Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-homo View Post
Parks with RV space.
True.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 11:57 PM   #22
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
The thing is, you need a place to "park" it.

James
Yep, otherwise you have no hookup to utilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-homo View Post
Parks with RV space.
yeah, it does look like you could easily put it into any RV campground, but there are obviously fees involved with that. A quick search shows it's close to $30 per night. If I'm going to pay $900 a month rent, I'll just buy a house. Hell, my mortgage, property taxes, and insurance combined is only $460. My house is 1000 sq. ft. living space, with an 800 sq. ft unfinished basement, a one car garage, and plenty of storage space. I hope to hell he's found a very cheap place to park that "home."
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:09 AM   #23
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post

yeah, it does look like you could easily put it into any RV campground, but there are obviously fees involved with that. A quick search shows it's close to $30 per night. If I'm going to pay $900 a month rent, I'll just buy a house. Hell, my mortgage, property taxes, and insurance combined is only $460. My house is 1000 sq. ft. living space, with an 800 sq. ft unfinished basement, a one car garage, and plenty of storage space. I hope to hell he's found a very cheap place to park that "home."
Good point about the fees. I knew there would be fees but I didn't think they would be that high. A mini home park would only charge about $150-300.

Maybe they would have discounted rates for long term stays. The first thing that came to my mind is what about northern areas? Are there a lot of rv parks that are open year round in the northern states or Canada?

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:19 AM   #24
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post

Looks like he just had a outside tank of water. Did he even have electricity? Maybe he just uses oil lamps?
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:28 AM   #25
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

fees depend on where and for how long you stay. I had my camper up north on a site. I left it there because it was cheaper then paying for storage down here. If I wanted to travel with it I just went up and got it.
My camp fees up there came out to $100 per month. not bad especially considering that included my elec usage.
I am currently trying to get myself back to living in a camper. tired of the house and all it's crap. it will still be a few years before I can completely "get out"
my last camper was totalled by a lightning strike.

I have lived in a 15 foot camper when I was a kid and as an adult I've lived in a pop up for a year, and a 16 footer for a year both times it was very fun. you always have friends around and there just never seems to be a bad day. light up a campfire and the day automatically gets better. LOL
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:32 AM   #26
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
The first thing that came to my mind is what about northern areas? Are there a lot of rv parks that are open year round in the northern states or Canada?

James
there are very few places up north that will allow year round camping. Up north being NC and above.
you can find some "trailer parks" that will allow an RV in if they have vacant spots. campgrounds all close up for the winter though.
where mine was I could stay in the unit all year but water was turned off Oct 15 for obvious reasons. we usually used it for deer hunting and then once or twice in winter just to "rough it". that camper was 26 foot with all the modern nec. we brought water up in 5 gal cans and it went well.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:59 AM   #27
caveman
mmmm, Beeeer

Moto: 08 HD Ultra

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallywacker View Post
After the army I don't want to live in tiny amounts of space again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
For sure, I've had enough of living "nutt to butt"
I would have to agree here with my military brethren. I lived in small spaces with other peeps and thats just not cool. Especially now that I have two kids and a wife.

Perhaps I could do with a garage with a loft over it once the kids are gone, but it would have to have the ammenities; kitchen, bathroom, and cable internet and the such. As long as I have space to store the cars and the cycle I don't really need the space after the kids are gone. But that little thing would be way to small for the long term.

Caveman

caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:19 AM   #28
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

If I was single and $$ was tight maybe so but being married and able to afford a little more....I like having the garage and the extra room.

I was also in the military so I know about living in limited space plus when my parents separated/divorce when I was a teenager my father being in the hotel/motel business and I lived in adjoining rooms for over a year at a Ramada Inn. Wasn't too bad to be honest with the pool plus me being able to eat free in the restaurant and all...pretty cool actually.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:23 AM   #29
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

I like it, seems simple and you could move around easy. My wife would never go for it.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:31 AM   #30
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

I do live in a super small apartment!
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote