Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 08-17-2013, 08:46 PM   #211
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Hmm, I may have to try Crossfit after my marathon...we'll see. I've noticed as I've gotten older I am able to more easily put on muscle, and while toned is great, I dont care for the muscles popping out look, any issues with that?
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:45 AM   #212
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

I've been at it for 6 months and not gotten bulky, but you will get more definition in things like your quads, glutes, lats, and traps because we use them frequently.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:29 AM   #213
the chi
Forum Coach

Cool, thanks for the info!
Old 08-20-2013, 05:57 AM   #214
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

Rae Rae, I do mostly raw, would love to go 100% but I still liked some cooked stuff (pasta, beans) and sometimes its just for convenience to go grab something on the go. But I eat tons of salad, raw veggies and when i am not lazy, smoothies.

My diet is always a work in progress and I have to be mindful of what I eat to make sure I am getting enough of what I need since I don't have the safety net of eating meat. I feel great when I am eating mostly raw vs less raw and need less sleep (2 hours less than usual) and less recovery time in general.

I don't look as lean and toned as I did 10 years ago when I was working out all the time and had a faster metabolism but I think I am doing OK for being 33 and 108lbs without counting calories and working out a ton

Eating raw is not just about fruit and veggies, there are raw nuts, raw nut milks, raw bee pollen, raw unfiltered honey just to name a few. This is a good starter book-
http://www.amazon.com/Food-Made-Peop.../dp/1570672733

As far as organic goes, I try to abide by the clean 10 and dirty dozen. Also when I do eat eggs and drink bovine milk, its organic.

Last edited by Tsunami; 08-20-2013 at 03:40 PM..
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:06 AM   #215
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
I don't look as lean and toned as I did 10 years ago when I was working out all the time and had a faster metabolism but I think I am doing OK for being 33 and 108lbs without counting calories and working out a ton
What a HUGE difference 10 years makes huh?!?! Cause see...10 years ago on SBN/CF I woulda SO said but now I'm married to my best friend and the hottest woman on the planet and all I got's is wicha bad self while snakin' on some bacon and celery
Old 08-21-2013, 09:20 AM   #216
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
What a HUGE difference 10 years makes huh?!?! Cause see...10 years ago on SBN/CF I woulda SO said but now I'm married to my best friend and the hottest woman on the planet and all I got's is wicha bad self while snakin' on some bacon and celery
Just cause you're on a diet, doesn't mean you can't look at the menu...

I'm married to my best friend and the most beautiful woman in the world... but...

OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:54 PM   #217
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Just cause you're on a diet, doesn't mean you can't look at the menu...

I'm married to my best friend and the most beautiful woman in the world... but...

I'm single so.....

1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:19 AM   #218
the chi
Forum Coach

Thanks Tsunami! I know there's no way I can give up my meats and pasta yet, maybe one day, but I figure if I make sure it's organic and clean thats better than nothing! I'm with ya on the older thing...thus why I am trying to clean up my act. I'm in better shape now than I was 10 years ago, but I don't want to look like one of those scary old ladies with all the bones sticking out, so I'm trying to balance my running with other stuff.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:06 AM   #219
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post

You know Troy, I don't think you ever leg humped me back in those days either LOL

And Bacon is bad! Its the gateway meat!
Old 08-25-2013, 03:10 AM   #220
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chi View Post
Thanks Tsunami! I know there's no way I can give up my meats and pasta yet, maybe one day, but I figure if I make sure it's organic and clean thats better than nothing! I'm with ya on the older thing...thus why I am trying to clean up my act. I'm in better shape now than I was 10 years ago, but I don't want to look like one of those scary old ladies with all the bones sticking out, so I'm trying to balance my running with other stuff.
Organic and clean is a great start! And cutting down or out processed foods.

I just bought myself a bicycle today and some swim stuff (learning how to swim). Maybe there is a super short triathalon in my future. We should pick a destination race and do it together!

And I am sure when I am old, I am going to be an scary old lady with the bones jutting out