Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-24-2011, 03:39 PM   #21
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Dude, I figure you must be doing somewhat alright... I mean, if you can't make fun of yourself, who CAN you make fun of?
Missed this earlier ....

Yeah I'm alright just bored and starving. Bit yeah I hit the comedic lottery. Funny shit all the time
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:57 PM   #22
pickle.of.doom
el diablo de verde

Moto: VTR, CBR, DRZSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
That shows you how bad our moto racing has gotten in the states. Too bad it's NASCAR's fault AMA is the way it is.
You are probably right

Maybe this year will be better.....

WOS Forums
pickle.of.doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:01 PM   #23
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Lefty View Post
Missed this earlier ....

Yeah I'm alright just bored and starving. Bit yeah I hit the comedic lottery. Funny shit all the time
Man.... with your odds, you need to go pick some winning numbers.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:04 PM   #24
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Bikes are fun to watch cause you have done it, felt it, know what the rider is experiencing.
Stockcar Racing would be the same if you had experienced it too. But Nascar and its 500 lap races do not put on a good show. The races are a strategy and set up contest, no of which interests me.
Now if they were 30-100 lap races, where you went for it 100 pct from the green flag till the end it would be much better...

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:17 PM   #25
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
Bikes are fun to watch cause you have done it, felt it, know what the rider is experiencing.
Stockcar Racing would be the same if you had experienced it too. But Nascar and its 500 lap races do not put on a good show. The races are a strategy and set up contest, no of which interests me.
Now if they were 30-100 lap races, where you went for it 100 pct from the green flag till the end it would be much better...
NASCAR races are hardly ever 500 lap races. They are still too long, but not 500 lap long. Normally they are 400 or 500 mile long races. Laps are considerably less, depending on the size of the track. Bristol is a 500 lap race because the track is tiny. They go around in 15 seconds.

NASCAR could be interesting if they didn't govern it so much. Brought it back to actual stock car racing and let them use current technology instead of 50 year old shit. The engineering side of NASCAR to get the cars to be so perfect in the turns is kind of interesting to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 07:10 PM   #26
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
NASCAR races are hardly ever 500 lap races. They are still too long, but not 500 lap long. Normally they are 400 or 500 mile long races. Laps are considerably less, depending on the size of the track. Bristol is a 500 lap race because the track is tiny. They go around in 15 seconds.

NASCAR could be interesting if they didn't govern it so much. Brought it back to actual stock car racing and let them use current technology instead of 50 year old shit. The engineering side of NASCAR to get the cars to be so perfect in the turns is kind of interesting to me.
Hells yeh, some redneck driving a chevy malibu on stock tires going all out would be awesome, especially if they were allowed to use multiple cars at the same race after they got smashed up a bit.

A great race series that is running in the US is 24 hours of lemons, basically get a crappy car, add brakes tires and a roll cage, and if you make it to the end you have a shot at winning. As their slogan says, "its not just for rich idiots, its for all idiots"

http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/
Old 01-24-2011, 08:09 PM   #27
'73 H1 Triple
restorer of the original

Moto: '93 ZR1100 &'73 Kawasaki H1 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Lefty View Post
Apparently it's addictive Lmao ...

Left
left
left
Left

'73 H1 Triple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:42 PM   #28
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

The old dirt tracks I used to race were 1/4 to 1/2 mile long, in everything from that worn out street tired Malibu to fat tires modifieds...It was a blast. Ever changing track conditions, two 10 lap heats, and a 15 lap feature, balls out. Sometimes they would run a 25 or 50 lap 'special' but even those were too long, lap traffic city...

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:48 PM   #29
VatorMan
Wrap Yo Ass in Fiberglass

Moto: Feet

You have F1, IRC and Australian V8 champions in NASCAR. Why? It's the most popular racing there is. However, it's appeal is waining. More road courses, MAKE the manufacture make a car that is like what is being raced. I haven't seen a V8 Camry,Malibu or Fusion ever.

ALMS is the best racing ever. 4 classes on the track at the same time. What you see, you can buy. Wife and I will be working the Baltimore ALMS race. Spread the word.
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:42 PM   #30
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by VatorMan View Post
You have F1, IRC and Australian V8 champions in NASCAR. Why? It's the most popular racing there is. However, it's appeal is waining. More road courses, MAKE the manufacture make a car that is like what is being raced. I haven't seen a V8 Camry,Malibu or Fusion ever.

ALMS is the best racing ever. 4 classes on the track at the same time. What you see, you can buy. Wife and I will be working the Baltimore ALMS race. Spread the word.
i actually started watching when juan pablo defected. and promptly laughed my balls off listening to the braindead speed commentators wondering if he could hack it in nascar.
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote