Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-04-2009, 04:19 PM   #221
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

That chic has a mega jaw...
________
Ipad Guide

Last edited by Kaneman; 05-09-2011 at 07:53 PM..
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 04:19 PM   #222
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
We've already covered it but as I stated jeans don't make a big enough of a difference to matter in a motorcycle wreck. I agreed that they do make a difference for the first inch or however long you estimate but after that the rash is going to be just as bad.

P.S. You started the debate with your original gear nazi comment. My only point was, "Hey, jeans aren't really that great, look what happened to my leg in a very minor accident with them"
Nope, I started the argument by stating the I made my gf wear jeans to ride... I am such a bastard! I am so sorry for saying that.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 04:20 PM   #223
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
P.S. You started the debate with your original gear nazi comment.
Werd. Tigger, dangle the carrot, but then act surprised when people bite!
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 04:21 PM   #224
Rsv1000R
WERA White Plate

Quote:
We've already covered it but as I stated jeans don't make a big enough of a difference to matter in a motorcycle wreck. I agreed that they do make a difference for the first inch or however long you estimate but after that the rash is going to be just as bad.
They made a difference in our crash, my roadrash wasn't as bad as the wifes. And now she has to wear long pants on the bike.
Rsv1000R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 04:22 PM   #225
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsv1000R View Post
They made a difference in our crash, my roadrash wasn't as bad as the wifes. And now she has to wear long pants on the bike.
Yup, depends on the slide.
________
Washington dispensaries

Old 06-04-2009, 04:24 PM   #226
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post
Werd. Tigger, dangle the carrot, but then act surprised when people bite!
I didn't "act surprised" by the gear nazi attack but i was surprised by the "jeans aren't better than nothing" tack the argument took. Almost every person I know rides with jeans 90%+ of the time.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:29 PM   #227
neebelung

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I didn't "act surprised" by the gear nazi attack but i was surprised by the "jeans aren't better than nothing" tack the argument took. Almost every person I know rides with jeans 90%+ of the time.
Ok maybe act surprised was the wrong choice of words. You antagonize, but then cry foul when someone bites back. You can dish it out, but you can't take it.

(and I AGREE with ya that most of us wear jeans - absolutely.. I'm not disagreeing with your statement)
Old 06-04-2009, 04:30 PM   #228
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Ok maybe act surprised was the wrong choice of words. You antagonize, but then cry foul when someone bites back. You can dish it out, but you can't take it.

(and I AGREE with ya that most of us wear jeans - absolutely.. I'm not disagreeing with your statement)
I also agree with that statement.
________
SMALLVILLE FORUMS

Old 06-04-2009, 04:56 PM   #229
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:

Shit, very few take more shit on this forum than I do! I don't understand why you think I can't take it? It doesn't bother me in the least. If I act butt hurt, it's just part of the show. Really who cares?

Besides, how did I antagonize? I posted some pics and they came in with their gear or nothing attitude. I expected it but I don't see how I brought it on by saying that I make her wear jeans... I mean that is all I did initially right?

First post;

I mentioned this in the GF Gear thread... this is how my gf shows up to ride. I am by far not a gear nazi and will occasionally go with out my jacket/boots depending on destination, weather and type of ride but I had to tell her that jeans are mandatory on any ride over a very casual moped-like pace. Hopefully, things will change when she gets her own gear Fri.

Kaneman reply;

If she wouldn't go as far as wearing a jacket and some over pants I wouldn't even bother making her change into jeans...they're about as protective as a pair of cotton panties.

This is my leg after a wreck, my jeans came apart as soon as I made contact with the pavement leaving my bare leg to slide along.

Krabill reply;

I was gonna say . . . you insist on jeans? They aren't really any better than the shorts she has on right now.

This is exactly the order things started... and I caused this how?
Old 06-04-2009, 04:58 PM   #230
neebelung

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
blah blah blah
whine whine whine
moan groan, moan groan
Methinks you doth protest too much.

And dammit, you didn't even thank me for the awesomely more appropriate thread title!