http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 12:50 PM   #12
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
I'll tell you the difference next month. We go to AT next week and will be qualifying with both the CCO's and ACOG's.

From handling them, I like the ACOG's better. If i'm going to look through a scope, I want magnification damnit!
Everyone I've talked to who has fired both has preferred the ACOG. For one, no batteries = bonus. Although I've also heard that, at least with the ver. 4 CCO (the one that takes one AA battery), the batteries last forever..

I'm happy either way.. even though I had like 7-8 misfeeds when I went through qualification, I was a first time go. I'm not sweating my score.. I'll probably have to requalify with a totally different weapon once we actually mobilize anyway.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 12:57 PM   #13
ericr
I'm so much cooler online

Moto: 06 FZ1

Glad you're home in mostly one piece

I'll take the Aimpoint anyday, but I've not used a newer ACOG, last one was probably 8 yrs ago or so and it was not very "clear" to me. In low light it would have sucked I think, it was on an MP5 from an ATL SWAT Team. I have a COMP M2 on my rifle and I love it!! No parallex issues that I've ever seen.

Nice group other than the flyer though Do y'all shoot ball ammo for qualifying or the plastic bullets? Our Reserve unit went to the plastic bullets for qualifying and I never shot expert with them. Never didn't shoot expert with ball ammo and only missed expert by one round once on the M9.

I want to shoot the M19!!!!!!!!!!!! Please please please please I had an invite to go qualify at Ft Benning with our Security Forces once but my unit didn't have the funds to put me on orders just to go play with heavy weapons I would have gotten to qualify on the M50, M204, SAW (I did get to shoot a SAW once though at Dobbins) and I don't know what other weapons they were going to qualify on. I wanted to go bad!!

Eric: ibu what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
but I'm perfectly placed when I'm on my knees . . . .
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 01:08 PM   #14
Archren
Sham WOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericr View Post
Glad you're home in mostly one piece

I'll take the Aimpoint anyday, but I've not used a newer ACOG, last one was probably 8 yrs ago or so and it was not very "clear" to me. In low light it would have sucked I think, it was on an MP5 from an ATL SWAT Team. I have a COMP M2 on my rifle and I love it!! No parallex issues that I've ever seen.

Nice group other than the flyer though Do y'all shoot ball ammo for qualifying or the plastic bullets? Our Reserve unit went to the plastic bullets for qualifying and I never shot expert with them. Never didn't shoot expert with ball ammo and only missed expert by one round once on the M9.

I want to shoot the M19!!!!!!!!!!!! Please please please please I had an invite to go qualify at Ft Benning with our Security Forces once but my unit didn't have the funds to put me on orders just to go play with heavy weapons I would have gotten to qualify on the M50, M204, SAW (I did get to shoot a SAW once though at Dobbins) and I don't know what other weapons they were going to qualify on. I wanted to go bad!!
The newer ACOGs are apparently pretty good. They have the tritium in 'em now for low light conditions.. but I haven't fired with one, so I have no personal experience. The CCO did fantastic on day, NBC, and night fire, so I'm definitely a fan.

And yes, we do shoot ball ammo for zeroing and qualification. I didn't get to shoot the Mk19 other than at the EST 2000, but they were practically begging to get people to shoot the Mk19.. one of our LTC's volunteered for it since no one else wanted to (I would have, but I had to do the CLS class).

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."

-Dr. Seuss
Old 06-02-2009, 02:09 PM   #15
MissHell
Followed the crowd over.

Moto: '07 Yahama R6

Welcome back!

You were missed.
MissHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 03:59 PM   #16
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

Welcome back Carolina!
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 04:08 PM   #17
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

hey, welcome back

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 04:36 PM   #18
Archren
Sham WOW

Thanks y'all.

-Dr. Seuss
Old 06-02-2009, 05:01 PM   #19
JoshuaTree
DILLIGAF?

Location: Austin, Texas, USA, Earth, Sol, Western Spiral Arm, Milky Way
Moto: 1993 K75SA

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
I sure as hell missed you!

JoshuaTree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:09 PM   #20
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
What is that orange thing on the tip of your barrel in the last pic?
Blank adapter, it keeps all of the crap that flies out of your barrel when shooting blanks from ending up in someone's eyes. Oh and it makes cleaning your weapon oh so much more fun!

Oh oops she answered your question already, sorry!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote