Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-21-2011, 08:46 PM   #21
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
What about the dude, the dude didn't do anything and got whacked.
He didnt move fast enough
Old 03-21-2011, 10:42 PM   #22
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
The worst thing he did was in front of the cop. He slammed the door on the two fighting. Then didn't follow directions.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 10:55 PM   #23
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Shouldn't have resisted...

That's the one thing that's almost ALWAYS apparent in these 'police brutality' videos... stupid motherfuckers trying to resist the inevitable... You fight against what they are asking you to do and you lose. Simple.
Cops are not the juydge and jury. They detain and arrest if need be. The day we allow cops to selectivly use excessive force because they are pissed off is the day we can our throw away our consitution.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM

Last edited by 101lifts2; 03-21-2011 at 11:51 PM..
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:52 AM   #24
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Cops are not the juydge and jury. They detain and arrest if need be. The day we allow cops to selectivly use excessive force because they are pissed off is the day we can our throw away our consitution.
I agree, but perhaps our views of excessive force are not the same... Mine are, do ONLY what is necessary to control the situation... Not, try the least amount of force possible, hope it works, and potentially get shot/stabbed/beat up...

Again, I think the baton useage was over the top, not because it was wrong, but because it was completely ineffective... One hit should have been sufficient, but the dude was either holding back (ie aiming for soft parts) or had terrible aim... Should have tasered first...

As for the chick getting face planted, looked to me like he yanked her by the belt and swept her legs, effectively knocking her down. He did not go for anything crazy like grab her by the hair/neck and slam her face against the ground... she just failed to catch herself when she was dropped.

It's real easy to sit here and armchair quarterback the situation while watching a shitty video on the internet... While I don't think the situation was handled properly - again, I would have just started tasering people - I also don't view this as egregious abuse of power... Nobody would have gotten the baton, that chick wouldn't have face planted, and that video would have been awful damn boring if the idiots involved would have just listened in the first place. Further, nobody was hit once incapacitated and the situation was neutralized.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:10 AM   #25
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

So he abandons his primary subject, and turns his back on him, to chase after a woman who did less wrong? Idiot.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:34 AM   #26
CasterTroy

Quote:
Other than punch the door and the front fender (denting it @ 1:18) RIGHT before the cops rolled up on him.

Last edited by CasterTroy; 03-22-2011 at 09:37 AM..
CasterTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:59 AM   #27
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
So he abandons his primary subject, and turns his back on him, to chase after a woman who did less wrong? Idiot.
Unfortunately for the cops, they didn't see the video prior to arriving at the scene... in fact, we have no idea what they saw... You got these people who were obviously involved, acting beligerent and not complying with simple instructions, WTF do you do? You subdue everyone you can and sort people out after the fact.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:26 AM   #28
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Unfortunately for the cops, they didn't see the video prior to arriving at the scene... in fact, we have no idea what they saw... You got these people who were obviously involved, acting beligerent and not complying with simple instructions, WTF do you do? You subdue everyone you can and sort people out after the fact.
I doubt turning your back on your primary subject is part of their training....

Especially when that subject poses a greater physical threat than the girl...

How about first yelling at her to go away........Or stand up and push her away........Not go chasing after her for 20 feet while your primary subject is unrestrained and not being watched...
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 10:31 AM   #29
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
I doubt turning your back on your primary subject is part of their training....

Especially when that subject poses a greater physical threat than the girl...

How about first yelling at her to go away........Or stand up and push her away........Not go chasing after her for 20 feet while your primary subject is unrestrained and not being watched...
Again, it's easy to armchair quarterback...
Old 03-22-2011, 11:27 AM   #30
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
Other than punch the door and the front fender (denting it @ 1:18) RIGHT before the cops rolled up on him.
Punishment is not his job. The court gets to decide what punishment is sufficient. Not a limp wristed cop with baton envy.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote