Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-04-2009, 04:15 PM   #21
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

the sad thing is they've offered a good enough product to become almost required in our lives... but won't go any further... they just slowly increase rates and useless features...

there also the only companies I can think of that don't do shit for long term customers but actually reward those that jump company to company with savings, special plans, ect...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 04:19 PM   #22
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

We all know why this is the case... fucking lobbys and our piss poor system of gov't! It's the same with TV. When I was overseas I was AMAZED at how much better their system is. All the large corporations "convince" congress that we must protect the status quo so they can stay in business.

Fuck,the thing that pisses me off most about our cell companies is the god damn way they get the phone manufactures to "downgrade" their phones in the U.S. so a lot of the features don't work for us. Especially fucking Wifi! Almost...nah fucking ALL smart phones are developed with WiFi capability but the carriers have it removed so they can fuck us in the ass with their piss poor "3G" bullshit networks. I'll take the "Pepsi challenge" using my PSP against any phone on 3G!

Almost all phones are GPS capable and could work like a normal GPS unit WITHOUT paying any fees. The only company that actually did that,to my knowledge was Helio. I got Google maps/satellite for no extra charge with them. It just fucking sucks to see the same phone that I have,that doesn't do shit,just about suck a guy's dick in Singapore! They made a big deal out of the AM/FM radio in my new phone...big whoop they can put a radio in an earing now a days. Shit,they've had "video calling" for YEARS overseas and we are just now getting a taste of it here. Shit,I drop calls if I get 5 miles out of town in some places! Oh and BTW it fucking blows that almost ALL channels are broadcast in HD in Japan and we are just now going digital tv! WTF!!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 04:25 PM   #23
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
the sad thing is they've offered a good enough product to become almost required in our lives... but won't go any further... they just slowly increase rates and useless features...

there also the only companies I can think of that don't do shit for long term customers but actually reward those that jump company to company with savings, special plans, ect...

Oh motherfucker you got that right!!! I've changed companies every 1-2 years because my existing company basically tells me to fuck off or offers a better deal to some smuck coming in off the street. You're almost cast in the role of an idiot if you stay with a cell company more than two years. Hell,my favorite feeling is signing a contract with a company and a few weeks later watching them give away the phone you just got for half as much on a plan that offers twice the minutes for less money. You call them and they inform you that that offer is for "new customers only" !!!!!!!!!
Old 01-04-2009, 04:44 PM   #24
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
We all know why this is the case... fucking lobbys and our piss poor system of gov't! It's the same with TV. When I was overseas I was AMAZED at how much better their system is. All the large corporations "convince" congress that we must protect the status quo so they can stay in business.

Fuck,the thing that pisses me off most about our cell companies is the god damn way they get the phone manufactures to "downgrade" their phones in the U.S. so a lot of the features don't work for us. Especially fucking Wifi! Almost...nah fucking ALL smart phones are developed with WiFi capability but the carriers have it removed so they can fuck us in the ass with their piss poor "3G" bullshit networks. I'll take the "Pepsi challenge" using my PSP against any phone on 3G!

Almost all phones are GPS capable and could work like a normal GPS unit WITHOUT paying any fees. The only company that actually did that,to my knowledge was Helio. I got Google maps/satellite for no extra charge with them. It just fucking sucks to see the same phone that I have,that doesn't do shit,just about suck a guy's dick in Singapore! They made a big deal out of the AM/FM radio in my new phone...big whoop they can put a radio in an earing now a days. Shit,they've had "video calling" for YEARS overseas and we are just now getting a taste of it here. Shit,I drop calls if I get 5 miles out of town in some places! Oh and BTW it fucking blows that almost ALL channels are broadcast in HD in Japan and we are just now going digital tv! WTF!!
no doubt... I love how people think we're on the cutting edge... far from it my friend... far from it

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Oh motherfucker you got that right!!! I've changed companies every 1-2 years because my existing company basically tells me to fuck off or offers a better deal to some smuck coming in off the street. You're almost cast in the role of an idiot if you stay with a cell company more than two years. Hell,my favorite feeling is signing a contract with a company and a few weeks later watching them give away the phone you just got for half as much on a plan that offers twice the minutes for less money. You call them and they inform you that that offer is for "new customers only" !!!!!!!!!
no doubt... I switched from AT&T to cingular when Cingular bought them out... and 2 weeks after moving over... they offered the phone I wanted for $100 with a 2 year plan... but I couldn't get it cause I was considered a current customer so my price was $275. fucking bullshit... I absolutly hated Cingluar for everything but the roll over minutes... but they fucked me with those too... I had 1600 roll over minutes when I got back from Iraq... well I talked up to a week before my billing cycle... and called and canceld my phone... and even though I'd only used 1200 of those minutes... they pro-rated my monthly minutes and CANCLED OUT my roll over minutes... so instead of having 400 mins to spare... I had a bill for 1400 minutes... at $.48 a minute!!!! and better yet they didn't tell me that when I canceled... had to find out 4 months later when a collections office called... yeah.. FUCK CINGULAR.
Old 01-04-2009, 04:53 PM   #25
Lamnidae
CMDLINE

Moto: 2008 Black/Grey Hayabusa

i'd say f'k it all and be like the crazy australian dude

he went around taking down a cell tower with a "borrowed" tank
Lamnidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 04:59 PM   #26
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

naw cause they're probably insured for 3x their worth... and it'd give the cell companies another excuse why they had to run up prices...

like the fuck'n gas companies
Old 01-04-2009, 07:00 PM   #27
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

I don't know how many times my weak ass has thought about cutting these knuckle fuckers off but I'm addicted!
Old 01-04-2009, 07:05 PM   #28
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

I hate my cell phone... but it's come in handy enough for me to deal with it...

I could do with out all the tv, music, games ect streemed to my phone... if I could just talk coast to coast with 0 dead spots... fuck I can't even go down I-5 with out loosing signal!
Old 01-04-2009, 07:51 PM   #29
Lamnidae
CMDLINE

Moto: 2008 Black/Grey Hayabusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
I hate my cell phone... but it's come in handy enough for me to deal with it...

I could do with out all the tv, music, games ect streemed to my phone... if I could just talk coast to coast with 0 dead spots... fuck I can't even go down I-5 with out loosing signal!
where the hell is I-5?
Lamnidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:29 PM   #30
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Seattle to LA