Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 05-15-2008, 11:27 AM   #191
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

I have a new rant:

I dislike busybodies. I greatly dislike people who have nothing better to do with their lives than harass other people.

The issue: Today is Police and Law Enforcement Appreciation Day. A day to honor and remember all our officers, past present, standing and fallen. A good solid day that requires nothing more than taking a moment to reflect and to put your flags at half mast if you have one (which most people dont even bother to lower at all).

This is a fairly new holiday to my understanding and at least it has some relevance, unlike several others...and has been added to the federally recognized list...

My beef?

We have a flag Nazi that has nothing better to do than harass and harangue my office if we fail to meet HIS time standards in regards to OUR flag. We proudly fly the 2nd largest flag on the tallest flagpole in the state of Florida. We honor each holiday we feel fit (the fed approved and reasonable ones as well as offer special ceremonies for big ones like Labor Day, 9/11, Memorial Day, etc) with the appropriate flag standing. This asshole however feels the need to call 2 HOURS before my office is even open to leave nasty messages, as well as stop in the office and BITCH at us the MOMENT we walk in the door about getting the flag lowered. I swear by everything I hold holy, if that ass walks in my door one more time i will have a warrant issued against him, and have him arrested for trespassing due to his harassment. It's one thing to give us a friendly reminder making sure we havent forgotten, its completely different to literally rant and rave in MY OFFICE about it. The next time I see him...

We fought tooth and nail with the city and locals (yes truly we had to do so)for our damn flag and flagpole, we are fully aware of protocol which we meet to the best of our abilities at all times, but people who have nothing better to do than wait to POUNCE on us the moment they think theyve caught us in the wrong really PISSES ME OFF. We didnt forget, we werent even here yet. Hadnt even sat down at our desks!!

And to top it off, i just got a call from a tenant of mine down the shopping center that some other asshole came in and bitched HER out because he didnt feel it was appropriate for us to be flying the flag at half mast and it wasnt a valid reason and we dont have THE RIGHTS to do it...

I hate stupid people...

Oh yeah, and while im on it, people also call to bitch when we have to remove it for maintenance or we fly a smaller flag...the same people who tried to stop us getting it at all!!!
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 01:19 AM   #192
t-homo
WSB Champion

My rant. The guy who had the bike before me obviously wasn't overly intelligent about it when he installed a new rear sprocket on the bike. The tire wasn't completely straight after he put it all back together so the chain adjustment bolt hole on the right side was stripped out. So after my neighbor and I retapped it with a 10mm bolt, we got the tire back in straight and the chain started to bike a little bit. Ends up that he bent the pretty new vortex sprocket, which fucked up the chain also. So today I had to order a 220 dollar regina chain/sprocket kit, and mostly can't go riding tomorrow with a couple of friends.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 01:55 AM   #193
Dnyce
flyin high

Moto: 10speed huffy w/cards in the spokes

he bent the sprocket? seriously?
Dnyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 09:07 AM   #194
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnyce View Post
he bent the sprocket? seriously?
its ever so slight, but enough to cause the chain to bind when properly tightened.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:29 AM   #195
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
My rant. The guy who had the bike before me obviously wasn't overly intelligent about it when he installed a new rear sprocket on the bike. The tire wasn't completely straight after he put it all back together so the chain adjustment bolt hole on the right side was stripped out. So after my neighbor and I retapped it with a 10mm bolt, we got the tire back in straight and the chain started to bike a little bit. Ends up that he bent the pretty new vortex sprocket, which fucked up the chain also. So today I had to order a 220 dollar regina chain/sprocket kit, and mostly can't go riding tomorrow with a couple of friends.
From what I've heard, that was your problem right there.
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 10:32 AM   #196
t-homo
WSB Champion

Yeah, I am going back in with Regina stuff, so that should be a lot better.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:42 AM   #197
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Yeah, I am going back in with Regina stuff, so that should be a lot better.
Renthal FTW.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 04:26 PM   #198
Dnyce
flyin high

Moto: 10speed huffy w/cards in the spokes

Quote:
its ever so slight, but enough to cause the chain to bind when properly tightened.
u took the sprocket off already? lay it on a piece of glass to check it. i know vortex isnt the best, but its kinda hard to bend something like that and not notice it immediatly.

then again u bought the kit already, guess it dont matter.
Dnyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 04:55 PM   #199
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Renthal FTW.
I was going to get Renthal sprockets with a DID chain, but the regina kit was cheaper.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:23 AM   #200
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
I was going to get Renthal sprockets with a DID chain, but the regina kit was cheaper.
Cheap doesn't mean better, guy.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote