Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 05-18-2008, 09:45 AM   #201
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Cheap doesn't mean better, guy.
I know this. From what my neighbor was telling me (who is 40, has raced dirtbikes all his life, and ridden street for many years) regina and DID were both top of the line chains.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 09:29 AM   #202
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

I FUCKING HATE when people see that I ride...(I have my bike as the desktop on my computer and have a couple models of motorcycles on my desk at work) and start asking my opinions... and ignoring them almost as quick as they get out of my mouth...

it's the same old shit... today though I had a couple people start in... one turns to me and says..I'm think'n about getting the GSXR1000... what do you think? normally I'd say well... how much riding experience do you have? but it's OBVIOUS... by them asking me what I thought... they have either never ridden or are BRAND FUCKING NEW! so I tell them... start small... barely do the words cross my lips when they reply... Oh but I know myself... I'll get bored...

BORED?! are you fucking kidding me? 1. you've never ridden... so how do you think you'll get bored when you don't know what the fuck it's gonna be like?! and 2. if you get fucking bored riding a 600... well... riding isn't for you.

so I reply... trying to stay calm... trust me... a 600 has more than enough power to keep you entertained... again... barely do I utter these words does the words "maybe I should just get the busa"

at that point I laughed and turned and continued my work... the kid asked why I laughed... I was like... seriously dude... please don't ever talk to me about bikes again... but above all... find another interest... for your sake... take up roller blade'n or some shit...

then they start talk'n about pick'n up chicks... and roll'n through Daytona and Huntington beach... and have'n the chick's in Bikini's on the back...

yeah... kicked them out of my office at that point...

what really pisses me off though... is that some poor bike is gonna be subject to a life like that...

then again... can I talk... with my bike sitting in storage for the better part of 3 years...

Last edited by Mr Lefty; 06-04-2008 at 09:37 AM..
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 09:34 AM   #203
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Well, you know what they say Ebbs...

One noobs shiney new race replica is soon to be a skilled rider's dirt cheap track bike!
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 09:36 AM   #204
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

true.... should have given them my number and said call me when you lay it down and it's not pretty enough for the strip... I'll buy it off ya for 3grand...
Old 06-04-2008, 05:14 PM   #205
rider76
Canyon Carver

Moto: looking for the next ride

I guy I went to Iraq with ( only been home 2 weeks) called me today to tell me he just got an 08 Busa. He wants me to teach him how to ride!!! I was like fuck man a busa, I thought u had better sense than that. He says "what I dont want to buy new bikes every couple of years when I get bored, so I just got the bad boy now, besides why are u hating". Guess this will be another funeral I will be attending
rider76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 05:19 PM   #206
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

just have him put you in his will... to leave the insurance payment for the bike to you
Old 06-04-2008, 05:21 PM   #207
rider76
Canyon Carver

Fucking 20 year old kid. its his first new vehicle. cant tell them anything.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:41 PM   #208
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

seriously... I'd take him back to the dealership and try to get them to take it back... I'd use every bit of my miltiary influence... mention getting the dealership black listed... for selling an inexperienced rider a bike like that...

I know it's not the dealerships fault... but I honestly think you'll be save'n the dudes life... and FUCK that dealership... they may not have don't anything illegal... but fuck them...
Old 06-04-2008, 06:11 PM   #209
rider76
Canyon Carver

I called our 1st shirt. we are going to set the guy down and team up on him. I told him before that if he got a bike for his experience level, that I would teach him but I told him don't buy a Busa. I offered to go with him to the stealership, help in any way I can....this guy is one of my troops, don't wanta go to another funeral
Old 06-04-2008, 06:17 PM   #210
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

well even if he doesn't kill himself... he's probably gonna be hurting financialy if he lays it down. shit he's probably hurting financially right now with the purchase of the new bike!

has he actually taken delivory of it? or is it waiting for him?

this is where it'd be nice to have an older say 95-99 600... to let him borrow for a couple days learning to ride and getting used to sportbikes..

I've been think'n that's something I wanna do... I'll go buy an older 600 and just keep it... something to fuck around on now and again but I'm sure I'll have at least 10-20 more people ask about riding and buying a busa... i can just take them out and let them try the 600 and get the feel for the power...