Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 06-16-2009, 01:50 AM   #11
Yamerhaw
Country Boy

Moto: 07 R1

ok, nevermind, i need more than just that bolt, so i ordered an entire clutch perch with lever off ebay....heres how this all began

riding home saturday night, my clutch started slipping, well i decide to go ahead and tear into it to try adjusting the clutch before ordering new ones, well i found that when i pulled in the lever, it wasnt releasing all the way, so it was like i was riding with the lever pulled in a little, so i figure out its just my lever itself sticking, i could loosen up the bolt and it worked fine, but as soon as i snug it up any, it sticks again....so the only thing i figure it could possibly be is that the bushing(collar) inside the lever is worn down(the one that prevents over tightening of the bolt) so i just leave it a little lose, and put another 10mm nut on and tighten them up on each other...well i ended up stripping the threads off the bolt,so i just said screw it and ordered the whole damn thing off ebay...

after re reading this post, i dont even know if it makes sense to anybody

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.
Yamerhaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:03 AM   #12
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamerhaw View Post
ok, nevermind, i need more than just that bolt, so i ordered an entire clutch perch with lever off ebay....heres how this all began

riding home saturday night, my clutch started slipping, well i decide to go ahead and tear into it to try adjusting the clutch before ordering new ones, well i found that when i pulled in the lever, it wasnt releasing all the way, so it was like i was riding with the lever pulled in a little, so i figure out its just my lever itself sticking, i could loosen up the bolt and it worked fine, but as soon as i snug it up any, it sticks again....so the only thing i figure it could possibly be is that the bushing(collar) inside the lever is worn down(the one that prevents over tightening of the bolt) so i just leave it a little lose, and put another 10mm nut on and tighten them up on each other...well i ended up stripping the threads off the bolt,so i just said screw it and ordered the whole damn thing off ebay...

after re reading this post, i dont even know if it makes sense to anybody
Yea perfect sense. Make sure you lube it up good and you may need to adjust your clutch cable at the top and bottom. You may even have to adjust it internally under the side cover. It's in that service manual I sent you. Ya nut!!! Seriously, if you need any help, let me know.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote