Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-22-2011, 09:57 AM   #21
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
If what I've been told is anything to go by, feel sorry for most of the ones who don't work in the government. Government workers are frequently handed signs and then trucked out, to show "spontaneous support for the government."
They have seiu too?
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:01 AM   #22
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

This was taken in Bahrain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwnUQ...ipcontrinter=1
Old 02-22-2011, 02:49 PM   #23
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpyonXero View Post
We've spent a fortune on essentially bribing the "King" of that shit hole into letting us base the US 5th fleet in his island "country."

Why?

To ensure our access to cheap Saudi oil....and don't even ask how much we've spent bribing/protecting THOSE assholes.

It's still amazing to me how many people drink the kool-aid...believe the lies our government tells us....that muslims hate us for our freedoms....for our different religion.

Maybe some of them do....but....

The vast majority of them hate us because we prop up dictators that do shit like what we just saw in that video because it suits our larger aims.

See?

Freedom and democracy are only words when access to oil is on the line. Otherwise, 100 million people living in Eygpt and elsewhere in the Middle East are only "equity to be managed" in the words of a member of government I saw on a Sunday morning talk show.

THEIR hopes? THEIR dreams of a better future for themselves or for their kids? Meaningless in OUR "big picture" of give us cheap oil.

Their hatred of us is grounded in the REAL world and we're stupid to EVER believe otherwise.
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 04:59 PM   #24
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

It makes me absolutely sick to my stomach that we the fucking Unites states of america have to let Oil Speculators control the fucking price of Oil.

If it hits 5$ a Gallon You will flat out see millions of people just stop driving all together. Theirs no way to afford it. I will literally be on my motorcycle Rain or shine at that point. The Ram is a thirsty bitch.

And the thing I love the most, all these car companies boast Higer MPG cars and going green and doing better things...Aint gonna offset the Already rising gas prices we are dealing with...so you had a 12 MPG truck before when gas was 2 dollars a gallon...Now it gets 20MPG but gas is 5 dollars a gallon...

You'll see ALOT of theft happening and people trying to scam gas stations over what was said and what was put into the car.

Buckle your seatbelts. it gonna get ugly
Old 02-22-2011, 05:01 PM   #25
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

And we still won't allow our own drilling
Old 02-22-2011, 05:04 PM   #26
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

From what I gather...Alaska is just sitting there waiting to be raped and pillaged...And ALSO if we drilled within the USA it would tumble prices to damn near 1$ a Gallon again.

I'm sorry but Fuck the wildlife.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:09 PM   #27
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
From what I gather...Alaska is just sitting there waiting to be raped and pillaged...And ALSO if we drilled within the USA it would tumble prices to damn near 1$ a Gallon again.

I'm sorry but Fuck the wildlife.
Don't forget all the shale lands in north flyover
Old 02-22-2011, 05:11 PM   #28
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Theres a mixed Argument...Half the assfucks who dont know for sure say it wouldnt make a difference, half of them say it would.

I say lets drill and supply ourselves and stop relying on countries who fucking hate us.

I can barely accept and afford 3$ a gallon...5$ is gonna make me contemplate trading my truck in.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:20 PM   #29
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
It makes me absolutely sick to my stomach that we the fucking Unites states of america have to let Oil Speculators control the fucking price of Oil.
What should REALLY make you sick to your stomach is the fact that we've known all along that the TRUE cost of oil (including the cost of maintaining our Empire in the Middle East to protect our access to the oil) is far too high....both in dollars and morality. We've also known all along that oil is a finite resource and that there ARE alternatives available.

Have we made a "Manhattan Project" scale effort and unlocking the potential of any alternatives?

Nope.....

Why?

Because Big Oil doesn't want us to.

So we whore ourselves out to murderous dictators while preaching "FREEDOM!!" and "DEMOCRACY!!"....never realizing that it is exactly THIS hypocrisy that inspires those people to hate us.
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:26 PM   #30
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Yeah...It all makes me sick. Fucking ridiculous. These Libiyan fucks are gonna drive prices up murder innocent people and demand the citizens of the country do what they say or well, you die.

Whats even worse is Ghadafi's Son...Dude is straight Postal...He's off his fucking rocker. That family isnt stepping down form anything anytime soon.