Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-10-2010, 11:40 AM   #1
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

You guys realize myself, and women like me, detest the vile women that do this bullshit too.. right? It makes my job harder because the court almost makes it difficult for me to do right by the kids. Fuck everyone else in the scenario - do right by the kids.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:48 AM   #2
sherri_chickie
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: Gs500F

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
You guys realize myself, and women like me, detest the vile women that do this bullshit too.. right? It makes my job harder because the court almost makes it difficult for me to do right by the kids. Fuck everyone else in the scenario - do right by the kids.
This
sherri_chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:48 AM   #3
Rider
Moto GP Star

I don't know why they make it so difficult. There should be a standard amount it costs to raise a child. If one parent has full custody then then the other parent pays 50% of the standard amount. If custody is split 50/50, then no child support should have to be paid by either half. It isn't rocket science but I guess if it was that easy there would be a lot of attorneys out of business.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:21 PM   #4
MILK
The cows want you dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
If custody is split 50/50, then no child support should have to be paid by either half.
In my state even if you share custody 50/50 the parent with the lower income can apply for child support from the other parent.
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:46 PM   #5
Cory
Kneedragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILK View Post
In my state even if you share custody 50/50 the parent with the lower income can apply for child support from the other parent.
That is
Cory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:55 PM   #6
Cory
Kneedragger

wow Tommy, that is just awful

I know the only reason my Dad was awarded custody of all of us was because my Mom flat out did not show up to any of the hearings. They didn't care what he had to say. Back in the 80's giving a father full custody was unheard of.

My brother is fighting for custody of his son right now because his whore of an ex gf is an abusive drunk. Never to his son (yet) but she would go out, party all night, come home shit faced and beat the shit out of him and break stuff around the house until she passed out. And no matter what the police reports say or how much $$ he throws at his lawyer he is never really HEARD in court.
Old 03-10-2010, 03:03 PM   #7
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
I don't know why they make it so difficult. There should be a standard amount it costs to raise a child. If one parent has full custody then then the other parent pays 50% of the standard amount. If custody is split 50/50, then no child support should have to be paid by either half. It isn't rocket science but I guess if it was that easy there would be a lot of attorneys out of business.
What out there has a standard cost?

Broccoli here costs 99 cents but over there it might cost 1.29....so how in the heck would you ever figure out a standard cost? And then, how would you ever figure out what would be included in that standard cost?
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:53 AM   #8
sherri_chickie
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: Gs500F

I think that sometimes one parent or the other only wants the child 50% of the time so that they don't have to pay child support. I personally think that both parents, unless there is a safety concern, should have equal time with the kids, and if the parent with primary custody is unwilling to let the other parent see the kid, then they shouldn't have rights to any more $ either. The person getting hurt the most is the child in these situations. Even talking the other parent down wears on a child and causes real issues. Hate your x if you want, but keep it away from the kid.
sherri_chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:30 PM   #9
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

I'm curious, what do y'all determine 50/50? And, who takes care of school enrollments, extra-curricular fees, clothing, school meal accounts, etc? Don't tell me the parents would communicate and split those evenly - that doesn't happen when married

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:45 PM   #10
Cory
Kneedragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
I'm curious, what do y'all determine 50/50? And, who takes care of school enrollments, extra-curricular fees, clothing, school meal accounts, etc? Don't tell me the parents would communicate and split those evenly - that doesn't happen when married
Seriously! How the hell do you split a 12 yr old 50/50? I can see when they are babies and not in school etc.

MI courts blow. My Mom still owes my Dad around $25,000 from when I was a little.