Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 05-18-2010, 08:49 PM   #21
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
On the High School level I think a GED actually looks better than a HS diploma. You actually have to try for a GED.
GED means you couldn't cut it in high school.
Ya might not wanna go flashing yur GED around a real job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 04:13 PM   #22
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
GED means you couldn't cut it in high school.
Ya might not wanna go flashing yur GED around a real job
GED means you didn't attend high school and tried later. HS diploma means you showed up. It was also meant to be sarcastic because our government education system is fucked up and a HS diploma means shit now.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:38 PM   #23
pauldun170
Serious Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
GED means you didn't attend high school and tried later. HS diploma means you showed up. It was also meant to be sarcastic because our government education system is fucked up and a HS diploma means shit now.
Maybe your Government Education system sucks.
Not mine..

GED is still FTL round here.

Quote:
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
Old 05-19-2010, 04:39 PM   #24
pauldun170
Serious Business

Actually...I wouldn't know.
A lot has changed since I graduated high school.

Quote:
Old 05-19-2010, 05:09 PM   #25
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

GED was always considered the stoner/burnout route in my day.......

These days it's evolved into something different, like maybe someone had a child and needed to drop out of HS, or they decided to join the NBA, or do volunteer work overseas....

As to whether a HS diploma is better or worse than a GED, that would depend on the school system I guess. Some are better uses of time than others.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 05:14 PM   #26
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

My kid quit HS and took the GED test and passed a year early. She was just so far ahead of the school system here, that they were just holding her back.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:33 PM   #27
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

Quote:

“It is true that we need more nanosurgeons than we did 10 to 15 years ago,” said Professor Vedder, founder of the Center for College Affordability and Productivity, a research nonprofit in Washington. “But the numbers are still relatively small compared to the numbers of nurses’ aides we’re going to need. We will need hundreds of thousands of them over the next decade.”

Among the top 10 growing job categories, two require college degrees: accounting (a bachelor’s) and postsecondary teachers (a doctorate). But this growth is expected to be dwarfed by the need for registered nurses, home health aides, customer service representatives and store clerks. None of those jobs require a bachelor’s degree.
Though I agree a college degree isn't necessary to get a job...what is up with these 2 statements?

I'll take the college degree and become a surgeon...I can't afford to live off a nurse's aid's salary. They make like $10 here and not only wipe up shit but have to take a lot of shit....

Sure there are growing fields that don't require a degree, but for the jobs mentioned above, I rather get a degree and make more money. I am not going to forgo schooling to be a store clerk for the rest of my life. And you need a bachelors in nursing to get hired these days...

Last edited by Tsunami; 05-19-2010 at 06:35 PM..
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 06:35 PM   #28
pdog
Refugee

Moto: Pimped 2005 SV650

People get college degrees so they DON'T have to become a CSR or a store clerk. Those jobs suck.
pdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 07:17 PM   #29
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
Though I agree a college degree isn't necessary to get a job...what is up with these 2 statements?

I'll take the college degree and become a surgeon...I can't afford to live off a nurse's aid's salary. They make like $10 here and not only wipe up shit but have to take a lot of shit....

Sure there are growing fields that don't require a degree, but for the jobs mentioned above, I rather get a degree and make more money. I am not going to forgo schooling to be a store clerk for the rest of my life. And you need a bachelors in nursing to get hired these days...
I didn't even know you could become an RN without a Bachelor's
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 09:41 PM   #30
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post

Thats a whole other topic, paying people a living wage to do the jobs we need them to.