Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-03-2009, 08:55 PM   #21
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

No, I always park next to the building whenever possible.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:31 PM   #22
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownroad View Post
I can only figure that the spot must be for handicapped motorcycle riders?
Old 11-03-2009, 09:39 PM   #23
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

In MS that will get you ticketed... if it has a blue curb or blue line on it... it's a handicap zone.

even the YELLOW hashes and boxes if you park in them it's a $20 fine... fuck'n ghey... got a ticket from a cop for doing just that... parked there for 3 months... then all of a sudden... boom... but yet I have 7 cops that park with in 40 feet of my bike... and none of them say anything...

also ghey that Gulfport PD patrols gated apartment complexes to write parking tickets...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:15 AM   #24
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post

also ghey that Gulfport PD patrols gated apartment complexes to write parking tickets...
I hope the owners are reimbursing the city for patrolling private property.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 07:21 AM   #25
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
I hope the owners are reimbursing the city for patrolling private property.
They call them "courtesy officers'' so I imagine they don't... other than (judging by how many officers live here) a steep discount on rent
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:44 AM   #26
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
not sure of legality, but i wouldn't do it cause of the high traffic area with lots of stupid people around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racedoll View Post
I park in the hash marks at Walmart, they are not next to a handicap spot, just a normal parking space so I figure I can't be any worse than the douchebags that park in the fire lane up by the building.
I won't go to Walmart because of the stupid level in their parking lot.

Srsly

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:48 AM   #27
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
As long as you've asked the owner/manager first. Otherwise I'll bet he could probably have you towed.
It depends, if its not clearly marked, which that isnt, the owner/manager could actually be in violation for failure to properly designate parking spaces (we had a parking nazi that used to try and get us in trouble when I was manager at shopping complexes). If they dont have something within viewing distance stating the vehicle can be towed, they cant legally do it...PLUS most places wont as its an unnecessary expense they usually have to pay for up front. They can put gay ass stickers all over it tho...be warned...
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:06 AM   #28
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
It depends, if its not clearly marked, which that isnt, the owner/manager could actually be in violation for failure to properly designate parking spaces (we had a parking nazi that used to try and get us in trouble when I was manager at shopping complexes). If they dont have something within viewing distance stating the vehicle can be towed, they cant legally do it...PLUS most places wont as its an unnecessary expense they usually have to pay for up front. They can put gay ass stickers all over it tho...be warned...
I was talking about riding your bike up onto the curb/sidewalk that surrounds the store, and parking it against the side of the building. If a car is not allowed to do that, why is a motorcycle allowed to? That's all I'm saying. True, most store owners allow bikers to do it, but to my knowledge they are not required to allow it.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:09 AM   #29
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
I was talking about riding your bike up onto the curb/sidewalk that surrounds the store, and parking it against the side of the building. If a car is not allowed to do that, why is a motorcycle allowed to? That's all I'm saying. True, most store owners allow bikers to do it, but to my knowledge they are not required to allow it.
There's usually a city bylaw that specifically precludes it too. In most cases though a scooter or smallish sportbike might get away with it, where a full dress cruiser would get a ticket/tow.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:12 AM   #30
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Ah, you're right, but the same rules apply. We had this problem all the time, for some reason some bikers think its okay to park on other peoples sidewalks and up against the building. Its not. We wouldnt tow (too expensive and annoying legalities), but we would have our security guard find the rider, and remove the bike.

For repeat offenders we had these nasty stickers, about 8 inches by 12, that stuck like you wouldnt believe. Stick that on a windscreen or seat and I can guarantee you the rider wouldnt park on our lovely tiled sidewalks anymore. Owners of the business are not owners of the property and dont have the right to okay this type of parking. Especially when its illegal if marked.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote