Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-28-2009, 12:28 AM   #271
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I know and it's all I'm trying to say... that and go get full coverage, keep your shit together and be more careful where you decide to fuck around.
Full coverage would cost me 1/3 the cost of the bike per year. Instead i use the extra $$$ to open a separate savings account for a new bike
Old 09-28-2009, 12:49 AM   #272
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Full coverage would cost me 1/3 the cost of the bike per year. Instead i use the extra $$$ to open a separate savings account for a new bike

Well take that money and fix your bike! Um Fred why would your insurance be so high? Is it because you have tickets, hmmm?... Listen, I'm mostly just fucking with you but I honestly think you should counter for a grand, take the money and run! Gas Man has the where with all to appeal and ride it out. Not all of us have his kind of money. Shit, I couldn't even afford his dog!!! You got an entire body kit, tank and wheel for $600 which also repaired the damage that you did to the bike earlier this year. If you can recover that money and put a couple bucks in your pocket... WIN!!! imho.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 01:18 AM   #273
derf
token jewboy

Quote:
Well take that money and fix your bike! Um Fred why would your insurance be so high? Is it because you have tickets, hmmm?... Listen, I'm mostly just fucking with you but I honestly think you should counter for a grand, take the money and run! Gas Man has the where with all to appeal and ride it out. Not all of us have his kind of money. Shit, I couldn't even afford his dog!!! You got an entire body kit, tank and wheel for $600 which also repaired the damage that you did to the bike earlier this year. If you can recover that money and put a couple bucks in your pocket... WIN!!! imho.
No thats without any tix added in. If you look at my driving record (as of today) it is fairly clean, with no moving violations. I just looked it up on geico and full coverage would cost me $1100/yr, primary owner, only rider, garage kept, 6+ yrs exp, MSF course. Rider quoted me $75 less earlier this year. Its just my area, I've looked at some other zip codes around here and the price goes up if I head north or south closer to the cities.

I am gonna counter for $1k plus court cost, anything less I'll stick it out, and as an added bonus I figure that the lawyer already cost the tow company almost a grand.

Last edited by derf; 09-28-2009 at 01:27 AM..
derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 04:22 AM   #274
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

i got knocked over by a cop last year and they forked over 5k in repair costs, I fixed my mirror and been riding ever since

take it to them

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:36 AM   #275
Kerry_129
Semi-reformed Squid

Hey Drewpy, you weren't the guy that got knocked off the bike in the infamous THP video where he mistook the 2-up couple for the bikes running from him, were you? (how's that for a run-on... )

Fred - glad the charges/points thing worked out OK for you other than the financial reaming. Counteroffer of $1000 was exactly what I thought when you posted their $500 offer. Continuing to fight & drag it out could could turn into jousting a windmill - lots of additional time & effort with little payback and possibly nothing in the end. Good luck w/ the c'offer!
Kerry_129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:29 AM   #276
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Fuck the cops who needlessly pulled you over in under the false guise of public safety when you were not riding in a reckless manner.

And fuck the tow company that probably got a good laugh dropping your bikes off the back of their flatbed then resorting to threats and extremely unethical behavior.

Send them a letter with a counteroffer of $3,000 and as a sign of good will include a rotten goat cock sandwich on rye.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 01:43 PM   #277
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
No thats without any tix added in. If you look at my driving record (as of today) it is fairly clean, with no moving violations. I just looked it up on geico and full coverage would cost me $1100/yr, primary owner, only rider, garage kept, 6+ yrs exp, MSF course. Rider quoted me $75 less earlier this year. Its just my area, I've looked at some other zip codes around here and the price goes up if I head north or south closer to the cities.

I am gonna counter for $1k plus court cost, anything less I'll stick it out, and as an added bonus I figure that the lawyer already cost the tow company almost a grand.
Wow that's high! I'm ASSuming that you have tried State Farm....FWIW State Farm is typically the lowest... give them a call, bro.

Your counter sounds like a good plan to me, that makes it $1,150 right? If they are smart, they'll settle. The appeal will cost them more than that.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:47 PM   #278
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Fuck the cops who needlessly pulled you over in under the false guise of public safety when you were not riding in a reckless manner.

And fuck the tow company that probably got a good laugh dropping your bikes off the back of their flatbed then resorting to threats and extremely unethical behavior.

Send them a letter with a counteroffer of $3,000 and as a sign of good will include a rotten goat cock sandwich on rye.

Devil's Advocate Here,

1. They admit to speeding.
2. Their paperwork was fucked up.
3. He admits to harassing customers as they entered the business.
4. Goat cock is very expensive and would ad to his "court costs".
Old 09-28-2009, 01:48 PM   #279
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry_129 View Post
Hey Drewpy, you weren't the guy that got knocked off the bike in the infamous THP video where he mistook the 2-up couple for the bikes running from him, were you? (how's that for a run-on... )

Fred - glad the charges/points thing worked out OK for you other than the financial reaming. Counteroffer of $1000 was exactly what I thought when you posted their $500 offer. Continuing to fight & drag it out could could turn into jousting a windmill - lots of additional time & effort with little payback and possibly nothing in the end. Good luck w/ the c'offer!

That's all I'm trying to say...
Old 09-28-2009, 04:48 PM   #280
derf
token jewboy

Quote:

Devil's Advocate Here,

1. They admit to speeding.
2. Their paperwork was fucked up.
3. He admits to harassing customers as they entered the business.
4. Goat cock is very expensive and would ad to his "court costs".

1. I wasnt going as fast as the ticket I got
2. Yep on this one
3. Never harrassed their customers, I told them to look over their shit before they picked it up after we saw the damage to our stuff.
4. Are you an expert at this goat cock?

Kaneman, I would only ever get $1500 now because thats what the judge awarded me. However I would be well within my rights to get an old clunker, register it and park it outside their place of bussiness with some advice on how to sue and win for their customers written on the side of it. I'm seriously contemplating it. I have an extra focus sitting in my driveway thats looking for a reason no to get scrapped