Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-04-2009, 03:54 PM   #211
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
What was that cute chick's website that did all the modeling with her road rash? Anyone remember that?
http://www.rockthegear.org/ Didn't think I'd know it did ya?
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 03:57 PM   #212
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
http://www.rockthegear.org/ Didn't think I'd know it did ya?
Your ability to repost what Krabill already posted is astounding! Great job!
________
TOYS DILDO

Last edited by Kaneman; 05-09-2011 at 07:52 PM..
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 04:00 PM   #213
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krabill View Post
Aw you beat me! Have you seen her other site? I wish that I had at least been wearing denim jeans and a denim jacket.com
Old 06-04-2009, 04:01 PM   #214
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Your ability to repost what Krabill already posted is astounding! Great job!
Nah he beat me to it fair and square. He is indeed faster at the internet, congratulations to him!
Old 06-04-2009, 04:05 PM   #215
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

I guess I just don't understand the mentality is all. Mesh gear isn't any hotter than whatever else you might wear, and if you get the right color it is actually cooler than letting the sun beat down on you. I'm not opposed to taking risks or anything, or I wouldn't own a motorcycle. But a minute to put on some proper gear to save my skin (and some intense pain/recovery) if some idiot cager clips me, or I hit some gravel in a turn just seems like a no-brainer.

BTW, I didn't say I would think she's a moron for wearing jeans as you quoted me saying. I said I'd think she was a moron for wearing shorts and a tank top. Me personally, I never realized how worthless jeans can be for protection until I crashed in them.

Editted to add:
I've been part of the "online motorcycling community" since 2000 so I've heard all kinds of horror stories about people not wearing gear. The one that sticks out the most though is a member of the ZRXOA who was I guess what you'd probably refer to as a "gear nazi" Well, long story short he decided to not wear his gloves one day, got clipped by an unknown brown truck on the highway and destroyed his hands beyond use.

Unable to deal with all the things he couldn't do anymore he actually ended up killing himself and leaving his family behind to grieve. For me its the whole Murphy's Law thing.
________
Coach purses

Last edited by Kaneman; 05-09-2011 at 07:52 PM..
Old 06-04-2009, 04:09 PM   #216
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I guess I just don't understand the mentality is all. Mesh gear isn't any hotter than whatever else you might wear, and if you get the right color it is actually cooler than letting the sun beat down on you. I'm not opposed to taking risks or anything, or I wouldn't own a motorcycle. But a minute to put on some proper gear to save my skin (and some intense pain/recovery) if some idiot cager clips me, or I hit some gravel in a turn just seems like a no-brainer.

BTW, I didn't say I would think she's a moron for wearing jeans as you quoted me saying. I said I'd think she was a moron for wearing shorts and a tank top. Me personally, I never realized how worthless jeans can be for protection until I crashed in them.
yea but you started the debate with the statement that "jeans aren't any better than shorts". If jeans are the same as shorts in your mind then all the same rules and attitudes apply. Twisted isn't it? Oh well see you around. I'm gonna post pics of my new lid and then go to hooters for Bike Night, hmmm what should I wear?
Old 06-04-2009, 04:13 PM   #217
Krabill
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 08 WR250R, 12 XTZ1200

Motherfuckin FLIP FLOPS!!!
Krabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 04:14 PM   #218
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
yea but you started the debate with the statement that "jeans aren't any better than shorts". If jeans are the same as shorts in your mind then all the same rules and attitudes apply. Twisted isn't it? Oh well see you around. I'm gonna post pics of my new lid and then go to hooters for Bike Night, hmmm what should I wear?
We've already covered it but as I stated jeans don't make a big enough of a difference to matter in a motorcycle wreck. I agreed that they do make a difference for the first inch or however long you estimate but after that the rash is going to be just as bad.

P.S. You started the debate with your original gear nazi comment. My only point was, "Hey, jeans aren't really that great, look what happened to my leg in a very minor accident with them"
________
Buy Easy Vape Vaporizer

Last edited by Kaneman; 05-09-2011 at 07:53 PM..
Old 06-04-2009, 04:18 PM   #219
Rsv1000R
WERA White Plate

I know it's going to get me in trouble, But I ride the Harley all the time in boots, gloves, jeans and a t-shirt if it's warm. I look at it as I'm not going that much faster most times than I did on my bicycle growing up. On my RSV I wear a leather jacket, gloves, boots and a helmet. IMO gear appropriate for the ride.
Rsv1000R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 04:19 PM   #220
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Tigger, get your woman some leather already. Then take pics. Lots of pics. And spank her for being naughty girl. Get pics of that too.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote