Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-28-2009, 11:28 AM   #11
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Dude, I'm sorry but to get any motor to increase power output by 50% is not going to be a matter of a few bolt-ons...that's ridiculous to even suggest. Sharp bike though! I have all of the mods you are describing on my GSXR, I guess I should be making oh about 220 hp right about now... Shit, I've seen guys with big bore kits, air box mods, modified cranks, ported and polished heads, you name it and they don't gain 50%. In fact, consider WSBK. All of those bikes on the grid are modded to the max with the best parts available to man and they are "only" gaining around 25%.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 06:25 PM   #12
zed
yellow don't corner well

Moto: 06 ZX10R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Dude, I'm sorry but to get any motor to increase power output by 50% is not going to be a matter of a few bolt-ons...that's ridiculous to even suggest. Sharp bike though! I have all of the mods you are describing on my GSXR, I guess I should be making oh about 220 hp right about now... Shit, I've seen guys with big bore kits, air box mods, modified cranks, ported and polished heads, you name it and they don't gain 50%. In fact, consider WSBK. All of those bikes on the grid are modded to the max with the best parts available to man and they are "only" gaining around 25%.
I've been in this argument before, don't try to talk sense into them. they just get really pissy and call you names.
Old 06-28-2009, 06:59 PM   #13
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by zed View Post
I've been in this argument before, don't try to talk sense into them. they just get really pissy and call you names.
Oh not another one of "those" subjects....
Old 06-28-2009, 07:02 PM   #14
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Caster Troy used to have a TITS TLR. And it wasn't making 150. I believe he said 135.

G-Rex has a well worked Tiller as well, I do believe. And I don't think his is near 150 either.

Hell, I wish I could pick up 10% more power on mine..
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 07:07 PM   #15
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
Caster Troy used to have a TITS TLR. And it wasn't making 150. I believe he said 135.

G-Rex has a well worked Tiller as well, I do believe. And I don't think his is near 150 either.

Hell, I wish I could pick up 10% more power on mine..
Shit 135 from 98 (not my number btw) would be phenomenal without major internal modifications that would almost certainly destroy reliability!
Old 06-28-2009, 07:17 PM   #16
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

I haven't dyno'ed my TLR, but I will say that it does have some motor work and bags the rev limiter like yesterday. I really need another 1500 rpm on the redline to really see what she's got, but until I build the bottom end *and* find a Yoshimura adjustable computer, well..yeah.

For the seat of the pants evaluation.....When the 2003 GSXR 1000 first came out, I bought the first one in town. I happened to have the GSXR and my TLR at my shop at the same time. I think the GSXR was getting the first service and I rode my TLR there. Well, my buddy that works there brought the GSXR home for me. On the way, we did a few blasts down the backroads to see how they compared. My TLR would hang with the GSXR up to 130. Beyond that we ran out of road.

I have no problem hanging with a current gen liter bike on my TLR. Keep in mind though that my TLR is probably about as modified as you'll find one that's not in the Yoshimura collection, so it's not really indicative of most of what's out there.
Old 06-28-2009, 07:56 PM   #17
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
Casters TLR was one of the nicest bikes ive ever seen.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:07 AM   #18
TommyHotWheel
Imported from Detroit

Moto: 2001 Suzuki TL1000R

Sorry, I forgot how easy it is to fudge dyno numbers...my bad. I never said it was my bike with those numbers...but its the net, assumptions are made as fast as sarcastic comments. I have read a number of articles and seen dyno sheets of a Yosh pipe boosting power to 115 before mapping or any other intake/ehxaust mods...but any one can argue that dyno figures can be fudged, by the way...thats over 25% increase with just exhaust...but thats just ridiculous...right?

Cry Havok! And let slip the hogs of war!

Last edited by TommyHotWheel; 06-29-2009 at 12:22 AM..
TommyHotWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:19 AM   #19
Antwanny
WERA White Plate

dyno sheet right here full yoshi exhaust power commander custom mapped, 105 at the rear wheel. Ill upload the sheet if i must. But i will agree it is quite easy to mess with dynos.
Antwanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:20 AM   #20
zed
yellow don't corner well

Moto: 06 ZX10R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyHotWheel View Post
Sorry, I forgot how easy it is to fudge dyno numbers...my bad.
Tigger, ^^^ that right there was what the argument really boiled down to. I asked how many people on the forum/in that thread was Dyno certified. I have had the class and the certification and oddly enough was the only one in the argument that was.