Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
when he's passed out, kick'em in the nutts
ball tap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:04 PM   #23
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
Is it possible he bought it as a gift for someone else since it is the holiday season...I mean since he's been doing so well ? I guess I wouldn't do anything until I had a chance to talk to him.

No... Its not.

That'd be like me having a bag of oxy's and saying its 'just in case I get hurt'..

Its also not the same as quitting smoking and carrying a pack of cigarettes around.

He bought the bottle intending to drink it. Obviously he hadn't yet, but he didnt buy it to look at.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:29 PM   #24
Dragonpaco
Alleged Puppy Pimper

Moto: Shadow 750 Ace

well i talked to him, he bought it because he had a bad day, didnt drink any of it and told me that there's not a damn thing i can do to stop him from drinking and it pretty much all falls on him which i understand. i told him i'm a phone call away if he needs to talk (i was at work at the time). and i drank the whiskey and just to show him i mean buisness i went to his brothers house and smoked his brothers weed. all in all it was a good talk, at least from my perspective.
Opinions are nothing like assholes, opinions are like vaginas, less then half of everyone has one, everyone else uses one that isn't their own, and there is no better way to fit in or be cast out than to share yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
I don't give a fuck if it's Hitler cake, it's still CAKE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
You can come back here with me after the rally and do it!!!
Dragonpaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 03:32 PM   #25
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
No... Its not.

That'd be like me having a bag of oxy's and saying its 'just in case I get hurt'..

Its also not the same as quitting smoking and carrying a pack of cigarettes around.

He bought the bottle intending to drink it. Obviously he hadn't yet, but he didnt buy it to look at.

That's not even close to what I said or implied.

It's not anything like a bag of oxy's...that doesn't even make sense. I only asked if he may have bought it for someone else as a gift...it is the holiday season you know.

The last post explained it so we all now know but we didn't at the time of my post.

Who said it was anything like a pack of cigs laying around ? I've bought bottles of whiskey for gifts and received them but not a pack of cigs or a bag of oxy's.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 03:43 PM   #26
Apoc

Quote:
That's not even close to what I said or implied.

It's not anything like a bag of oxy's...that doesn't even make sense. I only asked if he may have bought it for someone else as a gift...it is the holiday season you know.

The last post explained it so we all now know but we didn't at the time of my post.

Who said it was anything like a pack of cigs laying around ? I've bought bottles of whiskey for gifts and received them but not a pack of cigs or a bag of oxy's.
i was just pointing out, addicts dont buy there drug of choice as gifts, or 'just because'...

Old 11-30-2009, 03:54 PM   #27
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
i was just pointing out, addicts dont buy there drug of choice as gifts, or 'just because'...
Definitely not 'just because' and I didn't suggest that and I agree.

The gift part...well I've seen it done. I've been given bourbon by people that don't drink but used to and at least one of them had a major problem at one time. It wasn't someone I hang out with but a coworker and they knew I liked Wild Turkey and they bought me a bottle of 108 proof Rare Breed barrel proof Wild Turkey. I didn't drink it around them of course since I only see them at work...especially since I carry a handgun and drive VIP's as part of my job.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 04:24 PM   #28
Apoc

Quote:

The gift part...well I've seen it done. I've been given bourbon by people that don't drink but used to and at least one of them had a major problem at one time.
But, I bet he's been sober a long time and has learned to deal with it in better ways. Sounds like, in this case, the guy is very recently clean. Addiction never goes away, but it gets better with time. I doubt your friend was buying bottles for family straight out of detox.

Old 11-30-2009, 06:38 PM   #29
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
Definitely not 'just because' and I didn't suggest that and I agree.

The gift part...well I've seen it done. I've been given bourbon by people that don't drink but used to and at least one of them had a major problem at one time. It wasn't someone I hang out with but a coworker and they knew I liked Wild Turkey and they bought me a bottle of 108 proof Rare Breed barrel proof Wild Turkey. I didn't drink it around them of course since I only see them at work...especially since I carry a handgun and drive VIP's as part of my job.
[side note] how the hell do you land a job like that? [/side note]
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:00 PM   #30
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

the fact that he didn't drink it should make him very proud of himself

and maybe at some point he'll get to where he won't even buy it to begin with.

it's good that you weren't a dick to him without finding out what happened.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote