tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Moto: 2010 Ducati Hypermotard

Anyone ever listen to dying fetus?
Old 04-22-2008, 11:27 PM   #22
Mudpuppy
South of Heaven

Moto: 2006 Yamaha R1 50th Anniversary Edition

fuck metallica.. wah wah people stole our music on napster.. if they fucking made music worth a fuck anymore people might want to still steal it.. bunch of whiny little pussies like their music.. their last good album was and justice for all - anything after that is complete bullshit.. fucking sellouts..

Learn about photography: ATP Members
Mudpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 01:41 PM   #23
Bassplayer
No, I dont play drums too

Moto: SV 650
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
fuck metallica.. wah wah people stole our music on napster.. if they fucking made music worth a fuck anymore people might want to still steal it.. bunch of whiny little pussies like their music.. their last good album was and justice for all - anything after that is complete bullshit.. fucking sellouts..
Well, as a musician myself, i understand their stance. And at that time, nothing had ever had happened like that before, it was all new technology. Seemed a bit scary to them. (i know they have boat loads of money, but put yourselves in their shoes too) To have your "product" -the music- being taken without permission. I'd be pissed too.

Meanwhile from a listeners perspective, if i like the music im listening to, ill buy it in the store. I want the originals anyway.

Bob Rock corrupted them. filled them with versions of grandure. then dropped them off the planet away from their fans... keeping them "mainstream"
All the fans wanted was Metallica, when all we got was "watered down Metallica" Very disappointing to most fans. But you can't please everybody at the same time. (aka please producers or please fans?... should seem no brainer... but when money corrupts... you end up screwed out of the good)

Old 04-24-2008, 04:52 PM   #24
Mudpuppy
South of Heaven

well i am a musician as well and they just handled it all wrong.. they would be ok if it was an avenue to make them money and get them popular.. whatever that is long over.. the only thing left is the funny ass videos with lars and james in the cop cars busting people for d/l their music..

good post though.. i can understand and respect your perspective..

i have been to at least 20 metallica concerts - from the very beginning through the black album.. i can even somewhat tolerate the black album.. i was one of their biggest fans.. but their new music, imo, just sucks.. i moved on to bigger and better things..

Old 04-24-2008, 05:11 PM   #25
WARputer
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 2005 Hayabusa

Quote:
i was one of their biggest fans.. but their new music, imo, just sucks.. i moved on to bigger and better things..
I can somewhat agree with that .....most of the newer stuff I could live without. So what's bigger & better .....I'm all ears, seriously !
Old 04-24-2008, 10:58 PM   #26
Mudpuppy
South of Heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARputer View Post
I can somewhat agree with that .....most of the newer stuff I could live without. So what's bigger & better .....I'm all ears, seriously !
Well I used to be huge in the music scene and I could tell you every band, etc.

Lately I have been digging System of a Down.. Mesmerize and Hyponotize remain 2 CDs in my 6 disc changer in the car.. Disturbed is ok - but I really don't like all their music - they have flashes of brillance like Sickness but then they lose me with some of their other shit - seems like filler or something. I don't know not too much else new really interests me. It seems like either I am completely out of touch or the music scene drastically changed. I still listen to alot of older shit like Black Sabbath, old Metallica, Pantera, Machinehead, Static X, Danzig, Staind, White Zombie, Rob Zombie, etc. I find myself sometimes listening to the radio and due to repetition over and over and over I start liking some of the bullshit on the radio that is new.

Old 04-25-2008, 08:26 AM   #27
Rider
Moto GP Star

If you like the heavier stuff, have I got a list for you.. A lot of it is Black Metal and it makes Disturbed look like easy listening.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:36 AM   #28
WARputer
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 2005 Hayabusa

Quote:
I still listen to alot of older shit like Black Sabbath, old Metallica, Pantera, Machinehead, Static X, Danzig, Staind, White Zombie, Rob Zombie, etc. I find myself sometimes listening to the radio and due to repetition over and over and over I start liking some of the bullshit on the radio that is new.
Yep....I got alot of that on my Mp3 too....except the Pantera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
If you like the heavier stuff, have I got a list for you.. A lot of it is Black Metal and it makes Disturbed look like easy listening.
Throw some out there Rider .....I'm always game to hear some new stuff.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:54 AM   #29
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARputer View Post

Throw some out there Rider .....I'm always game to hear some new stuff.
Now most of these arent "new" but they are heavy as fuck and I like em...

Trivium - My favorite band..
Arch Enemy
Sworn Enemy
Cavalera Conspiracy
In Flames
Agnostic Front
Death Angel
3 Inches of Blood
Lamb of God
Killswitch Engage
Children Of Bodom
Behemoth
Satyricon
Iced Earth
Job For A Cowboy
Amon Amarth
Soilwork

Just to name a few. Start with that and let me know what you think.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:11 AM   #30
Mudpuppy
South of Heaven

Yeah I dig Lamb of God.. they are pretty sweet..

Agnostic Front and Death Angel are two in my mix of MP3s.. They are ok..

Killswitch Engage is pretty sweet.. saw them on the second stage at Ozzfest when they first started out.. I have some of their shit..

The rest I will have to check out..

I used to like only the heaviest shit but I am getting old and soft so I also listen to alot of shit 20 years ago I would have snubbed.. That and Mrs. MP likes 80s rock so on a road trip listening to 3" of Blood is out of the question - so I try to compromise and listen to some weak shit.. And like I said repetition, the whole reason radio station exists, starts to make you think its good..

I do like a wide variety of music but I prefer death metal and punk..

But it sounds like a could have a whole new soundtrack for my MP3 player with that list.. thanks for the tip.. I will check them out and let you know what I think.. There is a good "record" shop that specializes in non-mainstream music nearby that I haven't been to in awhile.. sounds like I need to go drop a c note on some new CDs..