Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 05-05-2009, 12:38 PM   #11
goof2
AMA Supersport

I would like to think I would turn it in because that is the honorable thing to do. I would definitely turn it in in this case. It was at an ATM drive thru, presumably at a bank. There would be cameras all over and I don't think I would like the result if I tried to keep it.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:43 PM   #12
BobTheBiker
too much time on my hands

Moto: 01 ZX6R, looking for more now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
I'd take it home and open up a security lock box the next day and wait and see if there was anything about it in the news, or a reward of sorts. If it turned out to be granny's life savings then i'd consider returning it. If it was drug money or something similar i'd feel no regret keeping it.

more than likely i'd never read the paper though, and be headed on a nice vacation. I'd call it my personal stimulus package.
pretty much exactly my thoughts. I couldnt rightfully keep it unless I knew some coporation or drug dealer lost it.

if it were the money a poor family were going to use to buy a home, I'd be compelled to return it. I couldnt sleep at night if I knew a family just lost the money they were using to buy their home with.

but corporate CEO or drug dealer's money, well they're both criminals to me anyhow, so fuck em.

then again, if I kept it, I dont know exactly what I"d do with it, other than a high interest account in the caymans and call it my "retirement fund" or buy myself a house in cash and tell the world to fuck off.
BobTheBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:43 PM   #13
Rider
Moto GP Star

I'd "borrow" the money for a while. I'd go to the store and buy beer for say $4/6 pack. I'd find a person on welfare, sell them the beer for say $25 in food stamps/6 pack, then I'd take those food stamps and sell it to a single mom with 10 kids at $10 for every $20 worth of food stamps. I just doubled my money and I'd give the original amount back to the rightful owner if I could find them.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:48 PM   #14
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

My biggest issue would be that some Armored Truck employee or bank employee is now going to be fired for losing $120K

Maybe it belongs to the bank and they suck, but some person was responsible for that and could lose their job over it. And could possibly be accused of stealing it.
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:48 PM   #15
cuttle
now available w/o fish

Moto: DR650, Morini, 1/2 M900ie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
I would like to think I would turn it in because that is the honorable thing to do. I would definitely turn it in in this case. It was at an ATM drive thru, presumably at a bank. There would be cameras all over and I don't think I would like the result if I tried to keep it.

exactomundo!

- R. K. Milholland
cuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:48 PM   #16
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
I'd "borrow" the money for a while. I'd go to the store and buy beer for say $4/6 pack. I'd find a person on welfare, sell them the beer for say $25 in food stamps/6 pack, then I'd take those food stamps and sell it to a single mom with 10 kids at $10 for every $20 worth of food stamps. I just doubled my money and I'd give the original amount back to the rightful owner if I could find them.
thats just a rediculously overly thoughtout plan. it'd never work.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:56 PM   #17
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

turn it in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:57 PM   #18
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post
that would be enough to fund my trip round the world though.... hummmmm
by a GS and go around the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:08 PM   #19
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather View Post
My biggest issue would be that some Armored Truck employee or bank employee is now going to be fired for losing $120K

Maybe it belongs to the bank and they suck, but some person was responsible for that and could lose their job over it. And could possibly be accused of stealing it.
Just for argument sake, and no I'm not stalking you...
But, if somebody,s job is to not lose the money.. And they lost the money.. What do you think the chances are that they'll keep their job?
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:10 PM   #20
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
Just for argument sake, and no I'm not stalking you...
But, if somebody,s job is to not lose the money.. And they lost the money.. What do you think the chances are that they'll keep their job?
True. I just wouldn't want them to have to go to jail because they were accused of stealing. Which is what happens when that much money goes missing.
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote