Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-16-2009, 12:37 PM   #21
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple View Post
I know that SlimFast isn't very healthy, but it should still result in weight loss, no?

reduced calorie intake + increased calorie burning = weight loss

except not
Not important...dont waste time pondering.

It's not uncommon to have your weight remain constant as heavier muscle displaces chubba wubba.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 01:15 PM   #22
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Also: the 18-19 year old kids who spend their time in the gym standing around talking with their buddies, working out maybe 15 minutes of the hour they're there, yet still sport six-pack abs, as I sweat my ass off and want to barf, really piss me off.
Thats called "youth"....
Pay no mind to that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 01:44 PM   #23
lauralynne
667:Neighbor of the Beast

Moto: VTR1000, SV650, FZR400, CRF150

you're not eating enough. and you're missing a lot of protein which is what your muscles need to repair (build) themselves.

knock the slimfast off. Try protein bars or make your own protein shakes.

If you're getting 20+ minutes of cardio a day plus trying to build muscle, then you need 1800-2000 calories a day. Split it up into 4-6 meals/snacks. spread them throughout the day. Don't skip a meal, especially breakfast.

Track that for a week or so and then adjust based on how you're feeling (less energy, more calories - a workout shouldn't leave you completely pooped out). If you're still not losing enough, try cutting calories by 100-200 - but not much more. Your body goes into starvation mode and you won't lose an ounce, you'll gain weight as your body prepares for less food.
don't forget water - as much as you can drink.

Married my best friend 8/30/09
lauralynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 01:45 PM   #24
OneNotSoSickPsycho
Squidliest

Moto: OSP

I saw this in a magazine some time ago, and although you can never be too sure what's in a magazine, it looks like it kind of makes sense....

http://www.slimforce7.com/

And I definitely agree with the sleep thing. You have to try and control that to lose weight.
I have sleep deprivation from time to time, but I only have phases and it messes with my hypoglycemia. It sucks.

ALSO, I heard chewing gum constantly helps you lose weight...don't know if it's true, and I'm too lazy to google it...so just thought I'd throw that out there...It's probably a big lie though...
Old 09-16-2009, 01:49 PM   #25
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
Also: the 18-19 year old kids who spend their time in the gym standing around talking with their buddies, working out maybe 15 minutes of the hour they're there, yet still sport six-pack abs, as I sweat my ass off and want to barf, really piss me off.
I have a theory about them (as well as the girls who stand there looking hot on the treadmills closest to the weight machines, walking at 0.5 mph, never so much as a bead of sweat, and yet have 2% body fat): I think they come in at 4:00 a.m., when no one is in the gym, to get their REAL workout on, then they come back between 5:00 and 8:00 p.m. when the gym is crowded, so they can be "seen."
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 01:56 PM   #26
CasterTroy

I've lost 32 pounds since July 24 of this year.

I did it simply by eating right, but not at all by eating less. As a matter of fact I eat more now than ever.

I didn't set OUT to lose weight, it was a secondary benefit to getting healthier.

At 36 I didn't want to die like so many in my family.....diabetes, heart attacks, cancer...etc and after years of KNOWING that I was eating poorly a friend finally pushed me over the edge. At 32 he tried to get life insurance for his family but was denied due to weight (350 pounds at 6’-4”) and he found a healthy solution to his weight and eating.

When I saw that he’d lost 160 pounds in less than a year and was running marathons I was beside myself…because he was a BIG guy in HS….always HAS been.

I asked HIM how he got in such great health.

He simply said…I bought a book

I was really skeptical and hated “diets” but it’s so much more than JUST a diet. This is a way of life. A change.

Written by a cardiologist that grew tired of seeing his patients dying a needless death, Dr Fuhrman put together a rational look at WHY we’re killing ourselves slowly as a nation, and then educates you into WANTING to do the right thing. Which is 90% of your diet from unrefined plant based foods.

For 6 weeks I ate VEGAN (something I never EVER saw me EVER doing) but it worked wonders for me.

I feel great and I hope to be down to my ideal weight before Christmas. And thanks to friends I have the right exercise equipment and tools needed to get in shape.

In this book he outlines a body builder that’s a vegan and competing….so I’m sure there is a way for someone who wants to body build to get in peak fitness.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:59 PM   #27
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
I've lost 32 pounds since July 24 of this year.

I did it simply by eating right, but not at all by eating less. As a matter of fact I eat more now than ever.

I didn't set OUT to lose weight, it was a secondary benefit to getting healthier.

At 36 I didn't want to die like so many in my family.....diabetes, heart attacks, cancer...etc and after years of KNOWING that I was eating poorly a friend finally pushed me over the edge. At 32 he tried to get life insurance for his family but was denied due to weight (350 pounds at 6’-4”) and he found a healthy solution to his weight and eating.

When I saw that he’d lost 160 pounds in less than a year and was running marathons I was beside myself…because he was a BIG guy in HS….always HAS been.

I asked HIM how he got in such great health.

He simply said…I bought a book

I was really skeptical and hated “diets” but it’s so much more than JUST a diet. This is a way of life. A change.

Written by a cardiologist that grew tired of seeing his patients dying a needless death, Dr Fuhrman put together a rational look at WHY we’re killing ourselves slowly as a nation, and then educates you into WANTING to do the right thing. Which is 90% of your diet from unrefined plant based foods.

For 6 weeks I ate VEGAN (something I never EVER saw me EVER doing) but it worked wonders for me.

I feel great and I hope to be down to my ideal weight before Christmas. And thanks to friends I have the right exercise equipment and tools needed to get in shape.

In this book he outlines a body builder that’s a vegan and competing….so I’m sure there is a way for someone who wants to body build to get in peak fitness.

Holy shit Troy, that's awesome!! You sound like an infommercial!

I always wonder how vegans get protein....I might just have to go take a look at this book over lunch. (instead of eating my leftover pizza )
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 02:04 PM   #28
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
My wife consumes more calories than I do, loves fried and processed foods, and weighs 95 pounds. Fairly toned, too, especially in the midsection. She doesn't exercise. The only justice to be found here is that although she looks like she works out, she can't climb a flight of stairs without getting winded or lift anything weighing much more than 30 pounds.
So she's got freakish metabolism.. But I'm sure she's the exception, not the rule. (please, let her be the exception, lest I have to create voodoo dolls of every one of those girls at the gym for ALSO being blessed with freakish metabolism )
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 02:06 PM   #29
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather View Post
I always wonder how vegans get protein....

There's more protein in a head of romain lettuce than in a 12 oz steak.

How do you think a rhino gets so damn big?

Both these I got from the book
Old 09-16-2009, 02:08 PM   #30
lauralynne
667:Neighbor of the Beast

Moto: VTR1000, SV650, FZR400, CRF150

Quote:
I don't want to build muscle; at least, not in the sense that I want bigger muscles. I want to cut fat and increase definition.
I'm not talking about being a body builder - I'm talking definition and increased metabolism. More muscles (again - not BULK muscles, just defined) will burn more calories at rest. in order to build any kind of muscles, you need more protein in your diet.

Married my best friend 8/30/09
lauralynne is offline   Reply With Quote