Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-02-2009, 11:32 AM   #21
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

But if they are overbooked, they are supposed to make an announcement at the gate asking for volunteers to give up their seat.....I don't think they would just send you home 60 minutes before the flight.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 11:36 AM   #22
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
But if they are overbooked, they are supposed to make an announcement at the gate asking for volunteers to give up their seat.....I don't think they would just send you home 60 minutes before the flight.
Neither did I. Imagine having to make it somewhere... on someone else's schedule...

I used to travel 100%, leave Monday and come home Thursday EVERY week and I've NEVER experienced it. Their attitude about it was exactly like Gas had on email. They barely apologize and say "your bad experience has taught me how to improve our customer service" whatever THAT means....

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 11:50 AM   #23
Mikey
Raving Lunatic

Moto: Concours 14 ABS, ZX6E

I fly constantly, so I've got some horror stories, but the worst was back in late june with American Airlines. I was booked on a flight from Wichita Falls, Texas to Okinawa, Japan, with short layovers in Dallas and San Francisco.

I showed up and checked in for my flight,went through security,the whole deal; then they decide to just up and cancel the flight. It's the only flight that day, so I can either wait until tomorrow, or try to drive the couple of hours to Dallas and hope I make it in time for the connecting flight leaving DFW. Trouble is, I have no car there and the rental agency at the airport is sold out.

AA decides that they are going to get us all down to Dallas by CHARTERING A FUCKING BUS. We all have to get our checked luggage, climb on a bus, and ride for four hours down to Dallas. We question them about refunds and are told that there will be nothing given. The attitude from AA is "we're still getting you there, what are you bitching about?" Of course, the bus gets to DFW too late for my connecting flight. I end up sitting around the airport all day (with my luggage) waiting on standby for the evening flight, which turns out to be full, so AA puts me up in a hotel and books me for the next morning.

The next morning, I get on the flight to San Francisco. It gets there late, and because I have to change terminals and everything, I almost miss my flight to Tokyo. I make it (just barely), and take the long trip to a country where customer service is not dead.

When I get to Tokyo (on time), I find out that the connecting flight that AA had booked me to Okinawa left hours ago, while I was still in the air. Turns out that someone at AA doesn't understand how time zones work. Great. There are no more flights from Tokyo Narita airport to Okinawa that day. I find a JAL (Japan Air Lines) customer service agent and explain the situation. He kicks ass. He takes care of me, gets me something to eat and drink, and starts working his ass off to get me home. He comes back with a buynch of options, and I choose the quickest route- take the bus across town to the other airport (Tokyo Hanaeda), and catch the last flight of the day to Oki. I had never ridden a bus in Japan or been to the other airport and I speak very little Japanese, but I am so well-cared for by the various employees that I come into contact with that it doesn't even matter. I get to Hanaeda just fine, catch my flight to Oki, and finally get home.

The trip should have taken me about 20 hours. I left on a Friday morning at 0600 and finally got there Sunday night at midnight, all because AA sucks at life.

That was not my first bad experience with AA, but unfortunately they are the airline of choice for government travel most of the time, so I don't get a choice. I'll probably end up on at least one of their birds on my way out of here- not looking forward to that.

Last edited by Mikey; 11-02-2009 at 11:51 AM.. Reason: damn keyboard
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:59 PM   #24
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

I have never, EVER, EVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR had good luck with Delta or NWA. Unfortunately, as I fly into Atlanta a great deal, I'm stuck with Delta because of my home airport (Delta is the only direct flight into ATL).

I fly several times a month and the stories I've accumulated over the years just makes my blood boil even thinking about them.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:23 PM   #25
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Start a website specifically against Delta/NWA... well, that idea's probably taken already I'd imagine, but maybe you could start a forum? Spend all of your free time promoting the site and gathering users... then get a bunch of free shit from them as they try to kiss your ass... then sell it to VS for a profit. Win to the muthafuckin' win.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:46 PM   #26
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Call them, no more emails, call them and demand to speak to the highest level person you can. If they won't do it. Keep calling them. They will eventually reimburse you once the expense of providing customer care to you is more costly than paying you off. It's an effective strategy that is a proven winner.
I may try that. I want to speak to my agent first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Chris, I'll speak with my wife. She worked as a travel agent for years so she may know an inside # or some other way to contact someone higher up. She may also have a suggestion on how to handle this further. I've personally heard her argue some specific complaints on behalf of her clients before with some success. Stay tuned.
Rider, please let me know one way or the other. Feel free to call me as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
You guys have convinced me that should I ever make the mistake of booking a flight not to do it with Delta.
MotherF'er if you still did I would kick you in the jimmy. MotherF'er... don't make me pull out the friend card!!

The shitty part is the big new terminal in detroit is a NWA. Otherwise all the others are in the older terminal.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:49 PM   #27
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
I may try that. I want to speak to my agent first.

Rider, please let me know one way or the other. Feel free to call me as well.

MotherF'er if you still did I would kick you in the jimmy. MotherF'er... don't make me pull out the friend card!!

The shitty part is the big new terminal in detroit is a NWA. Otherwise all the others are in the older terminal.
Rest assured I'm not getting on any plane. Ever.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:10 PM   #28
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Rest assured I'm not getting on any plane. Ever.
Now that is just crazy!!

Run Amsoil Product
Old 11-02-2009, 09:32 PM   #29
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Now that is just crazy!!
I really hate airplanes. I'll meet you in Mexico if we go down there. The three of you can fly.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:49 PM   #30
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Shit... what you going to ride/drive? The jeep wont make it, and you wont make it on the buell.

Run Amsoil Product