Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-30-2010, 09:47 AM   #21
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looni2ns View Post
NEVER trust ANYONE with your credit cards. Sorry, but speak from experience. If you are worried about a vet bill, contact the vet, let them know who will be keeping your pets, and give them permission to treat in an emergency, then you can give them cc info over the phone. Otherwise, a prepaid cc hidden in the house until needed sounds like a good way to go.

My vet even requires a signed authorization, just like you do with the kids.
This.

Or, contact your Vet and have a card on account with them.

I've had friends stay over and watch Sadie for me. There hasn't ever been an issue - incidentals have always been taken care of and we settled up on any money when I came home.

Do NOT forget to get something from your trip as a thank you to your friend

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:48 AM   #22
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
I may be the anomaly here. How good a friend is she? Have you known her a long time?

If she's not *that* good a friend that you would automatically trust her with your CC, why would you trust her with your dog?

I would trust my best friend with my life, and everything down from there. If we were in your situation, it wouldn't even need to be said. Things would be taken care of and we would square up with each other later.
Yep. If I couldnt trust someone to hold an emergency credit card then I wouldnt trust them with a key to my house either.

I dont think you should have them sign anything, if you feel like you need them to sign something then you should find someone else to watch your dog. In fact, if I were your friend and you asked me to sign a form saying I promise not to steal from you Id tell you to find someone else to do it.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:37 AM   #23
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissHell View Post
That's a great idea!

I had a friend who had someone cat-sitting, that she gave "emergency money", the sitter spent the money and left the cat home alone for days.
how much sitting do cats need? As long as food and water is available and the box was recently cleaned im pretty sure mine wouldnt care if i was gone
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:42 AM   #24
Cruzergirl
Its a good day.

Moto: Victory Kingpin Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
how much sitting do cats need? As long as food and water is available and the box was recently cleaned im pretty sure mine wouldnt care if i was gone
My Maine Coon thrives on attention. I can tell when I go away for a couple of days, she is glued to my side for at least that long when I get back.
Cruzergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:56 PM   #25
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

If my friend couldn't be trusted with a credit card "just for emergencies" I wouldn't trust them to watch my house/dogs.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 02:20 PM   #26
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

I like the idea of keeping a CC on file with the Vet.

I left Puggy at Daniel's place when I went back to NY for the wedding. I gave him a CC , I figured if anything happened, I can verify with the vet's office. I would never put a CC in anyone's name.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 02:29 PM   #27
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post
If my friend couldn't be trusted with a credit card "just for emergencies" I wouldn't trust them to watch my house/dogs.
If I could tell you how many solid, 20-year friendships I had seen ended by money......

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 02:32 PM   #28
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpyonXero View Post
Yep. If I couldnt trust someone to hold an emergency credit card then I wouldnt trust them with a key to my house either.

I dont think you should have them sign anything, if you feel like you need them to sign something then you should find someone else to watch your dog. In fact, if I were your friend and you asked me to sign a form saying I promise not to steal from you Id tell you to find someone else to do it.
Agreed.

And, if I was going to spend money to have my dog taken care of, i'd just bring her to a kennel with a good reputation.

But giving a credit card and asking to sign a release is pretty ridiculous. Plus, that type of stuff usually doesnt hold up in court, because its not notarized.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 03:57 PM   #29
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

I'd rather a friend look after a dog any day over a kennel. I just don't trust kennels.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:43 PM   #30
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
I'd rather a friend look after a dog any day over a kennel. I just don't trust kennels.
Well, a good kennel is a far better place to keep an animal, than leaving it with a friend. Im not talking bubba who keeps the dogs in a cage in his backyard, im talking about good, reputable kennels, and theres plenty out there.

They are much happier in a kennel with other dogs for a few days, than they are home with a stranger they dont know.

I hate that people hear of a few bad kennels and automaticly assume that all kennels are the same. My dogs vet reccomends certain kennels for owners that she deals with and knows are reputable. I'd rather them then a 'friend' I need to pay to half ass look after my dog.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote