Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-17-2008, 06:14 PM   #21
Ducati Diva
just learning

Moto: 1996 M900

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Do you need a valid DL to take the MSF?
I don't know if all states are the same but I recently took a MSF class and they made me show my DL and entered the number into my paperwork. After passing the class they gave me a card with my DL # on it to give to the DMV.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:25 PM   #22
Hondahugger
Better Off

But that doesn't mean that the license is valid. I can hand them my license and they can write the number down just the same.

My concern is getting this taken care of. Problem is that I didn't know anything about this and the finance company came and took my truck until I get it all straightened out.

They won't give it back until I get a new insurance policy on it and get my licence fixed and all of that.

I don't know, its just a big cluster fuck and I have no clue how it all happened and why I wasn't notified, at least by my insurance company!
Hondahugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 06:26 PM   #23
Ninjakel
Post whorette

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600-

I can't believe that your insurance company nor your finance company didn't notify you when it happened.

--Ron Burgundy--
Anchorman
Ninjakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 06:32 PM   #24
Ducati Diva
just learning

Moto: 1996 M900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondahugger View Post
But that doesn't mean that the license is valid. I can hand them my license and they can write the number down just the same.

My concern is getting this taken care of. Problem is that I didn't know anything about this and the finance company came and took my truck until I get it all straightened out.

They won't give it back until I get a new insurance policy on it and get my licence fixed and all of that.

I don't know, its just a big cluster fuck and I have no clue how it all happened and why I wasn't notified, at least by my insurance company!
Man that just sucks!!! I hope you can get it worked out and fast. It's got to be a big pain in the ass to be without a vechile. If they took your truck do you still have to make payments while it's not in your possesion?
Old 12-17-2008, 06:37 PM   #25
Hondahugger
Better Off

I sure do. And the lady that I spoke to at the finance company said depending on how long it takes to get it taken care of, they might make me go through the loan application process again.

Finance companies are all terrified right now from the economy.

Let's just say that Christmas is just about nonexistent at this point!
Hondahugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 06:40 PM   #26
VatorMan
Wrap Yo Ass in Fiberglass

Moto: Feet

Good luck. I know MVA around here puts you through hell to get anything corrected.
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 06:46 PM   #27
HRCNICK11
Canyon Carver

Have you checked your credit report yet? You should get on it and it might show more dates that could help you figure out when it all started.

I would also call a lawyer they will be able to get through this way faster than you.
HRCNICK11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 06:48 PM   #28
HRCNICK11
Canyon Carver

Did you move or something I would think you would have gotten letters in the mail from the DMV when the tickets were not paid.

I would not be surprized if some one has you same name and said they did not have there DL on them you might have been the top one on the list.

I know a guy that spent a few nights in jail (over Christmas no less) because some one with the same name had a bench warrant for unpaid child support. This guy was married and had only one child with that woman. He ended up getting 3/4 of a million for his missed christmas.

Last edited by HRCNICK11; 12-17-2008 at 06:51 PM..
Old 12-17-2008, 06:50 PM   #29
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Good grief, that is awful. I agree, it sounds like a case of identity theft. I sure hope not, for your sake!!! GL to you.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 08:07 PM   #30
HRCNICK11
Canyon Carver

I'm betting you will not be the first person to claim "it was not me" so I would talk with a lawyer.