Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 05-27-2008, 03:27 PM   #21
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
If I ever go mental, I'mma start shooting people responsible for gas prices first.
wait, what? I thought that already happened!! (the going mental part)

Got to be the ugliest thing I have ever seen!!! I am all about saving the environment and doing the best we can by our world, but DAYUM, they do need to make them more attractive. Thats just way to gay to ever be worth the cash you'll be throwing down on it...

You know they invented all the technology we need to never have to refuel back in the 70's...
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 03:30 PM   #22
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae View Post
You know they invented all the technology we need to never have to refuel back in the 70's...
Is it a car that runs on water? Did you watch the That 70's show marathon on yesterday?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 03:35 PM   #23
the chi
Forum Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Is it a car that runs on water? Did you watch the That 70's show marathon on yesterday?

Nah, I dont watch tv, I just remember the info on that car, I think it was a hydrogen run vehicle, and basically NEVER needed to be refueled, but the oil companies did block its production because it would put them out of business. But all the crap about its being so unstable and all was hype to scare people, the model, while it could be dangerous in certain circumstances (i think) it was perfectly viable...

its the same with the medical companies and such...there is technology in other countries that can actually cure or put into remission many forms of cancer, but they wont allow it in the states because it would make so many pharmacuetical companies obsolete...
Old 05-27-2008, 03:41 PM   #24
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Hydrogen fuel cell does need to be refilled. A small nuclear generator (which isn't remotely close to possible yet) is about the only thing you could hope for that would never need to be refilled for the life of the vehicle.
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 05-27-2008, 03:43 PM   #25
the chi
Forum Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Hydrogen fuel cell does need to be refilled. A small nuclear generator (which isn't remotely close to possible yet) is about the only thing you could hope for that would never need to be refilled for the life of the vehicle.
yeah, thats the one, it would run for thousands of miles before needing any type of maintenance...
Old 05-27-2008, 03:45 PM   #26
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae View Post
yeah, thats the one, it would run for thousands of miles before needing any type of maintenance...
It needs to be refilled pretty regularly. It's main problem is you still need to fuel to produce the hydrogen which will still be effected by rising fuel costs and there is no infrastructure to distribute it and that would make it very pricey to switchover from fossil.
Quote:
Old 05-27-2008, 04:09 PM   #27
the chi
Forum Coach

leave it to the engineer to make it uber civilian non friendly... i keep things basic...its all over my head...i just know the basic principle...and it looks decent...
Old 05-27-2008, 04:31 PM   #28
No Worries
Keyboard Racer

Moto: Old Superbikes

You guys don't remember when the 1982 Suzuki Katana came out: http://www.motorcyclemuseum.org/classics/bike.asp?id=31. Everyone thought it was the ugliest thing ever. It was designed to look radical, and by 1982 standards, it was.

As for different engines, I remember when I was a teenager at the 1964-65 World's Fair in NY. Chrysler had a turbine car that they would run around a track: http://www.motortrend.com/classic/fe...car/index.html. They said it could run on anything flammable, including Tequila. I liked to watch it go around for the sound it made. A whine that would put the gear whine of a VFR to shame. I think the problem was the extreme heat it put out.

And for a car that doesn't have to be refilled, you start with water, man, then you crack it with electricity to make hydrogen and oxygen. The engine runs on the hydrogen, makes electricity to crack the exhaust, which is water, and that is recycled back as the fuel.
No Worries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 04:45 PM   #29
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

they were right about that katana... it is ugly
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 05:30 PM   #30
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

hey tiggs a fork is still a fork. i want none whatsoever. gimmie bimota's tesi steering on a cbr1000 or maybe that v5 they keep promising us and i'll be beating down the door with cash in hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Worries View Post
You guys don't remember when the 1982 Suzuki Katana came out: http://www.motorcyclemuseum.org/classics/bike.asp?id=31. Everyone thought it was the ugliest thing ever. It was designed to look radical, and by 1982 standards, it was.

As for different engines, I remember when I was a teenager at the 1964-65 World's Fair in NY. Chrysler had a turbine car that they would run around a track: http://www.motortrend.com/classic/fe...car/index.html. They said it could run on anything flammable, including Tequila. I liked to watch it go around for the sound it made. A whine that would put the gear whine of a VFR to shame. I think the problem was the extreme heat it put out.

And for a car that doesn't have to be refilled, you start with water, man, then you crack it with electricity to make hydrogen and oxygen. The engine runs on the hydrogen, makes electricity to crack the exhaust, which is water, and that is recycled back as the fuel.

yeah the turbine cars were friggin awesome, run on anything but its very hard to smog a turbine. i think that was why the project was cancelled. they got so far as lending cars to familys for everyday durability trials

Last edited by Dave; 05-27-2008 at 05:35 PM..
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote