is about 50 miles round trip. It was less than 10 miles about 5 years ago. The reasons for moving farther away aren't really relevant anymore, but I like living on the south side of Austin too much to move back closer to work. Also, now that the kiddo is in preschool, working from home is a real option.
I love living South too... it worked out for me since my job ended up being in Bee Caves (closer to drive if I take the back way). The part that sucks is school and most of my friends are North/Northwest.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 02:46 PM   #30
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Thats a 10 minute ride to penn but its also one of the last stops for the other lines. Its hit or miss with that station

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote